PDA

View Full Version : New Kia cars

Fran
13-Aug-15, 00:13
Has anyone got a new Kia Sportage car . Would you recommend it, is it too high for older people to get in etc?.

Bloo
15-Aug-15, 16:57
Hi Fran. The new kia sportage's are very nice cars - unlike older Kias! It is a bit high so some older people may struggle to get in and out, just because of its sheer height from the ground with no running side bars to stand on. It also suffers from body roll too, which of a car to this size is to be somewhat expected. Its not exactly cheap to tax either, the 2.2 diesel is around £200 for the year.

davth
15-Aug-15, 20:43
Depreciation magnet

Kodiak
18-Aug-15, 15:41
Have a look at the Renault Scenic, a much better car and it is full of Tech, like Keyless entry, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Cruise Control, Electronic Handbrake, Sat Nav, Hill Start Assist, etc. etc.

captain chaos
18-Aug-15, 21:15
Kia Sorento is very easy to get in and out off for the more elderly or any one with arthritis,as is the ford kuga, bmw X1, Honda CR-V, Nissan Qaskai, the sportage is slightly to high for easy entry. As for depreciation, its no worse than a ford or vauxhall but better than any of the french makes!! and a 7 year warranty.

The company I work for has several of these on fleet and not one had any warranty work or brokedown, more than could be said for the fords on fleet.

theone
18-Aug-15, 23:34
Depreciation magnet

Nonsense.

The Kia Sportage is number 8 in terms of cars retaining resale values, preceded by a couple of porsche's, a range rover and an audi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/10071002/Top-20-cars-that-hold-their-value.html?frame=2569103

2little2late
19-Aug-15, 01:34
I have one that runs from an app downloaded to my phone. It's called an iKIA

Shaggy
19-Aug-15, 12:12
have you seen the Swedish built ones? IKia sportage......

davth
19-Aug-15, 20:38
Nonsense.

The Kia Sportage is number 8 in terms of cars retaining resale values, preceded by a couple of porsche's, a range rover and an audi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/10071002/Top-20-cars-that-hold-their-value.html?frame=2569103

I stand corrected, but your numbers do no add up.
That would make it 5th

theone
20-Aug-15, 18:31
I stand corrected, but your numbers do no add up.
That would make it 5th

I made it clear it was number 8. I only named 5 of the cars before it. There's no flaw in my numbers, only your interpretation.