PDA

View Full Version : Homebase Home Delivery

bluewickers
14-Apr-07, 19:40
Went into homebase a couple of days ago to buy new doors. Hopefully to arrange home delivery for 4.95 like it said on the order form only to be told that because the doors were in the shop and if we wanted home delivery then it would be £35. I nearly had heart failure of the spot needless to say that i left it. So as you've gathered this is not a recommendation.

bluewickers
14-Apr-07, 19:45
Found new doors on the wickes web site. Cheaper than Homebase and CHEAPER delivery. Next day delivery if the order is placed before 5pm.

footie chick
14-Apr-07, 20:14
Try DMS Express? used to be Millers taxis in wick got bunk bends delivered from inverness for £10.00 first class service and local too

poppett
14-Apr-07, 22:47
Had the same misleading experience earlier in the year, however the doors fitted into an estate car, so we just collected them ourselves. Do you know anyone who could collect them for you?

stratman
17-Apr-07, 13:29
When I was buying some furniture in homebase a person in the que told me their delivery had been left outside there house and they hadn't been rung to tell them it was coming. Some one else nearby mumbled agreement as though they had a similar experience. I still placed my order. I recieved a letter telling me the item was out of stock and would not be availabe for a over month. The following week a lorry arrived with the delivery. When I mention that I hadn't been informed of its arrival it was shrugged of with "They rang you on Friday". The fact that no-one had answered made no impact with them. I live on a building site and did not have a place prepared. This is obviously an issue that needs addressing. It is not good enough. I guess I should have complained at the time but one only has a certain amount of energy.

poppett
17-Apr-07, 19:31
i got round the problem of the phone call by only giving them my mobile number, which takes a message even when it is off, so they have no excuse. Have always had the call the night before or Friday for Monday delivery and the only time we were caught out with an Argos delivery (same haulier by the way, same company in reality) they put the table and chairs to Reay shop and I got them from there later in the afternoon.

That was the week the road was closed with snow and nobody expected they would still make the journey from Forres.

stratman
18-Apr-07, 18:30
i got round the problem of the phone call by only giving them my mobile number, which takes a message even when it is off, so they have no excuse. Have always had the call the night before or Friday for Monday delivery and the only time we were caught out with an Argos delivery (same haulier by the way, same company in reality) they put the table and chairs to Reay shop and I got them from there later in the afternoon.

That was the week the road was closed with snow and nobody expected they would still make the journey from Forres.
Good resolution poppett, but a Friday call for Moday delivery doesn't give you any time to arrange time off work.