PDA

View Full Version : flatscreen cleaning products - myth or reality?

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
04-Aug-15, 20:58
my trusty bottle of screen clener is about to run out. i remmber it being quit eexpensive. it says on the bottle that the chemicals will not corrode the screen coating. is this really true or just a money making scam? either way are there any cheapo alternativs that do the same job?

Alrock
04-Aug-15, 23:10
Try Isopropanol

Niall Fernie
04-Aug-15, 23:17
I looked this up as for some bizarre reason one of my monitors suffers from permanent mankiness and it seems that a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water sprayed on a microfibre cloth will remove most stubborn stains.

I really need some kind of monitoring system that tells me why one screen is brand new and the other has weird kind of drip marks on it.

The screen I use the most is basically fine, but one I hardly ever use, except when I'm coding is always the manky one.

Anyway the link I found that had most reasonable advice is: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Flat-Screen-TV

I'll try it out tomorrow on a small corner of the screen and see how I get on.

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
04-Aug-15, 23:23
eh yeah thanks nail I'll have a try at that. Alrock man I googles that stuff and its pretty much the same price s as the stuff I have. am gonna try the white vinegar and see how I get on. If i smudge up the start button i wont notice that much.

Niall Fernie
04-Aug-15, 23:26
I'll guess that the Isopropanol is much the same ingredient that's in screen cleaner anyway?

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
04-Aug-15, 23:33
expect more questions from me as I just bought an old laptop and I think i might have been ripped off but the os couls just me needen a reinstall - dont worry i have a disc :)

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
04-Aug-15, 23:35
holy crap nail that page aso goes into speasyin resin on your screen. i dont thiink im uopp to that just yet.