PDA

View Full Version : Vista problem

scaraben
13-Apr-07, 08:29
Just recently I bought a Dell Dimension E520 Basic which is installed with the new Vista operational programme.
I am absolutely delighted with the machine, but I have..... ( Ah here we go !! ) one little anoyance that I'd like to eradiate if anyone can tell me how to do it.
Each time I connect to the internet via my Speedtouch connection a window appears asking me to type in my Password. I would like to know how can I tell my computer to remember the password thus avoiding this procedure every time I open up the internet.

Bobinovich
13-Apr-07, 22:07
I'm just surprised you've managed to get a Speedtouch modem to work with Vista in the first place :eek: - as per my recent post (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=202183&postcount=2) there appears to be numerous driver issues with pre-Vista USB ADSL modems.

There's usually a little 'Remember Password' tick box you can tick before connecting which remembers your password for future connections.

Alternatively you could also possibly do it by editing the properties of the connection in Control Panel > Network Connections (well it that's XP!). However, not having a Vista system in front of me I can't give you the exact steps for this.

johno
30-Apr-07, 22:13
I'm just surprised you've managed to get a Speedtouch modem to work with Vista in the first place :eek: - as per my recent post (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=202183&postcount=2) there appears to be numerous driver issues with pre-Vista USB ADSL modems.

There's usually a little 'Remember Password' tick box you can tick before connecting which remembers your password for future connections.

Alternatively you could also possibly do it by editing the properties of the connection in Control Panel > Network Connections (well it that's XP!). However, not having a Vista system in front of me I can't give you the exact steps for this.
hi im running vista with a thompson speedtouch 330 modem with no trouble at all.it is a bit of a pain getting on line [about 2mins] but once on, easy. i am however getting
a netgear router with built in modem so i can be permenantly on and hopefully it,ll be just straight on

Bobinovich
30-Apr-07, 22:50
Not biased at all (:Razz) but good choice with the Netgear - my own product of choice. I'd imagine that having to wait 2 minutes for an ADSL connection is quite a bind :eek:!!!

johno
04-May-07, 22:02
Not biased at all (:Razz) but good choice with the Netgear - my own product of choice. I'd imagine that having to wait 2 minutes for an ADSL connection is quite a bind :eek:!!!
hi now that ive got the router & its set up i cannot get onto the internet unless i use fire fox, im with aol but their browser doesnt work. when i log on it goes through the process and freezes on pass word. i have phoned aol and went through the process with them but it seems that soms acl file is missing. im on vista but that & the router appears to be working. aol is sending me the disc for aol vr but im already on that havingh downloaded it from the net. ??router is a[dg834]

Bobinovich
04-May-07, 22:28
Have PM'd you