Funky_Foal
13-Apr-07, 21:47
Anyone Placing a bet tomorrow? :)

Mr P Cannop
13-Apr-07, 21:51
i think clan royal will win so far its 25/1

Funky_Foal
13-Apr-07, 21:52
I usually bet on clan royal but hes not won in the last few times ive bet on him :(....... oh well maybe he'll be lucky this year!

quirbal
13-Apr-07, 21:58
I usually bet on clan royal but hes not won in the last few times ive bet on him :(....... oh well maybe he'll be lucky this year!

Thats one thing we have in common! :D

Angela
13-Apr-07, 22:02
Usually do, but haven't chosen my horse yet....I've never managed to pick the winner of the National.

Been there once though -great day out , but very hard to actually see the horses :roll: as they thundered past......

quirbal
13-Apr-07, 22:09
im not a betting person but a put a bet on the national every year.:)

Funky_Foal
13-Apr-07, 22:14
I only bet once a year and thats on the grand national :eek::lol:

cookie
14-Apr-07, 16:56
Only ever bet on the grand national and am just delighted my horse just won the race!!!!

footie chick
14-Apr-07, 17:56
Only ever bet on the grand national and am just delighted my horse just won the race!!!!

Hope you won good, congratulations.

None of my six came any where near. I only bet on the national good job :roll:

Foxy
14-Apr-07, 18:27
Decide to have a bet on the grand national for the first time in years and my horse fell at the first fence. :(

zappster
14-Apr-07, 18:31
Got the winner in the sweep onboard the reeg ya dancer!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Apr-07, 21:45
Ma horse in oor sweepstake was Joe's Edge,the favourite.Can anybody tell me what happened to him?

North Rhins
14-Apr-07, 21:49
Ma horse in oor sweepstake was Joe's Edge,the favourite.Can anybody tell me what happened to him?

Pedigree Chum.

davem
14-Apr-07, 22:11
Joe's edge was gone at the first fence sorry.

Rheghead
14-Apr-07, 23:02
Were any horses put down today?:confused

Max
14-Apr-07, 23:07
Don't think so a few falls but everything got up and joined in with no rider as far as I could see. A few jockeys hit the eject button though! Nothing was said about any horses having fatal injuries.

quirbal
14-Apr-07, 23:18
not a good day at the races for me.:(

©Amethyst
16-Apr-07, 09:31
Heh. I bet on the grand national - first time I've ever bet on a race horse (or anything other than national lottery). Something I had on my 'things to do before I die' list lol.

Silly thing never jumped the 20th fence. Oh well. Joes Edge is a beautiful horse though!

scorrie
16-Apr-07, 18:45
Joe's edge was gone at the first fence sorry.

Nah, he got a lot further than that. Point Barrow fell at the first but Joes Edge ran for a long way with the equivalent of a "Dead Leg" after a kick from another horse.

Ballycassidy and Bewleys Berry were both going well when coming to grief late on and you were a bit unlucky if you had those.

My horse was second, my Wife's came 1st, so the chorus of "Broken Doon Bookie" echoed throughout the house.

celtic 302
16-Apr-07, 21:45
only bet on GN, and i thought ma horse might clinch at the end. screamed myself hoarse at the tv

sweetpea
16-Apr-07, 22:35
I got £15 for a sweep, second place - McElveney or something like that, lol