PDA

View Full Version : Wallace needs a home.

porshiepoo
13-Apr-07, 18:46
As much as we really love Wallace the cat we have to rehome him for his own safety and sanity.
We got him from Cat protection and have tried for a long while now to introduce him to our possy of animals.
Wallace is fine with our yorkie terrier and one of our GSD's and also with 2 of our 4 cats.
Unfortunately for Wallace our 2 Birman cats took an instant dislike to him and try as we may we just cannot stop them attacking him, obviously this has knocked Wallace's confidence somewhat.
Wallace is the most loving friendly cat you could wish for, he'll spend all night asleep on your chest given half a chance.
I'm not 100% sure of his age but I'd put him at being 'middle aged' and he still enjoys playing with any toy you can offer him.
He's litter trained and has never 'missed'.
I believe Wallace used to be an out doorsy cat but we haven't been able to let him out due to the threat from two of our cats and also two of our dogs. We know they would chase poor Wallace away. :~(

Please, we are only looking for a very loving, permanent home for Wallace where he will feel safe and secure. He's a very special cat to us and deserves nothing less than the best.

Liz
16-Apr-07, 23:39
Porshiepoo was kind enough to give Wallace and his friend Gromit a lovely home. Sadly Gromit suddenly died and two of her cats are making Wallace's life a misery.

It is such a shame as she really loved them both.

Wallace is such a lovely 'laid back' cat and would just love to curl up on someone's lap and would be a great companion to someone.
So if you can give him a home contact either Porshiepoo or myself.
Hopefully, there will be a picture of him soon on www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk (http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk)

We have other cats needing homes as well, including 'outdoor' cats,so if anyone can offer a cat a forever home then please contact me.
Sadly, cats are still being 'dumped' as if they were rubbish!!![mad]

Liz
22-Apr-07, 22:40
Wallace's picture can now be seen on our website www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk

He really is the most lovely natured cat and deserves a loving home as he has had a rough time.
He was abandoned by someone who did a 'moonlight flit' and the new owners gave him a home but then they too did a moonlight flit and left Wallace and another cat.
This cat was called Gromit and she and Wallace spent a good while in foster care together.
Someone gave them a home but, through no fault of the cats, put them back into foster care after only a couple of days!!!
Then Porshiepoo very kindly gave them a home.
Very sadly Gromit died suddenly and now two of Porshiepoo's cats are giving Wallace such a hard time that he has to stay all the time in two bedrooms for his own safety.:(

It was myself and my sister who 'rescued' Wallace and took him to his foster home and we fell in love with him on sight and, if we hadn't had so many cats, we would dearly have loved to have given him a home.
He sat in his cat carrier in the car and chomped away contentedly at some much needed food.
His fosterer said he was a joy to look after and he even tolerated the antics of a much younger Gromit with great patience even though they shared quite a small space for many months.

If you can give this lovely gent a home please contact either Porshiepoo or myself.

porshiepoo
24-Apr-07, 17:41
Wallace has now gone to his new family where he can finally live in peace and safety. :D
Thankyou to his new family and to Liz and the Cat protection league for all their help and support. Wallace couldn't have done it without you. xxxx:D

Liz
24-Apr-07, 17:45
Wallace has now gone to his new family where he can finally live in peace and safety. :D
Thankyou to his new family and to Liz and the Cat protection league for all their help and support. Wallace couldn't have done it without you.xxx xxxx

Oh that is brilliant news!:D

I know you will all miss him very much but you have done the right thing and hopefully he has now found his forever home.