PDA

View Full Version : pass the antihistamines!

karia
12-Apr-07, 21:11
what is the cropping pattern for rape seed up there?

planning a trip, hopefully soon, but can't do the eye watering, nose
dripping, .. sneeze..Sneeze...SNeeze!

Don't want to leave it to autumn, but would like to get out of the car!

It's awful down here just now!

Got a brand new camera and would love to be able to use it without sneezing at the crucial moment.

Medically, i'm sorted..clarityn, rapityl eye drops, beconase..the lot!

Still doesn't work!

When is a safe time for us to visit?

Save my trip!

stratman
12-Apr-07, 21:15
I've come in tonight. I am sure I am midge bitten!!!! In April????

karia
12-Apr-07, 21:31
best believe it stratman!

I'm an april baby and my birthday cake usually gets snowed in!

Today i was lookin' out my summer tops and my insect sprays....

it's a whole new world out there!...

...pass the sunscreen !

K xx

Rheghead
12-Apr-07, 21:38
I haven't seen much rapeseed up here yet. Mind you I haven't been exclusively looking for it.

j4bberw0ck
12-Apr-07, 22:13
Nearest rapeseed I've seen while on my travels is about 20 miles north of Inverness, just after Evanton. Never seen any north of that, though mysteriously I did pull a rapeseed plant in full bloom out of a patch of weeds in my garden a few years ago. It was the yellow flowers that made me go look......

It must be the incontinent Invernessian bird life..... :lol: Thank heavens they don't drink 15 pints and eat a bucket of Indian food on a Friday night, too.

(Sorry squidge)

dunderheed
12-Apr-07, 22:16
now this might sound daft
is your hayfever grass pollen or other kinds of pollen based (belive it or not there is a difference)
if its both like mine its started already i've got eyes like a male dogs dangly bits (see no bad language there ) already and the sniffles have been going on for about two weeks , the sneezes started yesterday.

this is an improvement on last year when a certain trees pollen started flareing my sinuses in february

karia
12-Apr-07, 23:29
doesn't sound daft at all 'dunder' !

trees have been botherin' me for weeks..not nice even with the 'battery of chemicals' ..got my sunnies on already:cool: Can't see a bloomin' thing ! (emphasis on bloomin'!)

Come and smell the daisies..!?

Perhaps not...!

Ricco
13-Apr-07, 11:33
I know its a bit old fashioned... try smearing some vaseline round your nostrils (traps the pollen) and use some Optrex eye drops to cope with the eyes. I have started suffering from birch pollen allergy (and there's one in the back garden) and I find these treatments help a lot.