PDA

View Full Version : Paul Monaghan apologises for antisemitic tweets

BetterTogether
02-Sep-15, 23:25
http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/143628/scottish-mp-paul-monaghan-apologises-over-antisemitic-tweet

davem
02-Sep-15, 23:50
I hardly think criticism of the treatment of Palestinians by Israel constitutes antisemitism.....

cptdodger
03-Sep-15, 07:08
The problem is, it doesn't matter what the subject is he is "tweeting" about. The damage is done the minute he posts his thoughts. He seems very good at deleting the said tweets, like the ones calling the No voters all manner of names. This guy is supposed to have a Communications person, who I believe is his brother? Time he sacked him then because he's not doing his job.

BetterTogether
03-Sep-15, 12:56
I hardly think criticism of the treatment of Palestinians by Israel constitutes antisemitism.....He didn't just aim his criticism at Israel but at all Jews worldwide and that's where in lay the problem.

rob murray
03-Sep-15, 13:52
Just read the url, seems the good "doctors" tweet was subject to reprimand by sturgeon refering clearly to what she saw as attacks and abuse on Jewish people............. "Ms Sturgeon told the JC that whatever “the rights and wrongs of the Israel-Palestine situation", it should never be used "as some kind of justification for attacks on Jewish people, or abuse towards Jewish people, or Jewish people in any way being made to feel responsible for the actions people are disagreeing with. That's a point that has to be made at every level of Scottish society very, very strongly”.

On another point whilst on INvergordon high street I saw a poster up indicating the doctors office's....Brora and London.....now whats to stop the geezer having a Caithness presence, he could share Rob Gibsons gaff up in duxy and have Caithness clinincs there say monthly.......thats is if he can be bothered.

BetterTogether
03-Sep-15, 13:59
I do believe he is Wick tomorrow not as though he has the good grace to announce it overly publicly though. I mean why notify your consituents.

rob murray
03-Sep-15, 14:44
I do believe he is Wick tomorrow not as though he has the good grace to announce it overly publicly though. I mean why notify your consituents.

Seriously ? If Id known that I would travel up to Wick and get the doctor to look at my veruca....................or is he a pretend doctor ?

BetterTogether
03-Sep-15, 19:35
Here we go seems I got the information out before he did.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_PaulMonaghan/status/639470047480651776

davth
03-Sep-15, 19:45
With his views, he will fit right in, in wick

pinotnoir
04-Sep-15, 13:25
The @AlanRoden twitter account is uncovering more historical tweets that may haunt Dr Monaghan.

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 14:06
The @AlanRoden twitter account is uncovering more historical tweets that may haunt Dr Monaghan.

Is that the software that tracks twitter deletions ( of politicians ) ?

pinotnoir
04-Sep-15, 14:37
No, it's the twitter account of Daily Mail Scottish political editor, which I was lured into from the journalist Iain Macwhirter's twitter account.

Betraying little wit and no originality the issue isn’t going to be as much with the subject matter of the tweets, it is their tone. They are heavily soiled in bitterness. I am very disappointed in the lack of forbearance of our MP.

BetterTogether
04-Sep-15, 14:43
I have read the tweets on that account I must say I shocked he speaks so ill of so many people does make you wonder how he considers himself a fit and proper person to represent all the people of his constituency.

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 15:20
I have read the tweets on that account I must say I shocked he speaks so ill of so many people does make you wonder how he considers himself a fit and proper person to represent all the people of his constituency.

He obviously isnt fit to represent anyone

BetterTogether
04-Sep-15, 15:34
This is the party a certain person on the org says will bring us a freer, fairer society and that we should be respectful to each other. I'm certainly glad I never voted for such a vile human being more shame on those who voted and supported this man into power.

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 16:14
This is the party a certain person on the org says will bring us a freer, fairer society and that we should be respectful to each other. I'm certainly glad I never voted for such a vile human being more shame on those who voted and supported this man into power.

Repect.....lol lol lol the only respect this geezer has is for his bulging pay packet and expenses...does anyone really believe that this man is in politics to make progressive changes ( apart from to try and bust up the UK, that is if you see that as positive ) One of his posts was apparently 'If you vote No you clearly neither understand the issues nor care about Scotland.' well I voted no, I clearlly understood the issues and saw through the blatant lies being told, and I am a passionate Scot with a Caithness lineage that goes back to the 16th century..... what issues does he understand ? and he cares about Scotland...aye thatll be right, cares enough to tarnish this countries proud political heritage..a joker a complete joke.

davth
04-Sep-15, 16:14
How long will Fishy Nic continue to Ignore this vile embarrassment of a man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222033/SNP-MP-exposed-pathetic-internet-troll-attacked-Royal-Family-branded-Union-Flag-Britain-s-butcher-s-apron.htm

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 16:26
How long will Fishy Nic continue to Ignore this vile embarrassment of a man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222033/SNP-MP-exposed-pathetic-internet-troll-attacked-Royal-Family-branded-Union-Flag-Britain-s-butcher-s-apron.htm

Did the SNP not check out his twitter past prior to adopting him as a candidate, or maybe they didnt, he is in the media eye now and theres quite possibly more stories to come..a staggered attack on the geezer.....the standard excuse is..thyere old past tweets made prior to becomming an MP, wis a bad boy but behaves himsel now and anyway he is not alone as other people in other parties are at it were at it too.....well thats not good enough.....in old fashioned terms what he tweets is his thoughts in an electronic format.. just as prior to social medi he would make his thoughts public by speaking about them.......or not as I suspect he is to cowardly to stand up in front of people and say what he tweets.

BetterTogether
04-Sep-15, 16:40
Let's not forget this is the same man who gave a job to his brother as media something or other after publicly advertising it.
Shame no one can find any evidence of the advertisements.

So we have more cronyism jobs for the boys more public money being funnelled into family members pockets.

Noticeably not a single word from the orgs most vociferous and ardent SNP supporter.

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 16:44
Lets widen this out then....do SNP voters / yessers who post on the org support this mans conduct ? I bet the silence is deafening

golach
04-Sep-15, 17:24
Lets widen this out then....do SNP voters / yessers who post on the org support this mans conduct ? I bet the silence is deafeningYessers can do no wrong , have you not picked this up already?

rob murray
04-Sep-15, 19:07
yessers = moonies and scientoligists : brainwashed

cptdodger
04-Sep-15, 22:40
Lets widen this out then....do SNP voters / yessers who post on the org support this mans conduct ? I bet the silence is deafening

Well I don't see anybody rushing to defend this vile man. It just proves my point, it would not have mattered one jot who was standing for election, as long as they were standing for the SNP. It wasn't the person that was important, it was gaining seats, at any cost.

Shabbychic
05-Sep-15, 00:57
yessers = moonies and scientoligists : brainwashed

Really.......that's the best you can come up with? You been oan the bevvie or something?

Anyway.......Dr Monaghan tweeted: “Sad to see the proud Jewish race, so ashamedly persecuted by the Nazis, now persecuting the people of #Gaza. Are memories so short?”

Now, I believe he should maybe have worded it a bit better, but I can see where he is coming from, and agree with what he is trying to say. The people of Gaza are being treated atrociously by Israel.

Just for the record though, I do not 100% support any political party, and don't believe anyone should. There are many things I disagree with regarding SNP policies, just as I do with other political parties, (some more than others) but I do want Independence for Scotland, and believe we can make it on our own, without Westminster. Notice, I say Westminster, not the English people!

So what should I call myself Rob? A Moonitologist? Well I suppose that is better than a Numpty and there sure seems to be a lot of them aboot here!

BetterTogether
05-Sep-15, 09:25
I'm wondering if you deliberately choose to ignore all his other repeated transgressions of what might normally be considered decent behaviour.

He seems to make a habit of not wording things very well.

Guess you get what you pay for 2nd rate party with 2nd rate politicians.

rob murray
05-Sep-15, 11:43
Really.......that's the best you can come up with? You been oan the bevvie or something?

Anyway.......Dr Monaghan tweeted: “Sad to see the proud Jewish race, so ashamedly persecuted by the Nazis, now persecuting the people of #Gaza. Are memories so short?”

Now, I believe he should maybe have worded it a bit better, but I can see where he is coming from, and agree with what he is trying to say. The people of Gaza are being treated atrociously by Israel.

Just for the record though, I do not 100% support any political party, and don't believe anyone should. There are many things I disagree with regarding SNP policies, just as I do with other political parties, (some more than others) but I do want Independence for Scotland, and believe we can make it on our own, without Westminster. Notice, I say Westminster, not the English people!

So what should I call myself Rob? A Moonitologist? Well I suppose that is better than a Numpty and there sure seems to be a lot of them aboot here!

Call yourself what you wish, point is the MP's past tweets are revealing a very nasty side to his character and thats a fact not an anti monaghan agenda he has brought it all on himself, its not only his tweet on Israel there's loads more he tweeted which you would not have expected from an aspiring MP, if you want scottish independence then there is only one party persuing this and thats the SNP so your an SNP voter who is now getting a bit wise to their non delivery ? How can we make it on our own when Sturgeon and Swinney have both tacitly dropped mention of indy 2.....they know we cant go out own way not until the economy can sustain an independent Scotland capable of delivering "their promises" The predominant zealous unquestioning belief shown by SNP supporters and the way the party is centrally controlled with all meaningful debate stifled is whether you like it or not akin to a cult ie moonies.

Oh...just read your by line / mark twain quote....... does this apply to an MP stupid enough to make offensive tweets ????

rob murray
05-Sep-15, 12:00
I'm wondering if you deliberately choose to ignore all his other repeated transgressions of what might normally be considered decent behaviour.

Obviously the poster does ignore monaghans damaging tweets, damage limitation or blind faith ? He words his tweets perfectly well its whats he tweeted thats comming back to haunt him. Why use twitter anyway......

davth
05-Sep-15, 21:18
We have seen social media unbecoming of a MP several times from this guy now.We have Also seen a petition with somewhere in the region of a thousand signatures calling for his removal.How long can the SNP ignore his behaviour or the wishes of his constituents.Monaghan must go.

sids
05-Sep-15, 21:40
How long can the SNP ignore his behaviour or the wishes of his constituents.Monaghan must go.

The constituents voted him in. Apart from that, we don't know their wishes.

rob murray
05-Sep-15, 21:48
We aren't really taking beer or whisky Rob, tents, sleeping bags, warm clothes, trainers or boots, jackets, but no booze thanks :)
?????

And neither have I........Ok but your silence on yer pal the good doctor condemns you Squidge...silence.....condoning the good Doctors vile abuse eh !! Thought you were made of better stuff or 1 you dont have the guts to publicaly condemn him 2 Your toeing the party line of non public condemnation for your individual advancement 3 You actually agree with his vile rants....so whats the score morning glory eh where do you stand ?????

davth
05-Sep-15, 22:13
The constituents voted him in. Apart from that, we don't know their wishes.Despite the signatories on the petition for his removal.

sids
05-Sep-15, 23:09
Despite the signatories on the petition for his removal.

Are there more Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross signatories than he had votes?

Not that it matters: if it's not an election, he's not leaving. That's democracy in action.

Shabbychic
06-Sep-15, 01:38
if you want scottish independence then there is only one party persuing this and thats the SNP so your an SNP voter who is now getting a bit wise to their non delivery ? How can we make it on our own when Sturgeon and Swinney have both tacitly dropped mention of indy 2.....they know we cant go out own way not until the economy can sustain an independent Scotland capable of delivering "their promises" The predominant zealous unquestioning belief shown by SNP supporters and the way the party is centrally controlled with all meaningful debate stifled is whether you like it or not akin to a cult ie moonies.

Oh...just read your by line / mark twain quote....... does this apply to an MP stupid enough to make offensive tweets ????

I'm afraid you are so wrong in your assumption that the SNP are the only party pursuing Independence. I would have thought you would have been up on this fact, since you are so knowledgeable in Scottish politics. I can confirm however that I am indeed an SNP voter at the present time, and proud of it. You are also wrong in thinking I believe they have not delivered. On the contrary, I believe they have performed well given the restraints placed on them by Westminster. Do you honestly believe we would be in a better place right now if Scottish Labour, Tories or Lib Dems were in power in Holyrood? Think about that and be honest.

I stated I do not 100% agree with all SNP policies, I did not say they had failed in carrying them out.

Don't doubt for a moment though that Indy2 is coming. It will when the time is right, and hopefully it will be done honestly this time!

Regarding predominant zealous, unquestioning belief, shown by SNP supporters....where do you get this from? It is certainly not the case in any debates I have been involved in with SNP supporters. Quite the contrary in fact.

And what exactly is this "centrally controlled" nonsense? The SNP is not a heating system, nor do they stifle meaningful debate. In fact they probably have more interaction with the public than any other party. I have personally filled in several questionnaires regarding my views on future debates and policies. Wonder when David Cameron or IDS ever did that?

Moonies and cults again? I'm not even going to lower myself with a response.

Regarding Mark Twain's little aphorism, it is open to anyone, including MPs, and.....

I have not deliberately chosen to ignore anything. This thread is about his Jewish tweet, and that is what I responded to. Perhaps he does make a habit of not wording things very well, but I can't comment at this time on other things I have not read or looked into.

2nd hand Rose signing out ;)

BetterTogether
06-Sep-15, 11:12
So we now have the Times publishing an item on Dr Paul Monaghan and Andrew Neil fishing for more details on his behaviour. Seems as though this issue isn't vanishing and much as those who voted for this man may bury their head in the sand and try to ignore it, excuse it or agree with him the reality of his behaviour is no well and truly having the glare of National Media brought to bear on this area. Caithness is making the National Press frequently lately not as a place that's good to live but as a place that is stuck somewhere a 1970s time warp of bigoted behaviour.

davth
06-Sep-15, 11:20
Don't doubt for a moment though that Indy2 is coming. It will when the time is right, and hopefully it will be done honestly this time!Really!! I can't see the SNP answering a straight question about currency or how we pay for the new state, exactly as before.I also cannot see Westminster granting a referendum any time soon

sids
06-Sep-15, 11:23
much as those who voted for this man may bury their head in the sand and try to ignore it, excuse it or agree with him

It's not his voters' fault. They knew nothing about him and would have voted for a bag of tatties with an SNP rosette.

BetterTogether
06-Sep-15, 11:25
I'm wondering how many food banks and how many people being refused life saving drugs by Scottish NHS the £15.8 million wasted on the referendum by the SNP would of paid for. Shabbychic is correct the SNP weren't the only party seeking independence but they were the main protagonists without whom most of the other parties wouldn't of bothered.

BetterTogether
23-Sep-15, 09:34
Poor man can't help himself now he has posted about Home Insurance clearly not understanding the concept of shared risk and managed to get himself back in the national press quite simple because he doesn't understand the industry he has attacked.

His latest piece of nonsense tweet below.

.@_PaulMonaghan: 1 in 6 homes in England are at risk of flooding. In Scotland it's only 1 in 22 but all households will soon pay insurance levy! Fair? #SNP

rob murray
23-Sep-15, 11:24
Poor man can't help himself now he has posted about Home Insurance clearly not understanding the concept of shared risk and managed to get himself back in the national press quite simple because he doesn't understand the industry he has attacked.

His latest piece of nonsense tweet below.

.@_PaulMonaghan: 1 in 6 homes in England are at risk of flooding. In Scotland it's only 1 in 22 but all households will soon pay insurance levy! Fair? #SNP

He made the national press ( again ) ok it was the Daily Mail but he is in the print edition.......once the press get their hooks in you they dont let go, he is being constantly refered to as a nationalist internet troll : maybe he needs a research assistant ie to check out the validity of his "thoughts" before he fires them out on social media, once out there the world see's them, so if he is posting on bona fide issues he needs a research input. There nowt his communications manager can do if he fires stuff out without checking there accuracy. Basically its not a social medai / communications manager he needs but a good research assistant who can hold him in check....thats if he is actually bothered on how the world see's him

cptdodger
23-Sep-15, 12:26
The problem being is, the Yes voters are so blinkered, all they actually care about is getting the 2nd Referendum and ultimately Independence. The only political party that shares their views and they think can secure Independence for them is the SNP. Which means, Paul Monaghan has a free reign, he can do or say whatever he wants it does not matter one jot, because he is SNP, they will vote for him regardless.

rob murray
23-Sep-15, 12:29
The problem being is, the Yes voters are so blinkered, all they actually care about is getting the 2nd Referendum and ultimately Independence. The only political party that shares their views and they think can secure Independence for them is the SNP. Which means, Paul Monaghan has a free reign, he can do or say whatever he wants it does not matter one jot, because he is SNP, they will vote for him regardless.

AYe but Im sure sturgeon will be having a quite word in his ear..making the party look stupid !!

cptdodger
23-Sep-15, 12:55
Maybe so, but all the time it's a quiet word in his ear, she is being seen to condone his actions and the statements he is coming out with.

BetterTogether
28-Sep-15, 01:24
Seems Paul Monaghan thinks he has the authority to speak for the whole of Scotland and meddle in European Politics in an unofficial referendum.

He just doesn't know when to stop digging.

@_PaulMonaghan: Bona sort Catalunya . Esc̣cia està amb tu. Good luck Catalonia. Scotland is with you. #SNP #Catalunya #EU #Politics http://t.co/19ZsWpKvCj