PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to heaven ?

scaraben
17-Apr-07, 17:13
How Do You Get To Heaven?

"If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale, and gave money to the Church, would that get me into heaven?" I asked the children in my Sunday school class. "NO!" the children all answered. "If I cleaned the Church every day, mowed the grass, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into heaven?" Again the answer was, "NO!"" Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweets to all the children and loved my wife, would that get me into heaven?" I asked them again. Once more they all answered, "NO!" "Well," I continued, thinking they were a good bit more theologically sophisticated than I had given them credit for, "then how can I get into heaven?" A five-year-old boy shouted out, "You gotta be dead!"

Lavenderblue2
17-Apr-07, 19:08
Very good Scaraben - Out of the mouths of babes...

Of course, none of us will know if we have earned our place in the Kingdom of Heaven until we die - we can only hope and pray and do our best in all walks of life.

LB

scaraben
17-Apr-07, 21:27
Ah Lavenderblue2, its not something that we can earn.......
Its a FREE GIFT when we seek forgiveness for our sins and ask Christ into our heart. Then we get that uncanny peace, here and now, in the knowledge that we will go to be with Him in heaven at our physical death.

Lolabelle
17-Apr-07, 21:56
We went to a church camp over easter, and on the sunday night (around the fire) we were all asked "What we would say on our death bed". Many spoke of things they would say to relatives and of what they had learnt of this life, but one 10 year old boy simply said "Amen", So be it. And I say "Amen" to that.

horseman
26-May-07, 19:42
Ah Lavenderblue2, its not something that we can earn.......
Its a FREE GIFT when we seek forgiveness for our sins and ask Christ into our heart. Then we get that uncanny peace, here and now, in the knowledge that we will go to be with Him in heaven at our physical death.

The good ones are the best.:)