PDA

View Full Version : Grass Verges

RN1995
03-Aug-15, 08:57
Driving home last week and around the County since, it seems the grass verges along many of the roads are very overgrown!

Are the council not meant to keep these at a decent length?

On areas where it's been clear to overtake due to seeing the road ahead, you now can't because of the length of grass blocking the view of the road.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Aug-15, 09:01
one of the many cuts agreed to make savings funny though when I was in Inverness recently the verges there were nice and tidy ....

andyw
03-Aug-15, 09:34
They only do Bends and Juctions down South Wiltshire / Dorset /Gloucestershire for past 20 /25 years now and never ever cut more than a one strip down side of road , So think your self lucky in Scotland

theone
03-Aug-15, 10:17
I seem to remember reading somewhere that verge cutting was being reduced to save money, but not where it would reduce safety.

I don't think they'll go back to cutting them to the extent they used to, but I'm sure if you believe there are certain areas where safety is being comprimised contacting the council with your concerns would be a good start.

Southern-Gal
03-Aug-15, 13:56
Coming past Tesco today I see that the verge opposite is full of flowering ragwort. Right next to prime farmland too. So unless it is cut and disposed of fairly quickly the land next to it will be full of the toxic weed over the next few years :(

davem
03-Aug-15, 14:09
There have been notices on the verges last year saying that cutting was being delayed to help biodiversity.