PDA

View Full Version : Joan Macalpine on Indy ref2

BetterTogether
29-Jul-15, 10:13
Here's a pieces on Joan Macalpines call for a second referendum seems to say that a nation has a right to decide where its borders finish. At the time of my posting the Poll was 70% against another referendum.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/joan-mcalpine-david-cameron-no-6155376#ICID=sharebar_facebook

cptdodger
29-Jul-15, 10:52
I'm right behind David Cameron on this one. Interesting she quotes this "To paraphrase the great Irish parliamentarian of the 19th century, Charles Stewart Parnell, no man has the right to fix the boundary of a nation.. to say “Thus far shalt thou go and no further”." It worked out so well for Ireland did'nt it! So does that mean we are going to take over half of England then? And it's 72.4% now.

rob murray
29-Jul-15, 10:56
72.4% where did you get that, last polls I cjecked was yes 47% no 53%...if its 72.4% now then there wont be another indy ref until the % figures stack up !! SO they can shut up, govern the country sort out the messes and come clean on fracking intentions

cptdodger
29-Jul-15, 10:59
Look at the link Rob, half way down the page there is a question, you click on which ever one, and it gives you the percentage !

rob murray
29-Jul-15, 14:37
Alex Salmond has suggested that time could come sooner than anyone thought. As he observed, the unionist parties promised Scotland “devo max” but have given us “austerity max” instead.
But it’s a matter for the people. Yes supporters, however disappointed they might feel at last year’s vote, shouldn’t push for indyref2 simply on the basis of wishful thinking.

EH what what what... they can deal with austerity next year as they will have the powers yes ? .......and yes supporters take heed of the last sentence ..............."however disappointed they might feel at last year’s vote, shouldn’t push for indyref2 simply on the basis of wishful thinking"....get your party to sort out the mess theyve created or youll probaby find fracking on yer doorstep....poisoning your water supply, poisoning your soil........and lining the pockets of corporate gangsters