PDA

View Full Version : Utterly shocked by the treatment of this SNP member by his own party members

BetterTogether
31-Aug-15, 19:16
Well I can honestly say I've never read of this type of behaviour anywhere else in UK politics before the way this poor man and his family have been treated is below contempt and shows what can happen if you step out of line once you are an SNP member.

https://anindependentscotsman.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling

davth
31-Aug-15, 22:06
Best of luck to him now thenDisgusting behaviour from the SNP thugs

cptdodger
31-Aug-15, 22:19
That's just awful for the poor man and his family. I wish it surprised me, but after the groups that materialised on Facebook after the Referendum, it really does'nt. The people in these groups were seriously warped, but to turn on one of your own, that's a new low for the SNP.

BetterTogether
31-Aug-15, 22:55
This is also worth a read taking the first post into account, doesn't sound like a party I'd wish to be associated with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31361218

cptdodger
31-Aug-15, 23:08
Neither do I, but then I never have either. Clearly this is not a one off incident.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 09:08
Neither do I, but then I never have either. Clearly this is not a one off incident.

A direct quote from one of the councillors who have resigned....people have "been alarmed by the climate of fear, intimidation and false allegations which operates within the SNP locally"......says it all !! Power corrupts and "complete" power corrupts absolutely.

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 09:51
A direct quote from one of the councillors who have resigned....people have "been alarmed by the climate of fear, intimidation and false allegations which operates within the SNP locally"......says it all !! Power corrupts and "complete" power corrupts absolutely.

Exactly, toe the party line or we will do our best to burn your house down while you and your family sleep (https://anindependentscotsman.wordpr.../?ref=spelling (https://anindependentscotsman.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling)). Surely anybody with a modicum of intelligence would want to distance themselves from the SNP.

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 09:55
This lot have got fed up with the SNP - http://www.rise.scot/

BetterTogether
01-Sep-15, 10:35
Seems the SNP is beginning to rip itself a part.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 10:57
This lot have got fed up with the SNP - http://www.rise.scot/

I would avoid RISE like the plaque

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 11:03
I would avoid RISE like the plaque

I had'nt hear of them until last week, they must have been on the news or something. From what I can gather they are pushing for a second Referendum as soon as possible, and I think they are going to pitch themselves against the SNP, maybe at the next election. I'm not sure because I just switch off when people go on and on about losing the last Referendum, but it was something along those lines anyway.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 11:16
I had'nt hear of them until last week, they must have been on the news or something. From what I can gather they are pushing for a second Referendum as soon as possible, and I think they are going to pitch themselves against the SNP, maybe at the next election. I'm not sure because I just switch off when people go on and on about losing the last Referendum, but it was something along those lines anyway.

Its basically the old SSP gang...independance / abolish the monarch should give them all away...also real dodgy characters involved, best stay away and stick mainstream

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 11:25
Its basically the old SSP gang...independance / abolish the monarch should give them all away...also real dodgy characters involved, best stay away and stick mainstream

I would'nt touch this lot with a barge pole, or any political party that would ruin this country to suit its own ends. I had never thought about it, but I suppose anybody can just start a political party on a whim.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 11:31
I would'nt touch this lot with a barge pole, or any political party that would ruin this country to suit its own ends. I had never thought about it, but I suppose anybody can just start a political party on a whim.

Yep...any party that shouts about referendums and independance / a "free" scotland....have pretty clear agendas, they can shout all they want, the mainstream SNP wont be having any ....cos...of....the ...economy : once that message penetrates, expect to see more hard line groups splintering off from the mainstream....thats when things will get scary or do the mainstream SNP seriously expect their hard core zealots to meekly accept that theres not gonna be indy 2 ?

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 11:42
Yep...any party that shouts about referendums and independance / a "free" scotland....have pretty clear agendas, they can shout all they want, the mainstream SNP wont be having any ....cos...of....the ...economy : once that message penetrates, expect to see more hard line groups splintering off from the mainstream....thats when things will get scary or do the mainstream SNP seriously expect their hard core zealots to meekly accept that theres not gonna be indy 2 ?

That's the problem is'nt it? All we heard from Alex Salmond for years was how Scotland was going to be an independent country, the minute he knew it was'nt he just disappeared, although unfortunately he's back now to some extent. But you're right, did they (Sturgeon and Salmond) just expect the people they had drummed this into just to disappear as well ? The SNP have made a rod for their own back, If they step away from their own agenda (Independence) will they be seen as weak? If indeed that's how the hardliners perceive the SNP, then they are finished.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 11:48
That's the problem is'nt it? All we heard from Alex Salmond for years was how Scotland was going to be an independent country, the minute he knew it was'nt he just disappeared, although unfortunately he's back now to some extent. But you're right, did they (Sturgeon and Salmond) just expect the people they had drummed this into just to disappear as well ? The SNP have made a rod for their own back, If they step away from their own agenda (Independence) will they be seen as weak? If indeed that's how the hardliners perceive the SNP, then they are finished.

A Corbyn labour leadership with a real left agenda will futher expose the SNP's supposed anti austerity sham as well...I will take my hat of to Salmond though as he almost single handed built the SNP into a real mainstream and dominant party, pity so many factual distortions were used though, now the only way is down for the SNP although it will take another parliament to make any inroads into their majority they cannot sustain the majority, other parties will take seats and people will desert them once the indy referendum 2 is dropped

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 11:56
There is certainly no denying he built the SNP into the party it is today, unfortunately though in the process he has divided the country as well. The damage that Referendum cased is immeasurable.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 12:06
There is certainly no denying he built the SNP into the party it is today, unfortunately though in the process he has divided the country as well. The damage that Referendum cased is immeasurable.

Division was always going to be the case in a striaght in / out vote, seperatism would never get a majority so he played it wrong, as was shown in the recent referendum, Salmond gave his all as did the SNP, but it wasnt enough..anyway Salmond always had a marmite element to him....STurgeons completely different, this afternoon listen carefully to her speech on government intententions as she is planning for at least 2 full terms in power, given all recent polls and their current majority. Put it this way the SNP are so entrenched in power thats sturgeon can publically admit that the SNP is culpable over educational attainment gaps, certain that the admission wont come anywhere near harming the SNP....thats power !

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 12:16
Division was always going to be the case in a striaght in / out vote, seperatism would never get a majority so he played it wrong, as was shown in the recent referendum, Salmond gave his all as did the SNP, but it wasnt enough..anyway Salmond always had a marmite element to him....STurgeons completely different, this afternoon listen carefully to her speech on government intententions as she is planning for at least 2 full terms in power, given all recent polls and their current majority. Put it this way the SNP are so entrenched in power thats sturgeon can publically admit that the SNP is culpable over educational attainment gaps, certain that the admission wont come anywhere near harming the SNP....thats power !

If a term is five years, and she plans to stay there for two, then thankfully I will be going when Rolls Royce pulls out of Vulcan, to be fair I might have to move before that, I am so fed up with the constant travel to Raigmore for the simplest of things. The NHS might be in a bad state countrywide, but I would rather it was in a bad way and on my doorstep, not a 220 mile round trip.

rob murray
01-Sep-15, 12:19
If a term is five years, and she plans to stay there for two, then thankfully I will be going when Rolls Royce pulls out of Vulcan, to be fair I might have to move before that, I am so fed up with the constant travel to Raigmore for the simplest of things. The NHS might be in a bad state countrywide, but I would rather it was in a bad way and on my doorstep, not a 220 mile round trip.

Well she expects to maintain majority for at least 2 terms so is planning for 2 terms, sorry to hear your still having hassles with NHS

cptdodger
01-Sep-15, 12:28
Well she expects to maintain majority for at least 2 terms so is planning for 2 terms, sorry to hear your still having hassles with NHS

It's just one of those things you have to accept if you live here, having said that it was'nt this bad when I moved here or I would'nt have done.