PDA

View Full Version : Wick Academy

rob murray
16-Apr-07, 13:41
WAFC go into this saturdays home match against Brora Rangers, on the back of 3 straight wins. With 3 matches left ( Brora, Fort William and Fraserburgh ) the club are looking at securing a maximum points total of 37, which when/if achieved will merit them a mid table final position. This would be the best performance since the mid 90's and achieved with, largely a home grown young side whose footballing skills have gained them admiration throughout the Highland League.

Highlights so far this season, include dumping Inverurie Loco's out of the Scottish Cup, dumping Clach out of the Umax cup, comming back from being 2 down at home to Forres Mechanics and winning 3-2, Garry Mansons hat trick in the 6-1 demolition of Rothes ( themselves achieving their highest league position in years ) I could go on.

Regular supporters know that this is not a one of season ( unlike the mid 90's side which was domintaed by aging ex pros ) and feel that the club can push on next season and consilidate a regular upper league position.

As Brora Rangers themselves are having a good season and playing well, Saturdays game should be a cracker.

So, give Tesco's / Lidl etc a miss on saturday and come and see the boys in black and white...they deserve a big support !!

Kimberley_Masson
16-Apr-07, 17:10
As a Cattach kitten, but under the wing of very lovely Scorries...I find each derby mighty dividing. Hope it's a spectacular game. But really my heart's with....Brora. C'mon the Cattachs ;)

AllanT
17-Apr-07, 22:39
In tonight's Under 19's game at the Harmsworth, Wick Academy drew 1 - 1 with Brora.

A nice warm up for the big match on Saturday.