PDA

View Full Version : House Prices

dragonfly
10-May-05, 22:52
now you can see how much your neighbours paid for their houses :eek:

http://www.nethouseprices.com/ (remember to put a tick in the Scotland box)

DrSzin
11-May-05, 00:23
Thanks, that's really useful. :D

But not all house sales are listed. It lists the selling price of our next-door-neighbour on one side (the one I already knew from 2002), but not the one on the other side -- the one I don't know from 2003. :(

linzy222
11-May-05, 00:28
I think i will move to Bettyhill, see the prices there, and i will buy the kids a house each aswell LOL

Tristan
11-May-05, 08:07
Thanks, that's really useful. :D

But not all house sales are listed. It lists the selling price of our next-door-neighbour on one side (the one I already knew from 2002), but not the one on the other side -- the one I don't know from 2003. :(

Apparently it is only the house sales that are in the registry that are on the website. If a sale hasn't been registered (can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but apparently it happens) it won't be there. You can tell if your deed has been registered by looking at the back side of the last page - there will be a stamp and a number on it if it's been registered.

Alananders68
11-May-05, 21:30
That site is totally inaccurate, my house is listed as half what I paid for it and a quarter of what it is actually worth now, same applies for some others I know too, so it must just be made up.

champagnebaby
11-May-05, 21:34
Yeah it must be made up eh? :roll:

Mines was on it and it was spot on so was one of our neighbours.

Alananders68
11-May-05, 22:12
Fair do, but they got mine wrong and my aunties is wrong and a friends is wrong so they've either made some of them up, guessed, made errors, or been supplied with duff info.

Drutt
11-May-05, 22:33
That site is totally inaccurate, my house is listed as half what I paid for it and a quarter of what it is actually worth now, same applies for some others I know too, so it must just be made up.
Did you actually click on the entries to see the details, or write it off as soon as you saw the 'incorrect' numbers? When I looked up my old house, I found a 'value' for the house precisely between the price we paid for it and the price we sold it for - but both values were indicated and their appropriate date provided giving an indication of how the prices had changed. The devil's in the detail if you bother to look.

Fair do, but they got mine wrong and my aunties is wrong and a friends is wrong so they've either made some of them up, guessed, made errors, or been supplied with duff info.
Perhaps your aunt and your friend didn't want you to know their business and it's really you with the duff info?

champagnebaby
12-May-05, 02:29
Perhaps your aunt and your friend didn't want you to know their business and it's really you with the duff info?

At's more lek it

Alananders68
12-May-05, 10:36
I suppose that is possible, unlikely, but possible, after all I would never give anyone my true financial info. It doesn't explain though why my house is listed at around half what I paid for it and a quarter of it's actual value today.

Drutt
12-May-05, 11:45
I suppose that is possible, unlikely, but possible, after all I would never give anyone my true financial info. It doesn't explain though why my house is listed at around half what I paid for it and a quarter of it's actual value today.
Are you paying attention? The site's not there to list what house values are at this point in time. :roll:

It's there to indicate the precise amounts houses were sold for on the precise dates they were sold. If you click on the links, you'll see the details.

If the details are incorrect, then the incorrect details were provided by the estate agent/solicitor. Don't dismiss the site because you've not worked out how to interpret the information being provided. :roll:

kas
12-May-05, 22:50
All the prices (7) I have checked have been bang on.

~~Tides~~
12-May-05, 22:58
Hell! A house worth 2 million is Kirk Hill, Wick! Where is that?

Rubha_an_Tuir
12-May-05, 23:19
Just looked up what I paid, and it was £15,500 short of the mark I'm afraid. Got the date right within 2 week though. Oh how people will believe anything they read....

champagnebaby
13-May-05, 10:53
Hell! A house worth 2 million is Kirk Hill, Wick! Where is that?

That's the street where the police houses are, up on the hill overlooking the parish church - didna hink there was any worth £2mill up ere - shamone!!

Unless it's a house name called kirk hill???

Alananders68
13-May-05, 12:46
It's Kirk Lane that's listed for 2million, not Kirk Hill! and it's ground, not a house!

champagnebaby
13-May-05, 13:32
I'm amazed . . . . . . . . . . you're right for once alananders!!

~~Tides~~
13-May-05, 17:39
Thats what I thought. I dont think there are many 2 million pound residences in Caithness.

Alananders68
13-May-05, 17:44
I'm amazed . . . . . . . . . . you're right for once alananders!!
:lol:

Thats what I thought. I dont think there are many 2 million pound residences in Caithness.
I can think of several, i.e. Castle of Mey, Ackergill Tower, Pat Grants place might come close...

~~Tides~~
13-May-05, 18:05
As a business Akergill tower might be worth 2m but not as a property. Anyway, didnt they only pay about 90k for it?