PDA

View Full Version : The Northern Power House : Sturgeon

rob murray
14-Jul-15, 16:04
Today the First minister claimed Scotland is the 'northern powerhouse'. The First Minister set out how she wanted Scotland to be the best part of the United Kingdom to do business in and said having a strong and growing economy outside London and the south east "helps to rebalance the UK". “We can be partners in growing our respective economies - not competitors.” She added: “After all, the stronger all of our economies become - London, the north of England and Scotland - the better for all of us.

Very good stuff indeed.. but note the change in tone and language used though..... from, gimme FFA / independance.... to.....".she wanted Scotland to be the best part of the United Kingdom to do business in, having a strong and growing economy outside London and the south east "helps to rebalance the UK “We can be partners in growing our respective economies - not competitors. the stronger all of our economies become - London, the north of England and Scotland - the better for all of us.

Shes quite right with these remarks though on the money 100%, so I take it that this means she recognises that the timing fiscally is wrong for FFA / Independance and a job has to be done ie tackling current issues and re generating the economy...getting on with running the country and parking FFA / Independance for the time being, as that is what it sounds like to me..partners, the best part of the UK.... not competitors ?

Before Im shouted down......Its her words not mine !! see http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scotland-real-northern-powerhouse-says-sturgeon-1-3829954 Its merely my interpretation of what she is qouted as saying, quotes in all scottish papers on line and BBC carry exactly same language, augmented in some with anti austerity statements. Good to hear this from Sturgeon

Bystander1
14-Jul-15, 18:42
And I thought she was talking about the Northern Poorhouse cos that's where she is leading us