PDA

View Full Version : Pay Gap inequality grows in Scotland

BetterTogether
31-Jul-15, 14:52
It appears despite all the rhetoric coming out of Holyrood on workplace equality the gap between pay is increasing in Scotland in stark contrast to England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Scottish women earn £ 4285 a year less than men in the same jobs.

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 15:20
It appears despite all the rhetoric coming out of Holyrood on workplace equality the gap between pay is increasing in Scotland in stark contrast to England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Scottish women earn £ 4285 a year less than men in the same jobs.

tut tut....

cptdodger
31-Jul-15, 16:48
It's an awful thing, but it does'nt surprise me in the least. It happened to me a few years back when I worked for a certain well known supermarket! as a Security Manager. There was two of us to begin with, then he left, I say left, disappeared. I was eventually joined by another Security Manager who had worked at one of our other stores. I cannot remember how I found out, but it became apparent he was on a couple of thousand more than me a year, and had been since day one (we started the same day)

I brought it to the attention of my boss, and in all fairness to the company, my pay was put up immediately to match his, and they made up the difference. As I say, I am not sure why it had happened, as in, why we were on different rates of pay, but it was sorted out by my next months pay.

It sounds like I was one of the lucky ones, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.