PDA

View Full Version : Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 10:00
I think the article puts this in context far better than I could but this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-mp-tells-racist-cybernat-to-keep-it-up-1-3835158

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 10:08
I think the article puts this in context far better than I could but this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-mp-tells-racist-cybernat-to-keep-it-up-1-3835158

I was e mailed this at 8 00 this morning and decided not to post it as flat earthers would pile in defending the person in question, bascially either the Scotman are lying or there is truth in the story. did did you see the get of jail clause :

The SNP will take appropriate action on members whosebehaviour falls below the standards we expect. We fully expect other parties to do the same – everyone has a responsibility to maintain a positive level ofpolitical debate online and elsewhere.” : clearly implying that the issue ofcyber trolls is not theres alone......fair enough plenyt of nutters hiding behind by names and PC's out there, but this is an MP interacting with a a very dubious character........this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

Also see http://www.scotsman.com/news/comment-scotland-not-as-black-as-snp-make-out-1-3834528 an interesting read on recent good economic performance in Scotland...quite possibly propoganda / or not, depending on what / who you believe

Manxman
20-Jul-15, 10:40
If this is a true story then he should resign now
How can anyone who is not SCOTTISH and of an ethnic background or from another country go to him for help
Its disgraceful
Come on NICOLA get the SNP cleaned up an stand up in HOLYROOD and say that any sort of rascism is not wanted in SCOTLANDand that DOES include people south of our border who seem to be fair game for some small minded bigots who support this type of behaviour

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 10:43

Well, I sat in Thurso Police Station last year for over an hour giving a statement due to some peoples "sense of humour" It was a Facebook page that had sprung up just after the Referendum, some of the content made me feel physically sick. So, that is what people voted for.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 10:46
Well as I said the scotsman are either lying or the story is true....agree with your comments logically and morally..... How can anyone who is not SCOTTISH and of an ethnic background or from another country go to him for any help.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 10:48
I do'nt do twitter ! but can you hack it, as in somebody is pretending to be him ?

Shaggy
20-Jul-15, 10:55
amazing how anything that's anti SNP, anti independence or against an SNP member gets jumped on by the usual crew yet anything said about the rest of the crooks in Westminster and nobody bothers their backside. "Keep it up" it's hilarious.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 11:02
amazing how anything that's anti SNP, anti independence or against an SNP member gets jumped on by the usual crew yet anything said about the rest of the crooks in Westminster and nobody bothers their backside. "Keep it up" it's hilarious.

Okay, if you are an SNP supporter, how do you feel about that ?

Shaggy
20-Jul-15, 11:21
who said i was an SNP supporter? I don't believe a word of what the Scotsman (a LONDON based and owned) newspaper says. Read the comments on the Scotsman website and they do nothing to stop the attacks, racism and trolling of SNP supporters on there yet when a non SNP supporter is attacked or trolled, the "supposed SNP" supporter gets banned. So what's your view on that? There is absolutely no proof as yet that Monaghan is guilty other than "posts" and "retweets" which as we all know are easy enough to replicate or falsify. I'm not saying he is innocent nor am i agreeing he is guilty, i don't really care and i still find it hilarious that the usual suspects on this forum jump on everything anti SNP and froth at the mouth like rabid dogs let out after the hare.

It's getting to the point if a user doesn't agree with the immature minority on this forum then they are hounded until we stop posting. If you all want the forum to yourselves then have it, i really don't care but meantime, stop embarrassing yourselves!

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 11:22

This is not a poltical attack on the MP in question, Its not anti SNP either, in this situation it concerns alleged involvement of an elected official in racisim amongst others.So you think its hilarous do you ? Either you then see the scotman story as lies or you have a pretty warped sense of humour. The usual crew, you mean decent people appalled at this type of behaviour, there plenty of crooks at westminster ( always has been ) no one has said anyhing to the contrary, but there are "crooks" in all parties including the SNP or are they whiter than white.. If this is true, then our MP has let himself and his contituents down very badly.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 11:24
[QUOTE=Shaggy;1124441]who said i was an SNP supporter? I don't believe a word of what the Scotsman (a LONDON based and owned) newspaper says. Read the comments on the Scotsman website and they do nothing to stop the attacks, racism and trolling of SNP supporters on there yet when a non SNP supporter is attacked or trolled, the "supposed SNP" supporter gets banned. So what's your view on that? There is absolutely no proof as yet that Monaghan is guilty other than "posts" and "retweets" which as we all know are easy enough to replicate or falsify. I'm not saying he is innocent nor am i agreeing he is guilty, i don't really care and i still find it hilarious that the usual suspects on this forum jump on everything anti SNP and froth at the mouth like rabid dogs let out after the hare.

It's getting to the point if a user doesn't agree with the immature minority on this forum then they are hounded until we stop posting. If you all want the forum to yourselves then have it, i really don't care but meantime, stop embarrassing yourselves![/QUO

I said...if this is true......To me the MP is inncocent until guilty thats my view, and the scotsman is either lying or their not you obviously do but why single out a back woods MP ? Truth will out but we cany ignore it can we, or are you saying turn a blind eye

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 11:30
Well, I sat in Thurso Police Station last year for over an hour giving a statement due to some peoples "sense of humour" It was a Facebook page that had sprung up just after the Referendum, some of the content made me feel physically sick. So, that is what people voted for.

Can I ask what the situation was ie contents of face book that you had to be in a police station. Only social media Im on is linkedin and .org prefer it that way and sometimes I get so sick of the org I run for cover but it always pulls me back as I feel bullied and harassed my people ( who shall remain nameless ) so I have had nonenties shouting clear off south to put it mildy, the modertion of this site actually is very very poor etc etc etc........

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 11:37
Shaggy I said if, not that you were an SNP supporter, and that is why I asked if Twitter could be hacked, because I honestly did not know. I have never been an SNP supporter, not because of their politics, I think all the parties are just as bad as each other, but because they tried to take my identity from me, yes I am Scottish, but I am also proud to be British, for me politics never came into it.

If I could find it on Facebook I would show you that I stuck up for individuals regardless whether they were SNP or not, but because they were getting battered for their opinion on there. I would hope when I have said something about the SNP, it has been clear I have been talking about what the SNP has done and not the person saying it. I am not immature, but I do have an opinion.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 11:43
OK consensus is the MP is innocent until proved guilty. Close the thread. Re open if he is guilty

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 11:47
Can I ask what the situation was ie contents of face book that you had to be in a police station. Only social media Im on is linkedin and .org prefer it that way and sometimes I get so sick of the org I run for cover but it always pulls me back as I feel bullied and harassed my people ( who shall remain nameless ) so I have had nonenties shouting clear off south to put it mildy, the modertion of this site actually is very very poor etc etc etc........

Just shortly after the Referendum on the 21st of September, I was directed by a friend in America to a page that had been set up by people calling themselves "The Scottish Republican Army" on it was (amongst others) photo's of Lee Rigby, photo's of the London Bombings (7/7) another photo of a child with a knife at his neck (as in the beheadings by IS) basically saying the same would happen to No voters and other things that were even worse, I was that angry and disgusted, I was literally shaking. So I filled in an online form to the Police, with the links to the page and was contacted soon after, it was'nt just me that reported it. It was dealt with by the Anti Terrorism section.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13181372.Police_investigate_sinister_Scottish_Repu blican_Army_website/

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 11:52
[QUOTE=cptdodger;1124447]Just shortly after the Referendum on the 21st of September, I was directed by a friend in America to a page that had been set up by people calling themselves "The Scottish Republican Army" on it was (amongst others) photo's of Lee Rigby, photo's of the London Bombings (7/7) another photo of a child with a knife at his neck (as in the beheadings by IS) basically saying the same would happen to No voters and other things that were even worse, I was that angry and disgusted, I was literally shaking. So I filled in an online form to the Police, with the links to the page and was contacted soon after, it was'nt just me that reported it. It was dealt with by the Anti Terrorism section.

My god.......that is mindblowing.......truly awful.....staggering.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 11:55
I was actually scared I would be accused of wasting their time, but thankfully they took it seriously.

Shaggy
20-Jul-15, 12:01
Nore O said...if this is true......To me the MP is inncocent until guilty thats my view, and the scotsman is either lying or their not. Truth will out but we cany ignore it can we, or are you saying turn a blind eye

yes, you are right Rob, he is innocent until proven guilty and that is my view too and not just with Monaghan. The Scotsman can't be trusted and there is plenty of proof of that (go google if you want to know what proof there is). As for turning a blind eye? I don't really care what he says. There is far more racism going on elsewhere in the world on a daily basis that needs more attention.

Incidentally, how come it took the Scotsman 4 months to come up with this "tweet"?

How come he hasn't been given the heave yet? why isn't it in any other newspaper?

Whats for dinner today then......

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 12:06
I was actually scared I would be accused of wasting their time, but thankfully they took it seriously.

Good for you, and good on the police / ANti terrorism section......why was there no proesecutions though or is not an offfence to put up this sorta stuff ! Maybe not but there should be !

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 12:07
You have to ask yourselves then, why was millions of pound wasted on the Leveson Enquiry ?

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 12:09
Good for you, and good on the police / ANti terrorism section......why was there no proesecutions though or is not an offfence to put up this sorta stuff ! Maybe not but there should be !

I have'nt heard anything, I moved house in November, but I took my new address into the Police Station in case I ended up in court, but I honestly do'nt know what the outcome was. If they pleaded guilty, there would'nt be a court case right enough. I'm just pleased I did'nt have to go face to face with somebody with a mindset like that !

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 12:10
yes, you are right Rob, he is innocent until proven guilty and that is my view too and not just with Monaghan. The Scotsman can't be trusted and there is plenty of proof of that (go google if you want to know what proof there is). As for turning a blind eye? I don't really care what he says. There is far more racism going on elsewhere in the world on a daily basis that needs more attention.

Incidentally, how come it took the Scotsman 4 months to come up with this "tweet"?

How come he hasn't been given the heave yet? why isn't it in any other newspaper?

Whats for dinner today then......

Oh the usual a Harry Gows pie.....I can only assume that some one has it in for him.....apparently its now, so Im told, the most trending ie top ten spoken about topics on twitter this morning. What do I google as regards the scotsman / trust..... would like proof that the scotsman is "untruthful" ?

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 12:12
You have to ask yourselves then, why was millions of pound wasted on the Leveson Enquiry ?

Good point...but was that not about newspapers ?

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 12:19
Good point...but was that not about newspapers ?

Have I got the complete wrong end of the stick here? I thought we were talking about The Scotsman lying, or maybe lying !!!

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 12:22
Have I got the complete wrong end of the stick here? I thought we were talking about The Scotsman lying, or maybe lying !!!

We were but was the levenson report not about phone hacking stuff ? ....but key issue is ...is the Scotsman lying or not ?

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 12:22
It doesn't take more than a cursory glance at either Dr Monaghans or the perpetrators timeline to see they regularly converse and it appears Dr Monaghans appreciates the comments made. Now I thought the SNP MSPs where supposed to have distanced themselves from these types but it would appear that's not the case.

As for Shaggys comments if you find these types of comments from any elected representative of any elected party then I feel for you. It's very easy to complain about past grievances but this is current happening right under your nose and isn't acceptable by anyone.

sids
20-Jul-15, 12:27
Was he telling her to keep up the racist stuff, or just keep up some other humour, etc.?

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 12:27
We were but was the levenson report not about phone hacking stuff ? ....but key issue is ...is the Scotsman lying or not ?

No, I am sad enough to have watched it for months, a lot of it was certainly, and rightly so. Watching Milly Dowlers parents was heartbreaking, because the journalists had hacked into her voicemail, her parents thought she was still alive, they should have been shot for that, never mind jailed, if they even were. It basically covered everything. It went back long before mobile phones were so widely available. But, the people (stars) you would have heard about had their phones hacked.

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 12:31
I've sent DrMonaghan a message asking him to clarify his interactions as one of his constituents I feel he needs to explain and he does appear very active on Twitter.

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 12:33
Was he telling her to keep up the racist stuff, or just keep up some other humour, etc.?Her whole timeline is pretty tasteless to be honest if he wants to associate with those types he can explain himself I'm sure

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 12:41
I've sent DrMonaghan a message asking him to clarify his interactions as one of his constituents I feel he needs to explain and he does appear very active on Twitter.

It will be interesting if you will get a reply ! Update us please.

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 12:51
I will should he deem fit to reply ! Let see the mans mettle especially since the SNPs leader has said this type of association is not acceptable

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 13:12
I will should he deem fit to reply ! Let see the mans mettle especially since the SNPs leader has said this type of association is not acceptable

Doubt very much if he will reply to you. The joys a of a one party state, they do what they want cos theyve got power. Better get used to it as they, the SNP, will walk the holyrood elections, they can pretend that they can walk on water, turn water into wine and go unchallenged, and thats very unhealthy for democracy. These are bad times and worse ahead I fear.

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 13:15
Doubt very much if he will reply to you. The joys a of a one party state, they do what they want cos theyve got power. Better get used to it as they, the SNP, will walk the holyrood elections, they can pretend that they can walk on water, turn water into wine and go unchallenged, and thats very unhealthy for democracy. These are bad times and worse ahead I fear.
Oh so cynical Rob I've yet to receive a reply you're quite correct.

But the number of people he is following has dropped by one and surprisingly it's her names that's vanished off his list of people he follows.

Make of that what you will.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 13:17

Before the General Election, I posted a question on every candidate's (that had one) Facebook page in regard to the NHS, Dr Monaghan, was the only person that actually replied, so you should hear back from him. Having said that, my question was probably easier to respond to than yours, and he was looking for votes at that point as well !

BetterTogether
20-Jul-15, 13:23
I'd agree it's not an easy question to answer especially in 140 characters. But if he chooses to immerse himself in social media he has to be able to take the good and bad then deal with them equally. He placed himself in that awkward position without anyone helping him out. Sometimes people in his job let the public face slip and we see the real private indvidual.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 13:29
Oh so cynical Rob I've yet to receive a reply you're quite correct.

But the number of people he is following has dropped by one and surprisingly it's her names that's vanished off his list of people he follows.

Make of that what you will.

Not cyncical realistic...there is no way that labour whatever they do will make any inroads, nor Lib dems, greens may inch forward tories may gain some seats....the MP is in situ now so what would he gain from replying to you ? .Undeniably the SNP will walk the election. I actually agree with some SNP policies obviously not the independance issue, but what turns me off is the Orwellian ethos of the band wagonneers, the johnny come latelys who flocked to a winner....where were they back in the day when the SNP was a fringe party ...now where...... and of course thats back in the pre social media days so yer johnny come lately zealots are damaging the values of their party by their carry on.
Who can you be refering to

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 13:43
To enusre the entire SNP party is always on message, the SNP have a central website which is then contextualised into local MPs so when you look at our MP's website your actually reading and looking at central party information our MPS site http://www.snp.org/people/paul-monaghan party central site http://www.snp.org/ have a look they are almost identica............also a complete absence of local issues on our MP's site....big brother eh state controlled media ! The only means of communicating direct with people is then through social media, and twitter is dangerous as innocent remarks can be twisted and miscontrued, he should use his web site as the means to communicate as he can get his points across in "long hand".... so maybe its his parties communications strategy that is wrong !

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 14:11

Heres an anti English site thats very extremist....http://www.scottishrepublicansocialistmovement.org/Pages/SRSMArticlesWhiteSettlersGoHome.aspx

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 14:38
Heres an anti English site thats very extremist....http://www.scottishrepublicansocialistmovement.org/Pages/SRSMArticlesWhiteSettlersGoHome.aspx

That is just awful. I have been called a white settler here, I genuinley believe, I'm from the wrong part of Scotland, or should I say was made to feel like that, but then I would not need to be here had somebody from this area, been able to do the job my partner came up here for. I have no idea how they get away with that website.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 14:42

Youve got a reply..... tit for tat...Scotsman v Herald http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13415738.Outrage_as_one_of_Scotland_s_top_female_a cademics_called_new_SNP_MP_Mhairi_Black__a_slut_/?ref=mr&lp=4

Its a rehash story which I would imagine has been leaked to take the heat out of our MP, none the less the women in the artilce quoted should never have used language like she did to Mary Black... not on at all...sounds like upper middle class jealousy to me.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 14:49
That is just awful. I have been called a white settler here, I genuinley believe, I'm from the wrong part of Scotland, or should I say was made to feel like that, but then I would not need to be here had somebody from this area, been able to do the job my partner came up here for. I have no idea how they get away with that website.

I had a quick squint at it.....very anti "white settler"............... comming north to Scotland and taking best jobs driving property prices up etc etc ...a kinda scottish UKIP with violence, nowt to do with the SNP though....just nutters, but theres a few about though ! Your from Dundee and some up here called you a white settler...I thought we were all Scots....its a common term used in a lots of places....puts non locals in "their place" as does the term "sooth moothers" now are we a united country ? .....nah.......chuck in religion and we are a small minded tinder box : some politcial commentators are suggesting that we will have splinter groups those who want yes....now.....and the official response ....to wait it out, so the yes people will split into the frustrated and the realists.....those who will wait and those who wont....... and the latter is where the nutters are

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 14:51

Youve said it yersel.....the wrong PART of Scotland.........so Scotland isnt a nation but a sum of parts eh !!!

rogermellie
20-Jul-15, 14:55
Paul's brother, his 'Communications Manager', (anyone know that salary?) should have managed these communications (... unless i misunderstand the job title)

ahem ...

“The one thing I want to ensure as an MP is that I use technology in an innovative way and people can contact me using Skype and social media.
“I need somebody who could do that effectively. There was a high number of applicants for the position and it was a challenge to recruit someone to the post.”

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:07
I cannot believe this my eyes decieve me....any student with a minimum qualification in IT ie NC / HNC IT / Communications could do this job : absolutely appalling greed and nonsense, showing a derogativelycontempt for the skills of his younger contituents...looking after number 1 keeping it in the family eh !!

From The Guardian : At least 15 new MPs have already hired family members at the expense of the taxpayer on salaries of up to £40,000 per year, the new House of Commons (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/houseofcommons) register of interests has revealed.
A number of new MPs, however, have wasted no time in putting relatives on the payroll. The pay scale for MP staff members is between £15,000 and £43,272, although some are employed on a part-time basis so will receive less.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2015/jul/20/reaction-to-camerons-speech-on-tackling-extremism-politics-live
Seven of the 15 were Conservatives (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/conservatives), including David Warburton, the new MP for Somerton and Frome, who has employed his wife as a communications officer and personal assistant, and Steve Double, the new MP for St Austell and Newquay, who has employed his wife as a senior caseworker and diary secretary.
Four were new Scottish National party MPs, including Paul Monaghan, MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross, employing his brother as a communications manager, and Corri Wilson, MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock, employing her son as a casewor

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 15:11
I had a quick squint at it.....very anti "white settler"............... comming north to Scotland and taking best jobs driving property prices up etc etc ...a kinda scottish UKIP with violence, nowt to do with the SNP though....just nutters, but theres a few about though ! Your from Dundee and some up here called you a white settler...I thought we were all Scots....its a common term used in a lots of places....puts non locals in "their place" as does the term "sooth moothers" now are we a united country ? .....nah.......chuck in religion and we are a small minded tinder box : some politcial commentators are suggesting that we will have splinter groups those who want yes....now.....and the official response ....to wait it out, so the yes people will split into the frustrated and the realists.....those who will wait and those who wont....... and the latter is where the nutters are

And that is the worry is'nt it? That Facebook page I was talking about sprang into action a couple of days after the Referendum. That's what I was saying to Shaggy, for me it was'nt about politics, it was about me being British and staying British. As for religion, I moved back to Dundee with my two younger children and had to find a primary school / nursery for them. There was a Catholic school at the end of my road, which I could have sent them to but decided against it, so they went to one a bit further away. Let me make it clear I have nothing against Catholics! what I do think is wrong though is separatism in any form, but especially in schools. Having said that, I grew up with the troubles (Northern Ireland) it certainly did'nt do them any good.

From what I can see, the only thing that the Referendum did was cause divisions, and I firmly lay the blame at the SNP's door for that.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:24
And that is the worry is'nt it? That Facebook page I was talking about sprang into action a couple of days after the Referendum. That's what I was saying to Shaggy, for me it was'nt about politics, it was about me being British and staying British. As for religion, I moved back to Dundee with my two younger children and had to find a primary school / nursery for them. There was a Catholic school at the end of my road, which I could have sent them to but decided against it, so they went to one a bit further away. Let me make it clear I have nothing against Catholics! what I do think is wrong though is separatism in any form, but especially in schools. Having said that, I grew up with the troubles (Northern Ireland) it certainly did'nt do them any good.

From what I can see, the only thing that the Referendum did was cause divisions, and I firmly lay the blame at the SNP's door for that.

Same here, at least up north we have single denomination schools..I cannot abide factions nor divisions anywhere in any sphere or walk in life, its just another form of tribalistic bullying.... my issue with "nationalism" is that it can be intrepeted in many ways and narrowly, whose definition of nationalism is going to come out tops....extremists or the ploticians...and would extremists give a hoot for politicains...they would do them down as well...we are all fair game to nutters...... for goodness sake....we are all Jock Tamsons bairns ...or until last year we were. SImmering under the surface way before the referendum were clear divisions in Scotland, mostly on the white settler / incommer, anti english and religous themes, throw in the referedum yes propoganda and you create a situation where people who vote no, but are scots born, living in areas that theyre were not born into, are hit by a double whammy...white settlers, traitors...go back to where you come from .......

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:32
Paul's brother, his 'Communications Manager', (anyone know that salary?) should have managed these communications (... unless i misunderstand the job title)

ahem ...

“The one thing I want to ensure as an MP is that I use technology in an innovative way and people can contact me using Skype and social media.
“I need somebody who could do that effectively. There was a high number of applicants for the position and it was a challenge to recruit someone to the post.”

Seeing as to how we've got a man on the take in westminster people can check on his expense claims

http://www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk/Default.aspx

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 15:34
The funniest thing I heard after the Referendum was, as I was one of the 55% I was no longer entitled to sing "Flower of Scotland" !!

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:38
The funniest thing I heard after the Referendum was, as I was one of the 55% I was no longer entitled to sing "Flower of Scotland" !!

I would have been chuffed to bits with that comment, the song is a dirge through and through...Im with Billy Connelly on that one...he wanted the theme from the archers to be our new national anthem. nice up beat catchy tune lol lol lol

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:42

ahem ...

The guy is no doubt a clever well connected bloke, he's a degree and phd, some of the causes he is involved with / voluntary work is very commendable...but he has let himself down big time being shown to be on the make or rather making jobs for the boys, undermines his "good works".... according to his blurb in his the first degree he researched and reported on the sources of stress and the coping strategies deployed among the police officers and support staff of Northern Constabulry...he should keep holyrood right then.... given stress levels in police scotland.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 15:43
I would have been chuffed to bits with that comment, the song is a dirge through and through...Im with Billy Connelly on that one...he wanted the theme from the archers to be our new national anthem. nice up beat catchy tune lol lol lol

They're quite safe, I actually do'nt know the words! I remember watching Billy Connelly, when he came out with that, so funny! If you can, try getting hold of Billy Connelly's "World Tour of Scotland" that is brilliant, he goes to Dundee and Wick amongst other places, well worth a watch !

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 15:51
[QUOTE=cptdodger;1124504]They're quite safe, I actually do'nt know the words! I remember watching Billy Connelly, when he came out with that, so funny! If you can, try getting hold of Billy Connelly's "World Tour of Scotland" that is brilliant, he goes to Dundee and Wick amongst other places, well worth a watch ![/QUOTE

Thats what I love about Connoly he came to Wick in his early up and comming years, came back when he was a bona fide "star" and appeared in Wick after he was a made movie star, a true man of the people, usually you get 1 possibly 2 shows from someone then when it takes off its bye bye..I mind connolly in the early 70's in Wick sitting giving a free show in the norseman bar on a sunday morning, just telling stories, playing / singing laughing joking...mind you I think he was working off a hangover...incidentally his take on the whole independance thing was he had a great belief in the “in the union of the human race”.

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 16:00
incidentally his take on the whole independance thing was he had a great belief in the “in the union of the human race”.

Sadly, we are further away than ever from that, and I do'nt just mean Scotland, I mean the human race in general. This is nothing to do with anything on this thread, but people used to say the world changed on 9/11, I thought they meant airport security, but with people disappearing to Syria on almost a daily basis, you have to wonder what the world is coming to.

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 16:12
Sadly, we are further away than ever from that, and I do'nt just mean Scotland, I mean the human race in general. This is nothing to do with anything on this thread, but people used to say the world changed on 9/11, I thought they meant airport security, but with people disappearing to Syria on almost a daily basis, you have to wonder what the world is coming to.

Yep it didnt though, the real issues are geo political and are all related to oil, the preservation of power and arms sales...what is likley to kick off now that Iran is freer of sanctions is........... all hell... the suadis and iranian situation is tribal and goes back centuries, what both will do over yemen now that Iran is "freer" is unthinkable and will have massive world wide ramifications...within the big picture Scotland is nothing but an irrelevant pimple

cptdodger
20-Jul-15, 16:28
Now you see, when it comes to things like Iran who are very capable of making an atomic bomb, I will happily admit, that is when I bury my head in the sand. If they are going to start that sort of nonsense, I would rather not know about it, and I certainly would not want to survive it, far too many tv programmes and films about what happens after a nucleur attack, that is just not for me !

rob murray
20-Jul-15, 16:39
Now you see, when it comes to things like Iran who are very capable of making an atomic bomb, I will happily admit, that is when I bury my head in the sand. If they are going to start that sort of nonsense, I would rather not know about it, and I certainly would not want to survive it, far too many tv programmes and films about what happens after a nucleur attack, that is just not for me !

US talks with Iran and nuclear devices have led to break through, US inspectors to be given access and US lifting sanctions on Iran, a conventional war in the middle east bewteen Suaid / Iran over yemen wils soon escalate, chuck in ISIS and Syria and very scary times !

cptdodger
21-Jul-15, 09:41
I was half listening to David Cameron's speech regarding Britain and ISIS yesterday. It was' nt as much what he said that was interesting, it was the reaction to it. They were interviewing a woman that said half the men that had gone to Syria are now back in Britain. This is just my opinion, but If ISIS decide to strike us, they will do it from within. 7/7 being the prime example. If you listen to the interviews after 7/7, and terrorist attacks thereafter, the most common thing people will say is, they were such nice people. That, is what you have to worry about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33590305

Bystander1
21-Jul-15, 11:41
The guy is no doubt a clever well connected bloke, he's a degree and phd, some of the causes he is involved with / voluntary work is very commendable...but he has let himself down big time being shown to be on the make or rather making jobs for the boys, undermines his "good works".... according to his blurb in his the first degree he researched and reported on the sources of stress and the coping strategies deployed among the police officers and support staff of Northern Constabulry...he should keep holyrood right then.... given stress levels in police scotland.

Obviously not that well connected with Northern Constabulary - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12378215.Adviser_to_chief_constable_on_e_mail_char ge/.

Apparently lucky not to do time.

sids
21-Jul-15, 12:34
Obviously not that well connected with Northern Constabulary - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12378215.Adviser_to_chief_constable_on_e_mail_char ge/.

He criticised somebody?

rob murray
21-Jul-15, 12:41
He criticised somebody?

Seems so after reading the url..really harsh treatment on the guy and all because of an e mail....we had all better watch ourselves at work eh !! a non story

Liz
21-Jul-15, 13:04
He criticised somebody?

Shock horror!

cptdodger
21-Jul-15, 13:10

Excuse my ignorance, but I did'nt realise passing an e mail around was a criminal offence, there surely had to be more to it than that. If it was a highly confidential piece of information, then the last thing they should have done was put it on an e mail.

sids
21-Jul-15, 20:26
Shock horror!

Lock him up and swallow the key.

davth
21-Jul-15, 22:11
He should be removed from post for his encouragement given to a racist bigot.Keep up the good work.....what a joke

sids
21-Jul-15, 22:24
He should be removed from post for his encouragement given to a racist bigot.Keep up the good work.....what a joke

He was voted in, so he should stay in until voted out, unless he does something a bit more serious than Twitter offences.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 00:05
He was voted in, so he should stay in until voted out, unless he does something a bit more serious than Twitter offences.

Exactly! People might do better to look at the atrocities being carried out by our Tory govt than search the net for every little thing to discredit Paul Monaghan!

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 00:40
Exactly! People might do better to look at the atrocities being carried out by our Tory govt than search the net for every little thing to discredit Paul Monaghan!

But in the same vein, the Tories were voted in so they should stay in until they are voted out.

davth
22-Jul-15, 08:25
The public may have voted differently had they known his racist and bigoted views.Not to mention his jobs for the boys scam for his dear brother who clearly doesn't manage his electric activities very well.
What "atrocities" exactly have the current government been committing?

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 08:55
The public may have voted differently had they known his racist and bigoted views.Not to mention his jobs for the boys scam for his dear brother who clearly doesn't manage his electric activities very well.
What "atrocities" exactly have the current government been committing?

I would love to agree with you, but he came under the SNP banner, so even if people did know I highly doubt it would have made any difference at all. At any cost, they wanted the SNP in "power" it did'nt matter who the candidate was.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 09:39

Definition of atrocity in English:noun (plural atrocities)

1An extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury:

I'd dearly love to see an example of an atrocity perpetrated by the conservative government since it gained power the other month.

Meanwhile Paul Monaghans misdemeanours are simply ignored I wasn't aware supporting racism & homophobia was acceptable nowadays, maybe this gives me a better insight into the mindset of those who support this man.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 09:49
For those who do find Dr Monaghans behaviour unacceptable and believe he should be held to account, there is a petition asking for his immediate resignation. The SNP are always telling us it's about people power, well no better way to show them sign and show your disapproval of his actions.

https://www.change.org/p/nicola-sturgeon-for-the-immediate-dismissal-of-dr-paul-monaghan-mp?recruiter=272367486&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=mob-md-google-no_msg

Manxman
22-Jul-15, 09:55
Having now read all the comments to date regarding this post I honestly believe that some people do not understand the RACE RELATIONS ACT
It does not matter in what form it comes in that includes any media spoken or written
If someone is offended by any remarks that they believe to be racist that then becomes an offence and if reported to a police force it will be logged and investigated as a racist/hate crime and appropriate action should be taken,it is not the job of a police force to decide, it is their duty to investigate and report Racism in any form brings disgrace to any nation and needs to be stamped out not just in football but everywhere
It is a crime that leaves decent people feeling sick and disgusted
No one deserves this type of treatment in a society like ours remember we are in the 21st century

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 10:30
the problem lies with too many people taking offence to anything "racist" said nowadays. How many white people have you heard of "playing the race card" and it being reported in the newspapers? then ask yourselves how many non-white people "play the race card" and have it splashed on headline news.....
I don't condone racism in any way and i disagree totally with racist views and comments but like a great many others, if it doesn't affect me, then i don't really care.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 11:35
I knew I should have deleted my comment as I had intended to do as cannot be bothered with the hassle!

I see no evidence of the racism Paul Monaghan is being accused of? If he was guilty why wasn't it taken further?
It is very difficult to keep track of everyone's tweets and, as the person he is supposed to have 'encouraged' closed her account and set up a new one, he probably commented on perfectly innocent tweets.

As for the 'atrocities' carried out by the Tories I would say that people taking their lives due to the welfare reforms or dying after being told they were fit for work is a good start! Add to this some sick and disabled people being given the same money as JSA (which is £30 less than usual); bombing Syria without consulting parliament etc The divide between rich and poor is getting wider and the increase in food bank use in modern day Britain is a disgrace!

I am an SNP supporter and respect peoples' political views but am sick and tired of the constant SNP Bad posts on the org and the inference that their supporters are like sheep with no minds of their own. This is insulting! Also theSNP is not anti English. Indeed there are many English supporters and have some branches in England.

DebbieM
22-Jul-15, 11:53
Wholly unacceptable behaviour, he needs to be going now. Sign my petition here if you wish to support my action.https://www.change.org/p/nicola-sturgeon-for-the-immediate-dismissal-of-dr-paul-monaghan-mp?recruiter=272367486&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylinkThank you.

DebbieM
22-Jul-15, 11:55
I'm a Twitter troll am I? I can assure that is not the case, unless of course by that you mean I oppose the SNP and everything they stand for! and last time I checked, that wasn't a crime.

And Liz, Monaghan is guilty of *supporting* a racist Twitter troll, if you see no problem in her comments then I suggest you seek help. His involvement with her continued after Sturgeon said that the party was to disassociate from these people. He has clearly ignored this. There are countless other reasons why he is not fit for the job, this is the tip of the iceberg.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 12:07
I'm a Twitter troll am I? I can assure that is not the case, unless of course by that you mean I oppose the SNP and everything they stand for! and last time I checked, that wasn't a crime.

And Liz, Monaghan is guilty of *supporting* a racist Twitter troll, if you see no problem in her comments then I suggest you seek help. His involvement with her continued after Sturgeon said that the party was to disassociate from these people. He has clearly ignored this. There are countless other reasons why he is not fit for the job, this is the tip of the iceberg.

Okay I have deleted my comments and apologise but was given this info on good authority. I still cannot see where he supported a racist Twitter troll and the other reasons which make him unfit for his job? As I said it is very difficult to keep track of everyone's tweets.
Of course I don't agree with her racist comments but this was not what was in question!

Liz
22-Jul-15, 12:12
Anyway will leave you all to it as I don't keep well so know from experience the stress caused by the welfare reforms and don't need any more on the org.

So lash at it! :)

DebbieM
22-Jul-15, 12:14
I don't have time to reply just now, but will reply in full later on, with links.

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 12:18
Also theSNP is not anti English. Indeed there are many English supporters and some branches in England.

That has nothing to do with what this thread is actually about, it is about Paul Monaghan and his apparent support of a person who had previously been banned from Twitter for abusive and racist remarks. I am quite sure there are English people who support the SNP.

However, and I do'nt care if you agree with me or not Liz, there are people out there, that are still abusing and targeting "No" voters, I know because I was on the receiving end of it on Facebook. It did'nt matter where I was from, it was because I had the audacity to vote no. Certainly anybody that was'nt from Scotland got it worse, but me, I am a traitor, I am not fit to live in this country and call myself Scottish and so on. And I hate to tell you this, the majority of people doing the abusing, had a little SNP thing on their profile picture.

To say the least, it does'nt endear me to the SNP.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 12:23
That has nothing to do with what this thread is actually about, it is about Paul Monaghan and his apparent support of a person who had previously been banned from Twitter for abusive and racist remarks. I am quite sure there are English people who support the SNP.

However, and I do'nt care if you agree with me or not Liz, there are people out there, that are still abusing and targeting "No" voters, I know because I was on the receiving end of it on Facebook. It did'nt matter where I was from, it was because I had the audacity to vote no. Certainly anybody that was'nt from Scotland got it worse, but me, I am a traitor, I am not fit to live in this country and call myself Scottish and so on. And I hate to tell you this, the majority of people doing the abusing, had a little SNP thing on their profile picture.

To say the least, it does'nt endear me to the SNP.

Okay before I go I am really sorry you suffered such abuse but I can assure you that the same kind of abuse (both physical and verbal) has been meted out to SNP supporters. I would never support a racist party and do not condone such behaviour. As for the thread not being about racism I thought this was the whole point of it?

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 12:34
I should have made myself clearer, the rantings of this person on twitter were not just confined to the English, as I said above it does'nt matter where the person is from originally, if you are a no voter, you are fair game to them. Again, it is about his support for this person. And I will say this, regardless of the politics, I would stick up for anybody that was being bullied or abused on Facebook, and I did.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 12:37
I do not condone this person's behaviour and abhore bullying but you can't tar us all with the same brush. Every party has it's eejits! Again though I can't see where he 'supported' her?

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 12:42
I do not condone this person's behaviour and abhore bullying but you can't tar us all with the same brush. Every party has it's eejits!

And I'm not, a lot of my friends support the SNP, and voted yes in the Referendum. It's not something I would discuss with them, as obviously their views are different to mine, and another reason is I think our friendship is more important than politics.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 12:50
I totally agree that friendship is far more important! Sadly there are a lot of keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do than cause misery and mischief bringing any party they maintain they support into disrepute.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 13:08
Liz you seem to miss the point, this is about Mr Monaghans tacit support and encouragement of a particularly nasty troll, regardless of which party he is a member of that type of behaviour is not acceptable from any duly elected representative who is supposed to represent all of his constituents once elected.
The particular MSP under scrutiny here happens to be a member of a party some of whoms supporters have gained national notoriety for being particularly abusive online, also a party whose leader has made a very clear statement in the National media that this type of behaviour is wholly unacceptable and would bring disclipinary action should evidence be found of it.
Given that the evidence of his tacit support and encouragement is now a matter of public record, despite the offending party deleting their account, this is no way diminishes his actions.

Liz
22-Jul-15, 13:14
Okay going round in circles so am off for good now!

May I suggest you turn your gaze to what is going on in Westminster once in a while?

As I said lash at it!

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 13:26
Okay going round in circles so am off for good now!May I suggest you turn your gaze to what is going on in Westminster once in a while?As I said lash at it!It's summer Westminster is on a break !

Liz
22-Jul-15, 13:28
It's summer Westminster is on a break !

Can you take one as well then please?

davth
22-Jul-15, 13:47
Petition signed and shared
Monaghan must go!!

RWB
22-Jul-15, 14:00
what happens when the petition gets to 500 ?

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 14:11
The idea is the petition will be sent to Nicola Sturgeon quite publicly so can be seen to act on the words she published in the National Media about disclipinary action being taken.

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 14:26
Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 14:38
There are a number of tweets between them it's not just one tweet!

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 15:04
Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??

It is very possible that the paper could not repeat the tweets, or I should say print the persons tweets he was responding to. As I said before, regarding the Facebook page "The Scottish Republican Army" I could only put on here a tiny percentage of what was written on that page, as the majority of the stuff on there was horrendous. I think it was mentioned in the link to the Scotsman, about her having a picture of a hanging in which she said that, that was what was going to happen to "no" voters. I can guarantee that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

I have just had a look again at the link, this is a paragraph -

"Among her posts was a video of a storm flooding Barmouth in Wales, accompanying which she wrote: “pity it cant hit birmingham then we could get rid of all the p****.”

She also posted a picture of a person hanging from a gibbet with the words: “typical No voter after sep 18.”

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 15:07
Can you take one as well then please?

lol good one Liz :-)

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 15:12

So did you just join the site and found the post and decided to wade into the debate or did a poster on here tell you all about this?...... i suspect the latter.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 15:18
Seems our illustrious MSP cares more about courting Welsh voters and being less than truthful about the SNPs Faux Pas with VAT and section 33 local authority bodies than he does engaging with his own constituents, his own constituent voices a knowledgable standpoint on VAT and gets blocked for disagreeing the Welsh Voter gets insulting and carries on the discussion. shameful treatment.

JamesMcVean
22-Jul-15, 15:40
I seen this article in the London owned Scotsman the other day and I laughed, not because of the rather pathetic attempt to sully the good name of our newly elected MP, No...I laughed because the journalist sensationalism of this tweet MUST understand the machinations and traditions of Twitter and obviously chooses to ignore them.
I am fairly new to Twitter, but I quickly learned it is courteous to follow someone if they choose to follow you, and rather quickly I hit 2000 follows...Aye 2000...
Paul Monaghan is following nearly 9000 people and has 12000 followers
The way Twitter works is you get a news feed of a random selection from people you choose to follow and notification of people who have either tweeted you or mentioned you to others....
It is completely inconceivable that he would have run a background check on every single person he follows. And that Unionist biased newspapers didn't show the entire thread of the conversation...
This leads me to the conclusion that the smear attempts on our MP were a smoke screen to cover up the illegal use of British pilots bombing Syria, or the breaking documentary in Australia of the child abuse cover ups in the top tier of the establishment. He'll, this pathetic "story" was even jumped all over by unionist trolls desperately trying to get this chap to lose his job in a laughable petition...
This lassie Debbie is known for posting anti SNP Nonsense on the Thurso, Wick and Tain pages and if the admin here had any sense they would delete this stupid pointless thread.

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 15:50
I had a wee look on twitter and the reply of "keep it up" was in regards to something which is not racist i can asure you. The lassie had tweeted back in march that the vow was as useful as toilet cleaner to which Paul replied i like your humour "keep it up". I think this has gotten out of control with context. As for the nasty thing she said about the flooding (which I think is awful) wasnt even on twitter it was a google thing which got closed last year so you can not link that to his comment. I notice Paul has over 12000 followers and he is following about 9000 so if you think he has time to check out every single person to ensure they are not nasty then im sure he has better things to be doing. I dont like to hear of people being bad named for no reason as i have done in the past so i will quickly defend people when its wrong.

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 15:50
if the admin here had any sense they would delete this stupid pointless thread.

I wish they would delete several of the stupid pointless users too.....save us all a lot of hassle.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 15:53
So what you're saying is we should ignore his interaction and encouragement of the troll and just pretend it never happened because he has a lot of followers and you have some as well, we should just pretend that it's all a big mistake and he never issued encouragement to the tweets and support despite the public domain evidence against him. And all of this is a huge conspiracy to cover up other stories quite well covered by the national and international media. Meanwhile you suggest that a new poster who you seem to have some former knowledge of but the rest of us are unacquainted with is well known elsewhere under a fairly common name. Then finally our freedom speech be ruthlessly suppressed just to keep one political view happy. How very Orwellian of you !

Bystander1
22-Jul-15, 15:55
No - its all a smokescreen to hide the use of British pilots in Syria. Now thats wonderful, what will they think of next. I wonder if Paul M's dozy brother( he of the Skype expertise) has recently joined e' org ?

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 15:58
They do say all is fair in love and war seems Dr Monaghan is quite happy to make vexatious complaints about others.http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/College-board-complaint-thrown-out-13072011.htm

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 16:00
So you say he is guilty and want him hung drawn and quartered. mr monaghan says he is innocent and that the tweets were taken out of context. To back up your comment that he is guilty, you dig out old stories and smear campaigns to try to convince the rest of the org users that mr monaghan is a deceitful liar and untrustworthy person and that you are right and mr monaghan is guilty. Wow....how Orwellianly flawed your argument is. Why not just ask admin to change your name to "BitterTogether" or bitter still, make another sock puppet with that name and give us all a laugh

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 16:06
Well as the troll was one of the main proponents in the shameful abuse of the late Charles Kennedy and there is plenty of proof that Dr Monaghan had more than just one tweet with the name, what are you suggesting shaggy that we pretend he is above reproach and accept his version of events over everything that's in the public domain. His past form gives a good indication of the type of man he is, it's all public domain all recorded for posterity. There's no smear campaign that would suggest it's made up to discredit him this is all a matter of public record whether you like it or not he should be held to just as high account as anyone else who wants to enter politics and represent us.

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 16:40
This just seems to me a hate against this man, he aint even my MP and Im not actually sure who is im just in the area for work and came across the paper today. I like the local people here and hope to move up thats why im taking an interest. If you really think as i said he has time to verify every single person he comes into contact with prior to a reply then that is impossible! Im sure it would be different if he was lets say a labour MP cause from what i have heard on the TV they never seem to turn up so must have plenty of time on their hands. Or lets say a Lib Dem MP well there are hardly any of them left either so again have plenty of time on their hands? Id also like to point out as well while i have been looking through all the info i can find that he has a place in Brora I think and does surgeries so maybe it is a good idea to stop complaing on the computer or paper and make an appointment to see him and air all your worries. Just a thought??

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 16:45
if this is refering to me about having former knowledge then its only becasue i have done a bit of digging unlike some of the people who are clearly putting jumping on the band wagon! Im not saying to ignore anything just get a few facts right and stop trying to make something that aint. finally sorry for having such a common name but if you have an issue with that then i will need to refer you onto my mother as she gave that to me

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 17:09
Tom if you want to become an apologist for his online behaviour that's entirely your right no one here is stopping you and we are all fully capable of doing research as you like to call it on the subject, but it's somewhat naive to claim after his account has been cleansed of the offending remarks and the trolls account deleted that non of it ever occurred.

Thankfully there are a lot of people out there who have numerous copies of the interactions between the two and all the offensive remarks made by the troll, all logged and recorded in wonderful time and date order. It isn't a hate campaign it's a discussion about our duly elected MP and his conduct on the areas local discussion forum, whether you love him or hate him is neither here nor there the fact remains his behaviour for us his constituents to discuss and decide whether or not we find it acceptable.

I think considering the distances between places few could be bothered to drive down to Brora to speak to Dr Monaghan but trust me should he visit Wick or Thurso I for one would be more than happy to challenge him on his conduct.

In the meantime the petition is climbing as more people sign it no different really to the campaign Alastair Carmichael went through when some felt his conduct wasn't up to the mark,delivered to him by vociferous SNP voters.

So I'd say it would appear those who support this type of action against sitting MPs from other parties don't like it when it's their own under fire.

DebbieM
22-Jul-15, 17:14
To whoever asked, yes I joined today, the purpose was to promote my petition. I just happened upon this thread. Can I point out to you all that Monaghan claims not to have any involvement with Claire Robertson,or that he followed her. That might be the case now, but it was not the case before. Denying he interacted with her when the evidence is freely available for all of us to see. To be honest it's hilarious that he calls my action opportunistic, when he himself has been very open in his backing for action against Carmichael. What the courier didn't print was that I am unable to contact Monaghan. Despite him claiming I campaigned against him, that isn't the case. I contacted him on Twitter and Facebook asking him to justify the comments he made to the Courier that he would support the decommissioning of nuclear submarines in Caithness. One comment and he blocked me, I can prove this. After election I asked him 2 further times but he fobbed me off. That he expects to live in a little bubble where everyone loves him is ridiculous. We are allowed to oppose and question, and as one of his constituents I also have a right to answers. And yes James McVean I did post comments on SNP sites, that was because he blocked me, but you know that because you responded to me at the time. And sorry expecting me to be banned because you don't like my views? That's completely unreasonable. Most of my family live in Caithness, I've as much a rights as you.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 17:17
Also nice to note that after all the kerfuffle a few years ago about expenses scandals and the public disquiet about employing family members Dr Monaghan shortly after being elected employed his Brother as his communications manager.

No doubt he was the right person to be hired for this illustrious position with qualifications and experience that outstripped anyone else available within the area with the Job being advertised and everyone having an equal chance at securing such employment.

One would hate to think the party is really no different to the old guard with a spot of nepotism creeping in.

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 17:20
Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with him
You still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??
Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTT

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 17:21
I havent read about his brothers employment yet but when i do im sure i will manage to comment on that

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 17:44
Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with himYou still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTTAs I've already mentioned the troll has deleted their account and someone has diligently gone through Dr Monaghans feed apparently sanitising it of any remarks that link the two, so unless you have a time machine or access to the people who diligently copied them prior to their removal I'm not sure how you can really comment on the numerous posts between the two ! Brora is far enough away for me not to waste petrol driving there so he can try absolve himself and deny what happened in a typically politicians style,he can access me through Twitter or come on here an explain himself away.

Bystander1
22-Jul-15, 17:45
Obviously some of the org's new members are a bit ahead of me. So when did our MP open the Brora Office. I know he has selected the premises but has not yet publicised when he will be available there.
Perhaps his brother, he of the extensive knowledge of Skype, might advise us on that.
To save a previous poster from wasting time 'researching' it appears that The Honourable Doctor has appointed his brother as Head of his Communications Team. He apparently is awful clever with computers and Skype and things, and other things, and was undoubtedly the best candidate for the job. By the way the vacancy was widely advertised, on Doctor Monaghan's Facebook page.
The job spec. and advertising strategy is as quoted by Dr Monaghan himself.

davth
22-Jul-15, 17:50
Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with himYou still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTT A 2 hour round trip is fairly significant, no?

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 17:54
A 2 hour round trip is fairly significant, no?

Oh i dunno, it's been prattled on about on the org for nearly 2 1/2 days.....

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:04
I don't think it's that long surely. I have never driven myself as I take the public transport

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:05
Is there a policy by the snp party stating family members can't be employed?

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:07
This is what I'm trying to say, I'm not from the area and just today looked up many things and have found out more info than some of you locals like the fact he does have an open office in Brora

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 18:10
Here's our MPs reply

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/MP-blasts-petition-calling-for-his-dismissal-as-opportunistic-22072015.htm

Of course it's opportunistic as he supplied the opportunity by interacting with the troll in the first place.

Yes it's political he's a politician how could it be anything else.

But it appears he now has very selective memory and is desperately and systematically removing all the offending tweets.

Meanwhile the petition has shot up since this article was printed.

We expect better from our representatives especially the tires old I can't remember because I'm deleting everything ones.

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:17
All I can say DebbieM is now that we have all found out he has a office in Brora and he holds surgeries and Westminster is going on a break then there are plenty of chances for you to make an appointment to air your concerns and worries to him face to face. As you say you have rights and I think it would be good to get things out in the air with him and less twitter Facebook Caithness net etc. as an MP he can't refuse to see you as it's part of his job so rather than all this just go see the man face to face once and for all then get back to us how you got on as I'd be interested

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:19
Wow wait a minute how can HE remove all the offensive tweets if it's HER that is the racist. I thought this whole thing was about him supposed to be encouraging it or are you now trying to say he clearly said offensive stuff??

davth
22-Jul-15, 18:21
One question.

If he (as he claims) has done nothing wrong, hen why is he cleansing his twitter feed?

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 18:28
Again bring it up with him but if I had contact on twitter with someone then later found then to be a racist then I wouldn't want anything to do with and delete them as a friend and any contact I ever had with them and I'm not a MP so I'm assuming he thinks the same as me I don't know???

davth
22-Jul-15, 18:35
would it not be better to leave it there for "transparency"?
Anyway Pau..... I mean Tom, must go
toodlepip

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 18:54
This is what I'm trying to say, I'm not from the area and just today looked up many things and have found out more info than some of you locals like the fact he does have an open office in Brora

So that office in Brora is now open? I can't find that information on his website, all I can see is he hopes to have the lease in place in the very near future. That was May. I honestly cannot see where it says the times and dates for his surgeries either, maybe you could provide a link with the information you found.

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 19:17
Wow wait a minute how can HE remove all the offensive tweets if it's HER that is the racist. I thought this whole thing was about him supposed to be encouraging it or are you now trying to say he clearly said offensive stuff??

Now I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but the alleged cynernat made a faux pas and appears to have forgotten its gender before deleting itself and removing all the offending tweets as Dr Monaghan hits kakadodo land, seems odd how his tweets vanish and the trolls account vanish on the same day.

Meanwhile back here in sunny Caithness we have Tom appears and on his first day knows more about a subject than any local and is party to information non of us have been able to find.

Curiouser and Curiouser said Alice err Carol I mean Pau, Tom whoever you are gosh this is confusing or is it !

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 19:24
I have worked in the area for a few weeks now not just arrivedI have many friends in the highlands one on which has a neighbour who has just started working in the new snp office in Brora I don't think it is all that confusing really but then you lot seem to like adding arms and legs to thingsI can't help the fact I have managed to get info in a day than you lot have tried to put together in a few months

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 19:38
I have worked in the area for a few weeks now not just arrivedI have many friends in the highlands one on which has a neighbour who has just started working in the new snp office in Brora I don't think it is all that confusing really but then you lot seem to like adding arms and legs to thingsI can't help the fact I have managed to get info in a day than you lot have tried to put together in a few months

I am not adding "arms and legs" as you put it, you seem to be advising people to go and see him in his Brora office, I just thought it might be a good idea for you to give them some idea when he was holding surgeries there. As I said, I can't find the information on his website, that is why I asked you.

Bystander1
22-Jul-15, 19:41
So tell us when the office opened for business, please. It was not open on Friday last when I stopped in Station Square and last info I can find is that the furnishings were delivered on 10 July.. Surely there would be some notification in the local press of such an important occurrence ?
This friend of a neighbour who works in this office would have applied for the job through a newspaper ad or was it another of these vacancys widely advertised on the Dishonourable Doctor's Facebook page ?

BetterTogether
22-Jul-15, 21:13

How convenient !

Nods as good as wink !

Mind why add arms and legs when it already has wings and is flying around the national media all on its own.

RWB
22-Jul-15, 21:43
man this is getting tiresome, you lot (BT, Cpt, Golach etc) keep banging on about the Yes folk not accepting the result of the referendum, but it's you lot that can't accept that whatever party you support ... didn't ... win ... the ... seat ... up ... here.
then as soon as someone comes along with a reasoned arguement, you all rally round, wear them down until they finally give up and leave the thread so that you're the last 'men' standing.

(and please don't hide behind 'this is about Paul being pals with a racist etc etc', we all know that this is just another little stick to try and beat him with - good luck, oh and good luck with your 500 signatures on a petition :lol:)

TomAndrew
22-Jul-15, 21:53
Look if you go online To his Facebook page 10 July he has info there it is honestly that easy

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 22:40
man this is getting tiresome, you lot (BT, Cpt, Golach etc) keep banging on about the Yes folk not accepting the result of the referendum, but it's you lot that can't accept that whatever party you support ... didn't ... win ... the ... seat ... up ... here.
then as soon as someone comes along with a reasoned arguement, you all rally round, wear them down until they finally give up and leave the thread so that you're the last 'men' standing.

(and please don't hide behind 'this is about Paul being pals with a racist etc etc', we all know that this is just another little stick to try and beat him with - good luck, oh and good luck with your 500 signatures on a petition :lol:)

Hang on a minute now, we as in me, BT, Golach and etc wear people down how exactly ? This is a forum where presumably you would come to discuss things. I have never hidden behind anybody or anything, if you think Paul Monaghan is the only problem with the SNP holding the majority then you are sadly mistaken. I am quite aware the party I voted for did'nt win the seat, I have no choice but to accept that, just as the Yes people have no choice but to accept they lost.

This, as far as I am aware is still a democracy, so I am allowed to voice my opinion. I, to my knowledge have never been nasty to any individual on here, at least I hope I have'nt. I will just point out though, I have never supported the SNP, and I never will, so it is a high probability any Yes voter or SNP supporter will disagree with my posts regarding politics.

I will just say this about Paul Monaghan, he has to realise he is in the public eye now, representing us, the people. As such everything he does is open to scrutiny, maybe in future he might want to be a tad more careful what he does on social media, especially twitter. He left himself wide open there. I can give my opinion about him and his actions on here, like everyone else has, but as far as I know, none of us are journalists, so the papers got the story from somewhere.

golach
22-Jul-15, 22:48
And your MP has just got himself a 10% pay rise, when did you or I get a pay rise such as that?

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 22:56
And your MP has just got himself a 10% pay rise, when did you or I get a pay rise such as that?

you forgot to add that all the SNP ministers who had the rise are donating their 10% to charity..... which is a damn sight more generous than your MPs are

golach
22-Jul-15, 23:04
you forgot to add that all the SNP ministers who had the rise are donating their 10% to charity..... which is a damn sight more generous than your MPs areThey are allegedly donating, two wages Eck how much has he donated?

Shaggy
22-Jul-15, 23:13
They are allegedly donating, two wages Eck how much has he donated?

Why don't you ask him? oh look, a quick google found his phone number 01467 670070 and i'll even donate the 50p for the phone call so not only will you get your answers straight from the fishes mouth but it won't cost you anything to obtain the info either! how cool is that then?

cptdodger
22-Jul-15, 23:42
I honestly think every single MP regardless which party, should have refused the pay rise - actually taken a stand. I do not know how they can justify that sort of a pay rise when we live in an age where there is a necessity for food banks, and this - http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/percentage-children-living-poverty-scotland, that shows the percentages of children living in poverty in the different regions. That is a failure of all political parties.

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 00:10
That is a failure of all political parties.

no not all, just the one in power

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 00:12
up until your last sentence i agreed with everything you said :)

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 00:19
It has'nt just happened overnight, for five years I heard the Conservatives and Lib Dems, blame Labour for everything that had gone wrong with the economy, and anything else they could think of actually ! You might be right though, the Conservatives have all but been in power for five years, it's a pity instead of constantly blaming Labour, they actually tried to resolve the problems I mentioned.

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 00:21
so what you're saying is, it's everone's fault except the SNP's ... ?

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 00:27
so what you're saying is, it's everone's fault except the SNP's ... ?

Sorry, that's my fault, I only pay attention to what Westminster is doing, I honestly do not know what the SNP has control over, I really do'nt. If they have control over say, benefits and so on in Scotland, why did they vote against the Government (Westminster) the other night?

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 00:34
because they're the opposition

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 00:42
I have just had a look, this is on their website (The Scottish Parliament)

Devolved matters include
Reserved matters include

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/images/Parliament%20Publications/GL.PNG
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/images/Parliament%20Publications/SP_powers_RESERVED.jpg

agriculture, forestry and fisheries
education and training
environment
health and social services
housing
law and order
local government
sport and the arts
tourism and economic development
many aspects of transport

benefits and social security
immigration
defence
foreign policy
employment
broadcasting
trade and industry
nuclear energy, oil, coal, gas and electricity
consumer rights
data protection
the Constitution

The list on the left is this - The Scottish Parliament at Holyrood can pass laws on devolved matters – in general, those affecting most aspects of day-to-day life in Scotland.

The list on the right is this - The UK Parliament at Westminster can pass laws on reserved matters – in general, those with a UK-wide or international impact.

So, from my limited understanding of politics. Something in one of those lists, be it a lack of employment or cuts in benefits, something has caused there to be a need for food banks and the reason why there (in this day and age) is a percentage of children living in poverty.

squidge
23-Jul-15, 01:00
The overwhelming rise in foodbank use has clearly been shown to be as a result of the benefit cuts and sanction regime imposed by the Westminster Government. Google it to find the huge amount of evidence

The SNP voted against the welfare bill because it unfairly targets the poorest in society, those on low wages, benefits and the sick and disabled and the SNP do not believe that is the right thing to do. The welfare bill will mean many more people falling into poverty. It's completely unacceptable. That is why the SNP voted against the bill.

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 01:04
the bottom line is that when the tories decide that £20 billion cuts have to be made - everyone at the bottom will feel it

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 01:08
Thank you Squidge, I honestly did'nt know until I looked at what the SNP were actually responsible for. And as I said before, this has not just happened overnight, but going by those lists, then I was right in saying Westminster. I still stand by what I said, I think every single MP, MSP and so on should have all taken a stand and refused the pay rise, especially in this current economic climate.

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 01:10
the bottom line is that when the tories decide that £20 billion cuts have to be made - everyone at the bottom will feel it

I think you also have to look at the reasons why there has had to be a £20 billion cut.

squidge
23-Jul-15, 01:17
The MPs were not allowed to refuse the pay rise. All the SNP MPs are donating theirs to local charities.

rogermellie
23-Jul-15, 01:40
well, where to begin .... massive overspends on defence would be a good start, the bank bail out wouldn't have helped things, multinational tax avoidance .... the list goes on, but instead of tackling these, the tories will keep their friends safe and hammer the poor

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 08:15
The MPs were not allowed to refuse the pay rise. All the SNP MPs are donating theirs to local charities.

Shouldn't that read something more akin to.
All SNP MPs claim they will be donating their pay rises to local charities but as of yet there is no substantive proof of this having or going to occur.

Much the same as Alex Salmonds previous offers to do similar but the money was simply pocketed and nothing really changed .

I note that Paul Monaghan wants an amendment to VAT to exempt Scotland Police and Fire after their centralisation caused them fall within the scope of VAT instead of remaining P33 local authority bodies, despite all the warnings from even Unions the SNP pressed ahead with this disastrous policy now they are begging for exemptions to get them off the hook.
When Dr Monaghan was engaged on social media by an apparently knowledgeable constituent he managed to successfully claim the government is only doing it because it " suits them " then proceeded to block his constituent when one of his Welsh followers became abusive.

It would appear Dr Monaghan is developing a habit of blocking his constituents when he is asked awkward questions, but prefers to chat with abusive rabble rousers.

squidge
23-Jul-15, 09:30
All the SNP MPs have said that they will donate theirs to local charities. No conservative MPs or Labour MPs or Lib Dem MPs have made the same commitment although labour leader contenders have said they will "not be taking" theirs without expanding on that. David Cameron has said he is keeping his. George Kerevan SNP MP for East Lothian is only taking the average Scottish wage of £27k whilst using rest for local charities and office costs as he has income from journalism and the work he did as an economist

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 10:11
All the SNP MPs have said that they will donate theirs to local charities. No conservative MPs or Labour MPs or Lib Dem MPs have made the same commitment although labour leader contenders have said they will "not be taking" theirs without expanding on that. David Cameron has said he is keeping his. George Kerevan SNP MP for East Lothian is only taking the average Scottish wage of £27k whilst using rest for local charities and office costs as he has income from journalism and the work he did as an economist

It's all very well saying you're going to do something, but where do we check they are actually giving this money to charity and it isn't just hyperbole.

Maybe you can also explain why Dr Monaghan prefers to engage with abusive non constituents than his own polite but asking difficult question constituents.

I also read that the Northern Times ran an article on him employing his brother as communications manager it seems from what's been reported here that this has been advertised on his Facebook page along with his new office opening, that's hardly working in the best interests of all your constituents by limiting the access using your Facebook to announce or advertise. Starts to seems it's for friends and family only.

davth
23-Jul-15, 11:06

talk is cheap, lets see the proof.

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 11:10
No matter which party you choose be it Tory, Labour, Lib Dem or SNP. None of them have been that successful, had they been there would be no child poverty or food banks. If they were a business, they would have failed miserably, and the people responsible for this failure would have been sacked. Yet year on year their pay just keeps on rising. I wonder what qualifications you need to become an MP, or MSP, and how many years training it takes to do this valuable (!) job. I bet it's far less than what it takes to be a nurse. I worked in a book shop that was based at Abertay University in Dundee, and used to speak to nurses (in training) there. Some of them had two jobs just to keep their heads above water.

No matter what political party any of you support, it's not fair really, is it?

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 11:14
According to statements issued by Paul the MP : Mr Monaghan (49) said he advertised the constituency communications manager position and attracted a lot of applicants for the job.
He said his brother went through the same process as any other candidate, which included an interview. He was offered the post, according to Mr Monaghan, as he was the most qualified candidate.
“All of the positions I have filled have been advertised,” he said.

A few journalists on Twitter are pointing out that the job Dr Pauls brother got, wasn' tofficially advertised - expect a few reports over the coming days!

Fulmar
23-Jul-15, 11:28
cptdodger, you are right, I agree with your comments above. As an individual, it is easy to feel powerless to change things but there are ways and means, so I find at least. They are little drops in the ocean but hopefully do some good and all over the UK, there are people working away to make a difference. The trouble is, big government often doesn't help but seems hellbent on making things worse. I still feel that the prime responsibility of those in power is to look after the people they represent and all we can do is vote for those whom we feel are most likely to bring this about or whose heart is in the right place and not just in it for themselves.
Going back to P.M. whom this thread is about, I do not know what to think. He may have been guilty of a great error of judgement, he may not have known what kind of person he was supporting or, he may have approved etc. I have no way of knowing. He has said that he abhors racism and hatred of any kind and I have to hope that he means that and is telling the truth as he is now my MP. But without knowing the truth, I think that the petition is a mis-judgement and I could not sign it.
Jesus said, 'let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone' (at the poor woman 'caught in adultery'). Everyone does thoughtless and even stupid and ill-judged things that they regret from time to time but very hopefully they learn from it and if this is what P.M. has done in the heat of a 'Twitter' moment and it does not reflect his deep down beliefs and views, then I think it would be best to move on from it. I will form an opinion of P.M. based on his track record over the next 5 years when the time is up- that's if I'm still here, of course!

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 12:01
cptdodger, you are right, I agree with your comments above. As an individual, it is easy to feel powerless to change things but there are ways and means, so I find at least. They are little drops in the ocean but hopefully do some good and all over the UK, there are people working away to make a difference. The trouble is, big government often doesn't help but seems hellbent on making things worse. I still feel that the prime responsibility of those in power is to look after the people they represent and all we can do is vote for those whom we feel are most likely to bring this about or whose heart is in the right place and not just in it for themselves.
Going back to P.M. whom this thread is about, I do not know what to think. He may have been guilty of a great error of judgement, he may not have known what kind of person he was supporting or, he may have approved etc. I have no way of knowing. He has said that he abhors racism and hatred of any kind and I have to hope that he means that and is telling the truth as he is now my MP. But without knowing the truth, I think that the petition is a mis-judgement and I could not sign it.
Jesus said, 'let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone' (at the poor woman 'caught in adultery'). Everyone does thoughtless and even stupid and ill-judged things that they regret from time to time but very hopefully they learn from it and if this is what P.M. has done in the heat of a 'Twitter' moment and it does not reflect his deep down beliefs and views, then I think it would be best to move on from it. I will form an opinion of P.M. based on his track record over the next 5 years when the time is up- that's if I'm still here, of course!

Im sure the man is not rascist or sexist, but he should not have had anything to do with the twitter nonsense which happened in the election run up where many cyber nats were doing the dirty work with party officials standing back, not wanting to get their hands dirty...he didnt, he took part as his comments though not rascist or sexist, obvioulsy endorsed / supported the activities of the twitter person in question...thats a fact for all to see, the petition is politically motivated and should be seen in this way.....but if he employed his brother without a proper interview process and lied about it....then he has brought trouble on himself. Like you I believe he has to be judged on his record, and to me primarily then on his efforts to bring work north not focus soley on the attrition the SNP are engaging on in westminster. Bad start for the guy Id say !

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 12:41
The problem is, people tend to remember things, look at Nick Clegg and the tuition fees, Lib Dem were blown out of the water at the last election, I do'nt think that helped him to be honest. As I have said, they (who are in the public eye) have to be extremely careful, in anything they do. In this guys case, twitter has tripped him up and hiring his brother was probably not his best choice so far. This could very well come back to haunt him in 5 years time.

TomAndrew
23-Jul-15, 12:58
I came on here to find out what the paper was on about and was told to try caithnes org. since doing so there has been suggestion that Im a fake person! i didnt realise i have to use a different name apart from the one i was given by my parents. I think its a bit of a cheek when some on here use names such as better together ( not that im getting at you personally before this gets out of hand) I like to know what is going on in the area especially if im thinking on taking my family up to live as well! From what i can see i agree i would be giving this guy a fair opinion on how he is as a MP for the next 5 years. Its very easy to find out things and did find the last MP had an office in london not his constituency. so far this new guy appears to be easier to contact and employed local people even if it is his brother. I think no matter what he does he will get people that will find fault and very bitter towards him. he should maybe employ some of these people to do a bit of research into any twitter followers and authorise if its safe to comments on things. Anyway hope you all manage to get appointments with him to air any problems, i might even go see him myself to make better judgement.

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 13:11
I came on here to find out what the paper was on about and was told to try caithnes org. since doing so there has been suggestion that Im a fake person! i didnt realise i have to use a different name apart from the one i was given by my parents. I think its a bit of a cheek when some on here use names such as better together ( not that im getting at you personally before this gets out of hand) I like to know what is going on in the area especially if im thinking on taking my family up to live as well! From what i can see i agree i would be giving this guy a fair opinion on how he is as a MP for the next 5 years. Its very easy to find out things and did find the last MP had an office in london not his constituency. so far this new guy appears to be easier to contact and employed local people even if it is his brother. I think no matter what he does he will get people that will find fault and very bitter towards him. he should maybe employ some of these people to do a bit of research into any twitter followers and authorise if its safe to comments on things. Anyway hope you all manage to get appointments with him to air any problems, i might even go see him myself to make better judgement.

"he should maybe employ some of these people to do a bit of research into any twitter followers and authorise if its safe to comments on things" agree he was stupid to become involved as its blown up in is face, employing his brother well...he is on record as saying the post was advertised etc...now it seems from sources that the post wasnt...so if theres any truth here the guy is digging a hole...but .like you I agree primarily he must be judged on his and his parties record.

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 13:13
The problem is, people tend to remember things, look at Nick Clegg and the tuition fees, Lib Dem were blown out of the water at the last election, I do'nt think that helped him to be honest. As I have said, they (who are in the public eye) have to be extremely careful, in anything they do. In this guys case, twitter has tripped him up and hiring his brother was probably not his best choice so far. This could very well come back to haunt him in 5 years time.

Yes and you have to "kill" the stories as the media are on to him..he could be found to be 100% innocent but mud sticks in politics.

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 13:25
Yes and you have to "kill" the stories as the media are on to him..he could be found to be 100% innocent but mud sticks in politics.

How many people out there just read this - SNP MP tells racist cybernat to "keep it up" - The Scotsman (I found that on Google) and moved on. It does'nt matter whether it's true or not, that's the impression they have of this man now. Why bother hiring anybody to research his followers on twitter, he has had his fingers burned, he should learn from that - and close his account down.

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 13:35
I came on here to find out what the paper was on about and was told to try caithnes org. since doing so there has been suggestion that Im a fake person! i didnt realise i have to use a different name apart from the one i was given by my parents. I think its a bit of a cheek when some on here use names such as better together ( not that im getting at you personally before this gets out of hand)

Just to clarify, my partner joined Caithness.org, so this is his username, the powers that be on here do'nt like my e mail address, so I could'nt join personally. I have never hidden who I am and if somebody asked me I would tell them. Having said that, I do'nt use my real surname on Facebook (my friends know it's me!) that's due to working in the Security industry for a number of years, and not particularly wanting certain people to find me ! There's all manner of reasons people use different usernames, that's just mine.

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 14:54
The problem lay that our duly elected MP may have had his fingers burned by using Twitter and encouraging a cyber troll, but he is beginning to gain notoriety as his past is now coming up also the vexatious complaints he made which are mentioned earlier.

The problems with the police and emails it seems problems follow this man about.

I've had it mentioned elsewhere there are other stories about care homes and family but haven't found out about those as of yet.

If it where just one incident in a glorious career one may be inclined to forgive and forget but this is now starting to show he has form for poor judgment.

Let alone his growing reputation for blocking his own constituents and chatting away with abusive trolls which he was still doing up till yesterday.

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 15:06
It never ceases to amaze me what arrives in my inbox!

Seems this would be the self same Dr Paul Monaghan in a previous incarnation.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12101399.Social_workers_move_in_to_care_home_after _abuse_claims/

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 15:12
It also appears he has previous track record for made up names and being a naughty boy.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/exclusive-police-probe-their-own-policy-expert-985519

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 15:23
Apparently this is what Dr Monaghan thinks of No voters ..I'm outraged by this one !

https://mobile.twitter.com/_PaulMonaghan/status/504612138120654848

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNPfail/status/623978227204235264/photo/1

This man is supposed to represent all his constituents but tweets this sort of thing to the general population how can we have faith in him !

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 15:30
Apparently this is what Dr Monaghan thinks of No voters ..I'm outraged by this one !

(https://mobile.twitter.com/SNPfail/status/623978227204235264/photo/1)

This man is supposed to represent all his constituents but tweets this sort of thing to the general population how can we have faith in him !

All the people that voted for him, defend him now, that's what I expect from some idiot on Facebook, not an MP. Or has this been taken out of context as well ? !

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 15:54
ooh i can't wait to see what else lands in your inbox, i'm hanging in here in suspense.....

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 15:55
ooh i can't wait to see what else lands in your inbox, i'm hanging in here in suspense..... I take it you find his tweets acceptable then ?

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 16:04
I take it you find his tweets acceptable then ?

What part of "I really don't care" in an earlier post i made don't you grasp. You are conducting nothing less than a hate campaign on here and i really don't think it is what Caithness.org. is for. Keep it up though, i find it hilarious and if you need a battery powered spade to keep digging for you whilst you have a well-earned rest from typing and email inbox reading then i'll happily lend you one i found in a joke shop. It was on the shelf beside the rubber pencils and inflatable fireguards.

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:07
QUOTE=BetterTogether;1124853]Apparently this is what Dr Monaghan thinks of No voters ..I'm outraged by this one !

This man is supposed to represent all his constituents but tweets this sort of thing to the general population how can we have faith in him ![/QUOTE]

This is unbelievable behaviour from an elected official........no matter who you voted for

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:15
What part of "I really don't care" in an earlier post i made don't you grasp. You are conducting nothing less than a hate campaign on here and i really don't think it is what Caithness.org. is for. Keep it up though, i find it hilarious and if you need a battery powered spade to keep digging for you whilst you have a well-earned rest from typing and email inbox reading then i'll happily lend you one i found in a joke shop. It was on the shelf beside the rubber pencils and inflatable fireguards.

Chocolate tea pots...pots...kettles.....black ???

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 16:18
Isn't it amazing how SNP supporters feel it's quite ok to run media campaigns against other party members that don't fit their agenda and are constantly outraged etc etc by any small transisition of what would generally be considered acceptable standards of behaviour for an elected official.

But when it comes to their own nothing must be said, not a word mentioned on how their standards really don't match up to those we expect from the people paid to represent us the people.

Dual standards so much for the free fair society with higher standards than other parties.

Any other MP who had this would be suspended at least but no no we can't mention a word of an issue that's been in the National and Local Press as its a " hate campaign ".

Here's the reality he's marked himself no one forced him to send those messages, no one has put themselves up to a higher standard of scrutiny.

What he has done it brought the whole thing down on his own head and like with any other politician from any other party, it stops when it stops when all the dirty laundry is out and washed very publicly to the publics satisfaction.

He has stood for parliament as an MP for a Party that claims to be very different well the truth is coming out, because I can honestly say I've never seen any MP from any Party send out such shameful outrageous tweets.

Shaggy may not like it or not care that's his/her prerogative but the press is onto him the articles and tweets are all public domain and all he does by deleting stuff is make himself look more and more guilty and less and less suitable for office.

Meanwhile look at the number of views this thread has had compared to others, it's being read people are taking notice and that is good for the org.

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:23
Isn't it amazing how SNP supporters feel it's quite ok to run media campaigns against other party members that don't fit their agenda and are constantly outraged etc etc by any small transisition of what would generally be considered acceptable standards of behaviour for an elected official.

But when it comes to their own nothing must be said, not a word mentioned on how their standards really don't match up to those we expect from the people paid to represent us the people.

Dual standards so much for the free fair society with higher standards than other parties.

Any other MP who had this would be suspended at least but no no we can't mention a word of an issue that's been in the National and Local Press as its a " hate campaign ".

Here's the reality he's marked himself no one forced him to send those messages, no one has put themselves up to a higher standard of scrutiny.

What he has done it brought the whole thing down on his own head and like with any other politician from any other party, it stops when it stops when all the dirty laundry is out and washed very publicly to the publics satisfaction.

He has stood for parliament as an MP for a Party that claims to be very different well the truth is coming out, because I can honestly say I've never seen any MP from any Party send out such shameful outrageous tweets.

The joys of a one party state eh.......he can do what he wants.....rubbing peoples faces in the dirt.............cos he has the power........so dont expect any disciplinary stuff to be publicised.... no doubt someone will have a word in his ear.......( behind closed doors of courses )...or maybe not......

PS I never look at twitter.....so blissfully unaware of "tweets" ......I can see our Paulie now twitting garbage with one hand and playing with his x box with his other hand whilst gazing gleefully at his MP's salary on his digital bank account.....constituents who are they ?

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 16:27
Chocolate tea pots...pots...kettles.....black ???

oh Rob, behave, you are awful, but i like it :-) oh wait....you mentioned a colour there, was that a racist and derogatory comment?

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:28
oh Rob, behave, you are awful, but i like it :-) oh wait....you mentioned a colour there, was that a racist and derogatory comment?

Nah....its football ya daftie....half of Wick Academys strip you know....black and white....THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 16:30
The joys of a one party state eh.......he can do what he wants.....rubbing peoples faces in the dirt.............cos he has the power........so dont expect any disciplinary stuff to be publicised.... no doubt someone will have a word in his ear.......( behind closed doors of courses )...or maybe not......PS I never look at twitter.....so blissfully unaware of "tweets" ......I can see our Paulie now twitting garbage with one hand and playing with his x box with his other hand whilst gazing gleefully at his MP's salary on his digital bank account.....constituents who are they ?He doesn't like to tweet with his constituents unless they are pro SNP if not he just blocks them.

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 16:33
He doesn't like to tweet with his constituents unless they are pro SNP if not he just blocks them.

I would block you too.......but then i'd miss having a laugh at your comments. I laugh at my own but only because nobody else does.

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:41
I would block you too.......but then i'd miss having a laugh at your comments. I laugh at my own but only because nobody else does.

I laugh as well !!lol lol lol

rob murray
23-Jul-15, 16:42
He doesn't like to tweet with his constituents unless they are pro SNP if not he just blocks them.

How would he know though.... I could tweet him if I knew how to...he wouldnt no Im a no guy would he ??? In fact theres so little people posting these days say 10 at most on general topics that whose to say its a couple of people using diffeent names ?? Anywy this site is definitly turning people off.

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 16:48
I laugh as well !!lol lol lol

Why thank you so much Rob, awfully good of you :-)

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 16:52
With over 3000 views in 3 days people may not be posting but they are definitely reading the board.

It's very easy to say politics is boring or just make disparaging remarks about others posts but the reality is people find politics interesting they just don't always like to enter the arena.

I've spoke to a number of people who read the org but won't post because of what happened during the referendum and all the bannings. Not everyone is comfortable voicing themselves but quite happily read and use the discussions to form opinion.
Squidge normally puts her side of the debate quite robustly as do Rob and myself there has to be balance so a few others have filled the void.

At the moment Scotland is highly politicised and the topics are current up to date and generally robustly and respectfully debated.

That in my opinion puts the org at the heart of the community and subjects which are up to date current and interesting.

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 16:54
sorry, come again? whats up to date about a 1995 newspaper clip about Paul Monaghan? oh, i see, it's relevant to the bul err current topic then

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 16:56
sorry, come again? whats up to date about a 1995 newspaper clip about Paul Monaghan? oh, i see, it's relevant to the bul err current topic thenIt's all about his character shaggy that's what happens when you enter the public arena and put yourself on a pedestal, your past follows you.

cptdodger
23-Jul-15, 16:59
How would he know though.... I could tweet him if I knew how to...he wouldnt no Im a no guy would he ??? In fact theres so little people posting these days say 10 at most on general topics that whose to say its a couple of people using diffeent names ?? Anywy this site is definitly turning people off.

I think we should go back to discussing the Clearances !!

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 17:07
It's all about his character shaggy that's what happens when you enter the public arena and put yourself on a pedestal, your past follows you.

I would say that it's more "once you are on the pedestal, your past is dug up in order to smear you because you got the top spot and the one digging and smearing didn't" wouldn't you say. If someone got to the top position they are in now and a sore loser didn't then it's obvious that the sore loser is doing all they can to discredit the winners position. Hey, i just realised....Are you intending running for his spot if he gets the boot?

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 17:30
Firstly I've no intention of standing for any political position not now not ever plain and simple.

If you're campaigning to protect the vulnerable,disadvantaged and poor but have something like the article on your previous behaviour in the background it may seem there is a certain amount of hypocrisy and opportunism to your statements than actual heartfelt decisions.

Let's be quite honest here he reads prepared speeches that have gone through and been approved by party central, how much of the real man and his own opinions we see is a matter of conjecture. His tweets show a less than desirable side to our local MP if it where any other party the SNP voters would be baying for blood and resignations.

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 19:13
aye, you could say the exact same about creepy Jim Murphy with regards to a dubious history and porkie telling etc etc....look where it got him too! but then again, starting a thread about a Labour candidate isn't anywhere near as much fun....is it?

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 19:49
aye, you could say the exact same about creepy Jim Murphy with regards to a dubious history and porkie telling etc etc....look where it got him too! but then again, starting a thread about a Labour candidate isn't anywhere near as much fun....is it?Fair point if you can point me in the direction of a Labour MP or any other party representing Caithness & Sutherland displaying the same behaviour I'd be more than happy to do the same thing....oh no you can't as its Dr P Monaghan who is our elected representative .

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 20:15
Fair point if you can point me in the direction of a Labour MP or any other party representing Caithness & Sutherland

i'm terribly sorry old bean but i just can't possibly do that.....y'see there was an election a wee whiley back and the SNP had...jings...jeepers...crivvens...a landslide victory..omg!! and ousted all the unwanted self-serving wasters such as Danny "double chin" Alexander, John "i'm alright bud" Sincl... oops Thurso, and the other useless politicians who dared to think the Scottish electorate were stupid.....but you have got something right about Dr Paul Monaghan.....He is indeed our elected representative and i'm sure he was elected on what he can do for the area rather than his mid-life crisis past screwups.
Easiest way to look at it is to ask yourself who do you see being elected to represent the area next time the election comes around. Can you guarantee a representative with a squeaky clean starched shirt past??....Wouldn't surprise me if he won again.....but as i said earlier, i really don't care!

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 20:27
For someone who keeps reiterating they don't care you seem to expend an awful lot of energy defending Dr Monaghan are you sure you don't work for him, hoping to work for him, have a vested interest in keeping in his seat regardless of what he says or does as long as he is SNP ? Or maybe you're just happy with the same old same old behaviour from MPs

Shaggy
23-Jul-15, 20:36
For someone who keeps reiterating they don't care you seem to expend an awful lot of energy defending Dr Monaghan are you sure you don't work for him, hoping to work for him, have a vested interest in keeping in his seat regardless of what he says or does as long as he is SNP ? Or maybe you're just happy with the same old same old behaviour from MPs

Lol talk about me reiterating and expending an awful lot of energy? i could say the same about you and your incessant postings oh and that wonderful inbox which by now must be bursting at the seems with juicy gossip. why not tab over and see if there is any new morsel of distrust or scandalous outcry that you can entertain us with.......Oh and to reiterate once more (am i being repetitive? i'm learning from you, you are a great teacher!), i really don't care, honest guv and as for defending him, working for him or having a vested interest in his affairs?......nah i'm just used to the whole bunch by now so makes no odds to me who runs the show and as long as they give me a few good laughs along the way i'm good. When the time comes i shall be departing this wonderful country i was born and brought up in and fly away to a far off land where my plundered and meagre pension fund will see me through to the end of my days and with my last breath, i'll chuckle and think of you

sids
23-Jul-15, 21:50
i'm terribly sorry old bean but i just can't possibly do that.....y'see there was an election a wee whiley back and the SNP had...jings...jeepers...crivvens...a landslide victory..

The SNP won second place in the Opposition.

BetterTogether
23-Jul-15, 23:34
The SNP won second place in the Opposition.Third behind labour !

sids
23-Jul-15, 23:50
Third behind labour !

Labour is number one opposition party.

Murdo
24-Jul-15, 08:43
Sadly, more like the headless chicken party at the moment

BetterTogether
24-Jul-15, 08:51
Well the problem is they have shown themselves as a party that is purely opportunistic and lacking in principles when they started dipping their toes in matters which are purely English matters instead of sticking to their guns and keeping to issues which affect Scotland.

For a party which permantely throw the words opportunistic and outrageous about they are showing themselves to be absolutely no different.

All Nicola Sturgeons hyperbole in the National Media about unacceptable behaviour has shown itself to be no more tha hollow words as the Dr Monaghan debacle shows us.

Action taken non, public apology Non...so it's all just empty meaningless words to appease the public.

BetterTogether
24-Jul-15, 09:36
THIRTY per cent of enquiries to Caithness Sutherland and East Ross MP, Paul Monaghan have come from people in Wick. That statistic was revealed by the SNP far north representative in response to a claim he has not held a surgery in the town since being elected on May 7

Nothing like not answering the question, 30% of enquiries from Wick no mention of Thurso and no mention of when his surgery was or will be held !

Meanwhile he avoids the bulk of his constituents and expects people to do a 2.5hr round trip to Brora or just ignores or blocks them on social media when they ask questions !

Shaggy
24-Jul-15, 10:03
....oh well, never mind, it will no doubt change come the next election then we can all froth at the mouth again on here for a few months whilst i chuckle to myself because i just don't...ach you know what :-).

Looks like it might be a rainy day today, i might just go and feed the wild birds (not the scorries mind you, they don't deserve my fresh home made bread...oh no..) then i'll follow it up with a nice fresh brewed cup of Fazenda Chapata ground coffee and a piece of blowtorched home made bread and local delicacy butter then i'll kick back, relax and maybe tend the crops on my farmville game...or i might just blow a few aliens away on my online sci-fi game.....either way it has to be more entertaining than wasting any more time on this thread.

rob murray
24-Jul-15, 12:55
I think we should go back to discussing the Clearances !!

See my thread on history.....

Fulmar
24-Jul-15, 13:29
When the time comes i shall be departing this wonderful country i was born and brought up in and fly away to a far off land where my plundered and meagre pension fund will see me through to the end of my days and with my last breath, i'll chuckle and think of you

It seems that you are planning on deserting us so I guess that explains your cynicism and 'don't care' attitude'. I hope that you find that utopia to retire to and be very happy with the politicians in your new abode. Do let us know where that wonderful place and government is located- as I expect you will be subjected to governance there.
For myself, I'm sticking with the old place and doing my best to make it better (by helping others) in any ways that I can think of and that's what makes me happy.

rob murray
24-Jul-15, 14:44
When the time comes i shall be departing this wonderful country i was born and brought up in and fly away to a far off land where my plundered and meagre pension fund will see me through to the end of my days and with my last breath, i'll chuckle and think of you

It seems that you are planning on deserting us so I guess that explains your cynicism and 'don't care' attitude'. I hope that you find that utopia to retire to and be very happy with the politicians in your new abode. Do let us know where that wonderful place and government is located- as I expect you will be subjected to governance there.
For myself, I'm sticking with the old place and doing my best to make it better (by helping others) in any ways that I can think of and that's what makes me happy.

I heard North Korea is great for retirement

davth
24-Jul-15, 18:27
Only 67 signatures to go until the 500 target

https://www.change.org/p/nicola-sturgeon-for-the-immediate-dismissal-of-dr-paul-monaghan-mp?recruiter=272367486&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=mob-md-google-no_msg

RWB
24-Jul-15, 19:07
and then what ? this insignificant petition has taken 4 days to attract a meager 500 signatures, not just in Scotland, but from across the UK

looks like it's not been the scandal SNP opponents were hoping for

check online, there's only 2 national newspapers running this 'story' .... why so few i wonder ?

BetterTogether
27-Jul-15, 12:07
Im wondering when he will disclose his crowd funded donations.

Let's help they are all above board and legitimate and there aren't undeclared donations within.

Meanwhile on social media he's gone silent probably waiting for the furore to die down.

Plus, 30% of what? Is he trying to hide actual numbers behind dimensionless statistics?

And, is He really saying that a town with less than 10% of the constituency is providing 30% of inquiries?

rob murray
27-Jul-15, 15:08
Im not sure what will happen here ie if you get 500 signatures do you want Sturgeon to conduct an enquiry ? This will be done in house, suitable words used etc...you cannot realistically expect Sturgeon to sack the guy...then what... replace him with another party member or do you hold a by election and he is replaced by another SNP cadnidate....cos no one else from any other party will come close to the SNP majority. Keep yer powder dry and come the next election all this cyber stuff can be used against the guy ?

cptdodger
27-Jul-15, 15:32
Im not sure what will happen here ie if you get 500 signatures do you want Sturgeon to conduct an enquiry ? This will be done in house, suitable words used etc...you cannot realistically expect Sturgeon to sack the guy...then what... replace him with another party member or do you hold a by election and he is replaced by another SNP cadnidate....cos no one else from any other party will come close to the SNP majority. Keep yer powder dry and come the next election all this cyber stuff can be used against the guy ?

I would say, going by what she (the person that started the petition) said, she wants him sacked, I'm not quite sure what other outcome she would be after. If Sturgeon, as you say conducted an enquiry, and nothing came of it (ie all he got was a quiet slap on the hand) that would'nt do.

Did you see Salmond on the television yesterday saying another referendum is inevitable?

This is from the BBC Website - "Shadow Scottish Secretary Ian Murray said: "Nicola Sturgeon promised people in Scotland that the referendum was a once in a lifetime event, yet today she can't even rule out another vote being in the SNP's manifesto next year."

That about sums it up !!

rob murray
27-Jul-15, 15:43
I would say, going by what she (the person that started the petition) said, she wants him sacked, I'm not quite sure what other outcome she would be after. If Sturgeon, as you say conducted an enquiry, and nothing came of it (ie all he got was a quiet slap on the hand) that would'nt do.

Did you see Salmond on the television yesterday saying another referendum is inevitable?

This is from the BBC Website - "Shadow Scottish Secretary Ian Murray said: "Nicola Sturgeon promised people in Scotland that the referendum was a once in a lifetime event, yet today she can't even rule out another vote being in the SNP's manifesto next year."

That about sums it up !!

See new thread referendum 2.....there is no way Monaghan would be sacked that would be them admitting that their candidate diligence / selection process was wrong...he stays, the issue if any, is dealt with behind closed doors, a wee skelp on the lug and off goes Paulie boy with his £65k plus expenses plus office expenses in his hipper !

TomAndrew
28-Jul-15, 21:15
Just noticed no Facebook he has a surgery in wick next month incase you want to put it in your diary, will be interesting to hear how you get on!

BetterTogether
28-Jul-15, 21:38
Just noticed no Facebook he has a surgery in wick next month incase you want to put it in your diary, will be interesting to hear how you get on!Seems a shame he is so reluctant to engage with his constituents one would of thought the Org would be the perfect place for him to notify us of his surgeries rather than a vicarious posting on here by someone viewing his Facebook page. He has employed his brother who is an expert on social media I'm surprised there isn't some representation on here as he seems quite adept at using Twitter and Facebook. Odd that !

cptdodger
28-Jul-15, 21:49

Just noticed no Facebook he has a surgery in wick next month incase you want to put it in your diary, will be interesting to hear how you get on!

The only reason I would want to see this "man" is to get an apology for the above, but as I think that is highly unlikely, I would'nt waste the petrol.

BetterTogether
31-Jul-15, 20:06
It would appear that Hell must of Frozen over at some stage but no ones informed us about it. Or someone's being a wee bit hypocritical on their oath swearing to the queen

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 20:14
It would appear that Hell must of Frozen over at some stage but no ones informed us about it. Or someone's being a wee bit hypocritical on their oath swearing to the queen

Anyone who now supports this man is a complete and utter moron...and Im being polite here...how the hell anyone can support this compete and utter idiot is quiet beyond me..anyone who voted for this plonker is a complete and utter sucker......a brainless twisted moron trousering at least double what he would earn in civi street laughing all the way to the bank ( wi his private banking card ) NO voters....the idiot has no brain...still in a brainless party he fits in very well..... Dr....my backside !!!

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 20:21
from the good Paulie "doctor ( I wonder if he can fix my veruca's ? ) "It is not possible to be a decent person and vote no"....... get lost you complete and utter non entity ...who the hell voted this complete idiot....is this where we are.... voting in monkeys wearin kilts......only he disnae even wear a kilt..so thats what "our" ( not mine ) MP thinks of the democratic process.... ! Where is this going !!! an mp cyber trol...

BetterTogether
31-Jul-15, 20:24
I'd urge you to try find evidence of the public advertising for the job he gave to his brother doesn't seem anyone can find it.

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 20:36
I'd urge you to try find evidence of the public advertising for the job he gave to his brother doesn't seem anyone can find it.

Doesnt surprise me.....absolute power ...absolutely corrupts.......the bloke is a twisted liar, a cyber nat....and I defy anyone to come on here supporting the non entity given his twitter postings,open support for sexist homophic twisted SNP cyber trolls, and his complete and utter neglect of constituents.....I suppose he is a good crack in a bar....so he should be at £65k he has plenty of our dough to buy pals.....

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 20:41
The only reason I would want to see this "man" is to get an apology for the above, but as I think that is highly unlikely, I would'nt waste the petrol.

This is absolutely unbeliveable...and personally insulting surely his only rationale behind his continued "slagging of no voters" is to keep in with the sucker yessers who voted him in....surely he cant be so damn stupid as to alienate no voters in his constituency ? A but as is said absolute power...absolutely corrupts....

cptdodger
31-Jul-15, 20:54
It's this, that is to me, unforgivable referring to anybody or anything - "From Bad To Worse - SNP MP Paul Monaghan likens No Voters to Britain First Neo-N****. " Forgive me for being a bit slow, but, he is the second person that has likened No voters to that party, I honestly do'nt get the connection.

rob murray
31-Jul-15, 21:00
It's this, that is to me, unforgivable referring to anybody or anything - "From Bad To Worse - SNP MP Paul Monaghan likens No Voters to Britain First Neo-N****. " Forgive me for being a bit slow, but, he is the second person that has likened No voters to that party, I honestly do'nt get the connection.

The guy is a moron, absolute power /absolute corruption.....I get the connection...its the lowest form of low life insult he and his tribe can through at no voters....he is so thick he doesn't even get the irony......

cptdodger
31-Jul-15, 21:11
I can't even bring myself to write the word, I find it that insulting. Nicola Sturgeon is in China proudly telling them how well the Referendum went -

"Ms Sturgeon referred to the process as "the beacon of peaceful democratic debate" which had reawakened interest in politics and strengthened Scotland."

That shows you how far removed she is from reality, if she thinks it strengthened Scotland.