PDA

View Full Version : Us in Iraq

Tristan
16-Apr-07, 21:59
For those who want to debate this topic.

celtic 302
16-Apr-07, 22:03
well someone needs to start u off, so here goes. ive done this topic before, im sure u can tell.

1. ok, no WMD, but still, got rid off sadam hussain an evil dictator

1cont. beacuse theres no SH, then theres nobody to make WMD is there.

2. in the end we will get democracy to iraq which is a good thing..... isnt it

Rheghead
16-Apr-07, 22:12

You are completely wasting your time.

Threads like this just end up being a feeding ground for our purveyors of skewed history and conspiracy theorists. Nothing gets debated on the facts and what needs to be said has already been said.

There is no debate because it is impossible to get the ignoramusii to accept facts.

JAWS
16-Apr-07, 23:03
What topic? Can we try a different record please, this one's been played and played and played until it is worn out. :rolleyes:

Tristan
16-Apr-07, 23:15
What topic? Can we try a different record please, this one's been played and played and played until it is worn out. :rolleyes:

Tried that in my other thread but you brought it back to US conspiracy theories...sigh

golach
16-Apr-07, 23:29

I am of the same thinking as you, getting bored now:cool:

MadPict
16-Apr-07, 23:51
What about us in Iraq?........

Jeemag_USA
17-Apr-07, 00:06
I am wondering about the motive behind starting a thread bashing the states over world war two that is still running on then you start a thread about the USA in Iraq and offer no philosophy of your own. Maybe its you just like to see people having a good old fight about stuff. Like others above me, its getting tiresome and it all been talked about already. Is there any other subject you like to talk about other than holding the USA accountable for everything? British war crimes in the Empire maybe, looting sacking, killing in thirld world countries to fill the coffers of Lords and Ladies and blue blooded individuals. There is no such thing as a completely innocent country in this world and the UK would certainly be far away from the bottom of the world guilt rankings.

Personally if I started a thread with no opinion of my own I wouldn't expect people to entertain it.

MadPict
17-Apr-07, 00:13
Maybe it's the new form of bear baiting?

Tristan
17-Apr-07, 00:24
I am wondering about the motive behind starting a thread bashing the states over world war two that is still running on then you start a thread about the USA in Iraq and offer no philosophy of your own. Maybe its you just like to see people having a good old fight about stuff. Like others above me, its getting tiresome and it all been talked about already. Is there any other subject you like to talk about other than holding the USA accountable for everything? British war crimes in the Empire maybe, looting sacking, killing in thirld world countries to fill the coffers of Lords and Ladies and blue blooded individuals. There is no such thing as a completely innocent country in this world and the UK would certainly be far away from the bottom of the world guilt rankings.

Personally if I started a thread with no opinion of my own I wouldn't expect people to entertain it.

Not at all. I guess when you write things it is clear so you assume others will make the link you intended
I started a thread about the British debt after the war to talk about it.
Certain people assumed I was starting a US bashing thread - not the case.
I thought I would give those who want to discuss the US / Iraq case a go a thread to do so rather than bring it up in the Britain in debt threat.

I guess it is up to those who want to turn every thread into a lets wave the US flag vs the US is not the greatest thing since sliced bread debate to open a thread with that title and see if anyone else wants to talk about that.
Maybe I'm wrong but I would think it is possible to talk about things, like the British mortgage to the Yanks, without certain people turning that into a US bashing. I was simply giving them a forum to vent.
Perhaps you or I should start the thread "wave the US flag vs the US is not the greatest thing since sliced bread" for them.

Or are you saying historical threads, based on a topical television show, that involved the British ambassador to the US have no place here?

I started my thread after watching the show. I have raised questions about what went on. Some people have engaged in the topic - fantastic. Others have tried to force their own agenda - Boo. Others have raised other topical interests about the Canadians in WWI - interesting. I started this thread to get those who want to hijack threads out: pure and simple.

fred
17-Apr-07, 01:02

Most of the debate in the American media at the moment is about whos fault it was which leads me to believe that they are coming out of denial and admitting what a total disaster it has been.

It's turned into another Vietnam except G.W. had a stratergy for getting out of Vietnam.

JAWS
17-Apr-07, 01:14
Seems I'm not the only one, despite what some people would have everybody believe, who sees certain recent threads as simply being started for no better reason than to provide an excuse for America Bashing! :roll:

Tristan
17-Apr-07, 06:34
Seems I'm not the only one, despite what some people would have everybody believe, who sees certain recent threads as simply being started for no better reason than to provide an excuse for America Bashing! :roll:

- Just because someone says America is not perfect does not make it America Bashing.
- Just because an attempt to discuss a show about the British war debt does not turn it some parnaoid conspiracy theory.
I used the title I did because is seemed to be the way American flag wavers were trying to take the other thread. When posters have taken their chip off their shoulders and posted sensibly in the Mortgaged to the Yanks thread, without dragging out that old troll of consperiecies etc, there have been some interesting and informative posts.
In retrospect a more appropriate title for this thread may have been America love it or leave.

JAWS
17-Apr-07, 16:06
- Just because someone says America is not perfect does not make it America Bashing.
- Just because an attempt to discuss a show about the British war debt does not turn it some parnaoid conspiracy theory.
I used the title I did because is seemed to be the way American flag wavers were trying to take the other thread. When posters have taken their chip off their shoulders and posted sensibly in the Mortgaged to the Yanks thread, without dragging out that old troll of consperiecies etc, there have been some interesting and informative posts.
In retrospect a more appropriate title for this thread may have been America love it or leave.Oh dear, Tristan, "old troll of conspiracies, "chip on shoulders", "paranoid conspiracy theories"?

I really don't think I need to comment on just who that description would fit.

quirbal
17-Apr-07, 16:08
If it were up to me I would just start a good old-fashioned WWII thread!!!!;)