PDA

View Full Version : Dog classes/puppy training

young_fishin_neep
28-Jul-15, 17:58
Hi there, I was wondering of someone could give me some information about the dog classes at Halkirk, my little girl is only 9 weeks old and hasn't had both sets of injections yet but I would like to know if there is specific puppy classes or just the agility and other classes. Also what age can they start the agility classes.

labsrus
02-Aug-15, 02:31
Hi there,

Halkirk is agility only. Usually recommended leaving it till dog is around 12 - 18 months old depending on the breed before jumping but you can start other obstacles earlier. Its always a good idea to do obedience classes first so you have mastered sit down stay walking to heel off lead etc.

There are classes at the assembly rooms in Wick on tuesday nights. You can contact the secretary Janice to put your name down for the next puppy class, her email address is :
jgspringer2@yahoo.co.uk Both classes are run by Caithness Canine Club http://www.caithnesscanineclub.org.uk/FP_links_bar/Classes_Available/classes-available.html

Hope that is of help to you :)

young_fishin_neep
06-Aug-15, 00:46
thanks for your reply,

i would certaily like to get my pup in asap, being a German Shepherd she is eager to learn and has plenty of energy! i do the obedience myself, but the agility i wouldnt know where to start. also being based on thurso side of the county wick classes are a bit out of the question.

thanks again x