PDA

View Full Version : Re. Political

piratelassie
16-Aug-15, 16:01
With the amount and nature of most of the recent comments on this thread, well, me thinks they do'th protest too much. Project fear won't work twice.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 11:04
What are you on about....project fear......whats that supposed to mean ???

Fulmar
17-Aug-15, 11:48
If it is 'Project Fear' that is at work in the race for the Labour leadership, it certainly does not seem to be working!

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 12:20
WHat is project fear ???? WHat nonsense is this ??? If its to do with the referendum then its project win surely.......

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 12:25
It was us (the No voters) that were accused of being scared into voting no. He or she cannot have it both ways, but then I have no idea what "project fear" is either.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 12:42
Googled project fear and came up with laughable nonsense http://www.indyposterboy.info/better-together-scaremongering.asp apprently the defeated yessers need a scape goat so we no voters were scared into voting no DESPITE the yes posters proclaiming

1 On no...the oil will run out in 50 years and its worth £1.5 trillion ( oh yeah...at just over $62 dollars a barrel )...... so its just as well weve got :
2 Renewables....where ???
3 Whiskey.....flat lining as new economies dry up and try other spirits ( so claims dieagao )
4 Financial services...who will all move if we ever went indy
5 Construction...flat lining again
6 CReative industries.....ok some gaming thats it
The rest mentioned is piffle

When will these idiots get it into their thick heads that currency uncertainity, uncertainty over EU and a preferance to remain British all stopped a lemming rush and resulted in a no majority... crawl back into yer caves cave people, we fear nothing

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 12:43
It was us (the No voters) that were accused of being scared into voting no. He or she cannot have it both ways, but then I have no idea what "project fear" is either.

lol lol lol .....we won didnt we ?? or are we all dreaming ?? it didna happen in the yes parallel universe....but oh it did and how sweet it was lol lol lol

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 13:12
With the amount and nature of most of the recent comments on this thread, well, me thinks they do'th protest too much. Project fear won't work twice.

.................................................. .......................................

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 13:18
lol lol lol .....we won didnt we ?? or are we all dreaming ?? it didna happen in the yes parallel universe....but oh it did and how sweet it was lol lol lol

Eight minutes past 6 (am). That was the minute we won, I know this because I sat up all night watching the results. And that was without our vote (Caithness and maybe Sutherland, I do'nt know about that) being counted, it was held up by an accident on the Berriedale Braes.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 13:25
Eight minutes past 6 (am). That was the minute we won, I know this because I sat up all night watching the results. And that was without our vote (Caithness and maybe Sutherland, I do'nt know about that) being counted, it was held up by an accident on the Berriedale Braes.

We must have won then...I thought for one minute that I dreamt it lol lol lol : 6.08 when the 45ers were created eh !!

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 13:32
We must have won then...I thought for one minute that I dreamt it lol lol lol : 6.08 when the 45ers were created eh !!

I thought I had been transported back in time when I went to Inverness the following Saturday, there was a rally for Yes voters, I just could not work it out, to say the least they were a bit late !! My other half was getting me into trouble for laughing at them, what a waste of time !

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 13:39
I thought I had been transported back in time when I went to Inverness the following Saturday, there was a rally for Yes voters, I just could not work it out, to say the least they were a bit late !! My other half was getting me into trouble for laughing at them, what a waste of time !

Well I suppose to the defeated the fight goes on and on and on and on and on........yawn yawn yawn

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 13:47
Well I suppose to the defeated the fight goes on and on and on and on and on........yawn yawn yawn

All I can say is, thank goodness common sense prevailed in the end !

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 14:03

And it will if this ever raises its head again, common sense, not believing the lies will out again...how can the SNP face people after getting the oil situation so badly wrong, ok they cant control prices but that was always the point...price volatility

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 14:12

Interseting to see the reception Jermey Corbyn got in Scotland http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/15/jeremy-corbyn-campaign-scotland-corbynmania packed over spill halls...hope he gets in as labour leader.... then he can reclaim labours clothes borrowed by the SNP

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 14:17
In my opinion, and it's only my opinion, but to me the only connection the referendum had to politics was the SNP were pushing for it. I have said this before, and I stand by it, for me it was a question of my nationality that was being threatened. They did not think any of it through, what is it they say, prices can go up as well as down, clearly that affects oil prices as much as anything else.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 14:34
In my opinion, and it's only my opinion, but to me the only connection the referendum had to politics was the SNP were pushing for it. I have said this before, and I stand by it, for me it was a question of my nationality that was being threatened. They did not think any of it through, what is it they say, prices can go up as well as down, clearly that affects oil prices as much as anything else.

They couldnt a flying fig for your or anyones nationality

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 14:39
Interseting to see the reception Jermey Corbyn got in Scotland http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/15/jeremy-corbyn-campaign-scotland-corbynmania packed over spill halls...hope he gets in as labour leader.... then he can reclaim labours clothes borrowed by the SNP

Why is everybody against Jeremy Corbyn ? I quite like Andy Burnham, I would think he has the whole of Liverpool behind him to be honest.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 15:04
Why is everybody against Jeremy Corbyn ? I quite like Andy Burnham, I would think he has the whole of Liverpool behind him to be honest.

THe people against Corbyn are those in the labour party that believe that Corbyns ideas and stances which are unashamedly to the farish left will stop Labour getting power again, ie forever being a party of protest......try telling that to the hundreds of thousands who have joined Labour then, try getting into a Corbyn public meeting....its always standing room only / over spill....whatevers going on he has caught the minds of young people, people from all backgrounds etc...in England its an unstoppable roller coaster and last week he went down a storm in Scotland. Funny....a so called old fashioned message comming from a 66 year old man with little charisma...its not as if he has a professional party machine behind him or loads of dosh or is a swaggering tub thumber...just a plain 66 year old who is tellin it as it is...and boy are people listening. Corbyn is big trouble....to the trendy lefties / new labour careerists...people are sick of these types and want a different labour. He is so far ahead in the polls that Burnham hasnt a chance..mind you if he falls in line with Corbyns core ideas the ones people find attractive, then he is young enough to be the next leader of labour

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 15:36
As for being a Labour Leader, I have no idea if Andy Burnham would be any good or not, but he gained my respect with what he did for the Hillsborough families and survivors. it's probably not the best thing to decide a Leadership Contest on, but at least I have heard of him !

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 15:41
As for being a Labour Leader, I have no idea if Andy Burnham would be any good or not, but he gained my respect with what he did for the Hillsborough families and survivors. it's probably not the best thing to decide a Leadership Contest on, but at least I have heard of him !

He s a good guy, certainly my preferance before Corbyn just exploded on the scene.

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 15:46
I just wonder if Labour would be in the state it is now, had David Miliband won the last Leadership contest !

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 15:54
I just wonder if Labour would be in the state it is now, had David Miliband won the last Leadership contest !

Wrong Milliband won...but the game is changing now see this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/roy-dixon-hillsborough-meet-man-6998085 ANdy Burnham being heckled and booed at Anfield, next day he went to Gordon Brown to get a motion in parliament in accelerating / re opening aspects of hillsborough enquiry.....so 10/10 to both of them for this......why should the familes of the 96 have been treated so callously and badly..this will be forever a massive stain on British justice

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 16:09
Wrong Milliband won...but the game is changing now see this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/roy-dixon-hillsborough-meet-man-6998085 ANdy Burnham being heckled and booed at Anfield, next day he went to Gordon Brown to get a motion in parliament in accelerating / re opening aspects of hillsborough enquiry.....so 10/10 to both of them for this......why should the familes of the 96 have been treated so callously and badly..this will be forever a massive stain on British justice

I watched that Memorial Service and remember that. You could actually see the dawn of realisation on Andy Burnhams face when that happened, and then as you say, he went to Gordon Brown. I have always supported the Police, I know how difficult their job is, but the actions of Police Officers that day and the following days, was just disgusting. I never for one minute believed that people had been stealing from the dead and injured, it shocks me to think somebody could make that up. Those poor, poor families, I hope one day they find peace.

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 16:25
I watched that Memorial Service and remember that. You could actually see the dawn of realisation on Andy Burnhams face when that happened, and then as you say, he went to Gordon Brown. I have always supported the Police, I know how difficult their job is, but the actions of Police Officers that day and the following days, was just disgusting. I never for one minute believed that people had been stealing from the dead and injured, it shocks me to think somebody could make that up. Those poor, poor families, I hope one day they find peace.

.................................................. ..........

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 16:34
The match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster has admitted he lied about fans forcing an exit gate open to enter the ground.
Relatives of the 96 fans who died gasped as David Duckenfield told the new inquests: "I apologise unreservedly to the families."
He said: "Everybody knew the truth, the fans and police knew the truth that we'd opened the gates."
Mr Duckenfield, 70, said he would regret the lie "to his dying day".
He was in charge of policing at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium on 15 April 1989 when a fatal crush developed in terraced pens allocated to Liverpool fans.

cptdodger
17-Aug-15, 18:44
Yep lies, damned lies, a senior police cover up....goes along with Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4....in terms of sheer lies

If you have'nt, you should watch the film "In The Name Of The Father" it was about the Guildford Four, the Police basically rounded up the nearest four Irish people and banged them up, and that was quite frightening they could get away with that. Even after the person responsible admitted it was him that did it, I think it took them years to get released. This from Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_Four_and_Maguire_Seven

squidge
17-Aug-15, 19:51
I know the suns shining today Rob but have you been on the Pimms lol?

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 20:27
I know the suns shining today Rob but have you been on the Pimms lol?

ANd your point is.....surelt not mocking poloice corruption???? Nope you no full well fine that Corbyn will expose the mock anti austerity and false left orientation of your darling SNP.s

rob murray
17-Aug-15, 20:28
If you have'nt, you should watch the film "In The Name Of The Father" it was about the Guildford Four, the Police basically rounded up the nearest four Irish people and banged them up, and that was quite frightening they could get away with that. Even after the person responsible admitted it was him that did it, I think it took them years to get released. This from Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_Four_and_Maguire_Seven

I have a brilliant film.......

squidge
17-Aug-15, 21:37
ANd your point is.....surelt not mocking poloice corruption???? Nope you no full well fine that Corbyn will expose the mock anti austerity and false left orientation of your darling SNP.sOk... No Pimms then? Just Gin sours! I should have guessed:(

cptdodger
18-Aug-15, 08:51
Ok... No Pimms then? Just Gin sours! I should have guessed:(

Is there actually any need for that ?

rob murray
18-Aug-15, 09:06
Is there actually any need for that ?

NO theres not, and thats mild from Squidge....... sour indeed, Corbyn is genuinely left not pretendy left like the SNP are pretending to be oh and he wanst to get rid of trident, support people, against austerity measures....sounds very familiar eh, Labour were trumpetng that message over 30 years ago when the SNP were nowhere .It seems like theres one rule for Squidge and one for the rest of us as Ive just recieved an infraction notice from the moderator what for..."trolling". So....typical Squidge scorrie she is trolling....she flies in, makes a lot of noise, dumps on people and flies off just like a seagull/scorrie.

cptdodger
18-Aug-15, 09:38
NO theres not, and thats mild from Squidge....... sour indeed, Corbyn is genuinely left not pretendy left like the SNP are pretending to be oh and he wanst to get rid of trident, support people, against austerity measures....sounds very familiar eh, Labour were trumpetng that message over 30 years ago when the SNP were nowhere .It seems like theres one rule for Squidge and one for the rest of us as Ive just recieved an infraction notice from the moderator what for..."trolling". So....typical Squidge scorrie she is trolling....she flies in, makes a lot of noise, dumps on people and flies off just like a seagull/scorrie.

Trolling? All we have talked about on here is politics, on the Politics thread, they moved us. Right enough maybe Hillsborough has nothing to do with politics apart from the fact Andy Burnham just happens to be in the Leadership contest, and because of him they are getting the justice they deserve. But how is that trolling?

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

I cannot help if my views are not the same as an SNP voter or Yes voter, but I am not going out my way to upset anybody, these are just my views. There are a couple of people on here that can be accused of that though.

rob murray
18-Aug-15, 10:18
Trolling? All we have talked about on here is politics, on the Politics thread, they moved us. Right enough maybe Hillsborough has nothing to do with politics apart from the fact Andy Burnham just happens to be in the Leadership contest, and because of him they are getting the justice they deserve. But how is that trolling?

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

I cannot help if my views are not the same as an SNP voter or Yes voter, but I am not going out my way to upset anybody, these are just my views. There are a couple of people on here that can be accused of that though.

Thanks, I started a new thread "WHo won the referendum"...thats a fact not a provocation......as some people on here refuse to accept that the no campaign actually won by 10%, and I never got any angry responses got none in fact, thats now been deleted...air brushing facts eh ??? Also I notice that pro indy posters can get away with making obnoxious postings..." if you dont like living here clear off" being one....yet nothing is done to stop this. Facts are that these people refuse to believe reality and cannot or refuse to answer the big questions which still remain in place being currency, EU membership ( terms of and timing ), oil price, being the big three...plenty of snidy remarks but absolutley no answers apart from qouting wings over scotland propoganda.

cptdodger
18-Aug-15, 10:46
I saw that thread, but did'nt reply as I know the answer!! I know certain people get away with things on here, I have had it all, name calling, go back to where you came from and so on. I am just not from the acceptable part of Scotland, I'm an adamant No voter, and would never vote SNP even if my life depended on it. As such, I am seen as the enemy and in their eyes, a valid target. It is very possible I have met these people when I am out and about and they are as nice as anything, put them in front of a keyboard and it's a completely different story. How do I describe these people ? two faced.

rob murray
18-Aug-15, 10:51
I saw that thread, but did'nt reply as I know the answer!! I know certain people get away with things on here, I have had it all, name calling, go back to where you came from and so on. I am just not from the acceptable part of Scotland, I'm an adamant No voter, and would never vote SNP even if my life depended on it. As such, I am seen as the enemy and in their eyes, a valid target. It is very possible I have met these people when I am out and about and they are as nice as anything, put them in front of a keyboard and it's a completely different story. How do I describe these people ? two faced.

Yep...how do you describe reality deniers.....why not use the term Flat Earthers....as yonks ago people believed contrary to scientific evidence that the earth really was flat and thats what is going on here with some

THIS IS NOT A TROLL POST BUT A FACTUAL STATEMENT

cptdodger
18-Aug-15, 11:19
Personally I would have used deluded ! But you do have a point.

rob murray
18-Aug-15, 14:02
Ok... No Pimms then? Just Gin sours! I should have guessed:(

whatever sigh sigh.............................................. .......I find this offensive and the remark fits the definition of trolling.........Asteigh air an dala cluais 's amach air a' chluais eile

squidge
18-Aug-15, 16:45
Oh for goodness sake, I made a light hearted comment about sunshine and pimms and you replied sourly with another dig - hence the gin sours remark. Offensive? For heavens sake! SMILE - the pimms comment was meant to be funny! You guys have so utterly no sense of humour!!!!

rob murray
18-Aug-15, 16:56
Oh for goodness sake, I made a light hearted comment about sunshine and pimms and you replied sourly with another dig - hence the gin sours remark. Offensive? For heavens sake! SMILE - the pimms comment was meant to be funny! You guys have so utterly no sense of humour!!!!

It wasnt sour nor a dig re read the thread and my posts. Any way I have never drunk PImms nor Gin...plenty of the craiter though lol lol lol