PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous George

crayola
09-Jul-15, 12:16
As usual, George Osborne wrong footed everyone with his clever budget yesterday. There was much good news for us all in there and it's good news for our nation. :)

Tam 2000
09-Jul-15, 13:16
There is a very old saying , you can hear the wind but you cannot see it.

Murdo
09-Jul-15, 13:27
So -- what was the good news then? . Smoke and mirrors in my opinion and the very poorest in our society are still being excluded.

Fulmar
09-Jul-15, 17:45
And here was me thinking that you must have been talking about Prince George who is at least is too wee (and too cute) to have caused anybody offence as yet!

Alrock
09-Jul-15, 17:55
& there was I thinking she was finally confessing her secret crush on George Galloway!

crayola
09-Jul-15, 18:00
George's actions will lead to increased pay and lower income tax for poorer workers. Lower corporation tax will be good for business and good for more jobs. Who isn't in favour of those with aspirations?

tonkatojo
09-Jul-15, 19:03
As usual, George Osborne wrong footed everyone with his clever budget yesterday. There was much good news for us all in there and it's good news for our nation. :)

Beware torys bearing gifts.

Alrock
09-Jul-15, 19:28
George's actions will lead to increased pay and lower income tax for poorer workers. Lower corporation tax will be good for business and good for more jobs. Who isn't in favour of those with aspirations?

Don't buy into the hype...

The poorest are the worst hit as expected from a tory government...

https://thepsychedelicsewingroom.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/hood_distributional_analysis-12.png

Liz
09-Jul-15, 19:57
Yes the budget is great if you aren't sick, disabled, poor or under 25!!!

sids
09-Jul-15, 20:45
Are we saying the budget is bad if you are holding your hand out?

rob murray
10-Jul-15, 10:44
FROM THE TORY BIBLE : THE TELEGRAPH : THE IFS TAKE ON THE BUDGET

George Osborne's claim that his Budget will make Britain a "lowertax" country has been cast into doubt after a respected economicforecaster said that the government will raise an additional £6.5billion a yearby 2020. The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that while Mr Osborne has givenbusinesses, the low-paid and middle class workers £8billion a year in tax cuts,he has also unveiled £14billion worth of tax rises.
The rise in taxes in the SummerBudget are nearly as much as his first Budget in 2010, when he increased VAT by2 per cent. The IFS was scathing about several of the tax rises, describingan £835million a year raid on buy-to-let investors as "nonsense" (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/budget/11729088/George-Osbornes-Budget-tax-raid-on-landlords-is-plain-wrong-IFS-warns.html)while condemning £1.2billion worth of cuts to pension tax relief as"difficult to justify". Paul Johnson, the head of theInstitute for Fiscal Studies, said: "The figures are quite clear this was a tax raising Budget, not quite consistent with with the boast that it was aimed at a lower tax country. "We told you before the election thatpost-election budgets tend to raise at least £5billion in tax, and this oneexpects to bring in a little more than that."
Mr Osborne said the income taxr elief enjoyed by landlords will be cut to the basic rate, which currently stands at 20pc. The measure, which will address "unfairnesses in propertytaxation", will be phased in "gradually" from 2017. However theInstitute for Fiscal Studies said that his "line of argument" is incorrect and that the more fundamental problem lies with the lack of housing.
The think tank also found that the first Conservative budget for nearly 20years was "regressive" and took "much more" from the poor than the rich.
It said that low paid workerswould be "unequivocally" worse off because the impact of £12billionworth of cuts to tax credits and other benefits outweighed the boost from the new national living wage.
Mr Johnson said: "Given thearray of benefits, it is not surprising that the changes overall areregressive, taking much more from poorer households than richer ones."
Hesaid that the national living wage "simply cannot provide full compensation for the majority of losses that will be experience by tax creditrecipients - that is just arithmetically impossible

weeker2014
10-Jul-15, 13:31
FROM THE TORY BIBLE : THE TELEGRAPH : THE IFS TAKE ON THE BUDGET

George Osborne's claim that his Budget will make Britain a "lowertax" country has been cast into doubt after a respected economicforecaster said that the government will raise an additional £6.5billion a yearby 2020. The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that while Mr Osborne has givenbusinesses, the low-paid and middle class workers £8billion a year in tax cuts,he has also unveiled £14billion worth of tax rises.
The rise in taxes in the SummerBudget are nearly as much as his first Budget in 2010, when he increased VAT by2 per cent. The IFS was scathing about several of the tax rises, describingan £835million a year raid on buy-to-let investors as "nonsense" (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/budget/11729088/George-Osbornes-Budget-tax-raid-on-landlords-is-plain-wrong-IFS-warns.html)while condemning £1.2billion worth of cuts to pension tax relief as"difficult to justify". Paul Johnson, the head of theInstitute for Fiscal Studies, said: "The figures are quite clear this was a tax raising Budget, not quite consistent with with the boast that it was aimed at a lower tax country. "We told you before the election thatpost-election budgets tend to raise at least £5billion in tax, and this oneexpects to bring in a little more than that."
Mr Osborne said the income taxr elief enjoyed by landlords will be cut to the basic rate, which currently stands at 20pc. The measure, which will address "unfairnesses in propertytaxation", will be phased in "gradually" from 2017. However theInstitute for Fiscal Studies said that his "line of argument" is incorrect and that the more fundamental problem lies with the lack of housing.
The think tank also found that the first Conservative budget for nearly 20years was "regressive" and took "much more" from the poor than the rich.
It said that low paid workerswould be "unequivocally" worse off because the impact of £12billionworth of cuts to tax credits and other benefits outweighed the boost from the new national living wage.
Mr Johnson said: "Given thearray of benefits, it is not surprising that the changes overall areregressive, taking much more from poorer households than richer ones."
Hesaid that the national living wage "simply cannot provide full compensation for the majority of losses that will be experience by tax creditrecipients - that is just arithmetically impossible

Would you please learn to put spaces in the appropriate places as your drivel is very hard to read as it is without your punctuation issues

rob murray
10-Jul-15, 13:49
Would you please learn to put spaces in the appropriate places as your drivel is very hard to read as it is without your punctuation issues

Sorry ....................................wont happen again sir

George Brims
16-Jul-15, 07:25
Clearly "your drivel is very hard to read" = "don't confuse me with facts as my mind is already made up". I had zero difficulty reading it.

Fulmar
16-Jul-15, 08:33
I had no difficulty reading it either and Rob Murray takes the trouble to post long articles and carry out research which I appreciate as I would not bother and glad that others do. Everyone makes punctuation and grammar errors occasionally, especially on a forum and no need to make an issue of it surely, nor to turn it into a hurtful attack. Anyway, these are not a problem in the above post.

rob murray
16-Jul-15, 09:49
I had no difficulty reading it either and Rob Murray takes the trouble to post long articles and carry out research which I appreciate as I would not bother and glad that others do. Everyone makes punctuation and grammar errors occasionally, especially on a forum and no need to make an issue of it surely, nor to turn it into a hurtful attack. Anyway, these are not a problem in the above post.

Many thanks george and fulmar, I was more "hurt" by the contemptous throw away "drivel" remark, as for punctuation and grammer...sorry...most of it was copied direct from The Telegraph on line and pasted, I mean the last time I got a roaring for my grammer was from Bella Millne at Wick HIgh lol lol lol As I said its not my drivel it came from The Telegraph, maybe the geezer that tried putting the boot in me should contact them and ask for their sources if he is that concerned. Ive also been told to get out and go south if I dont like it etc etc by another poster, just because I dont 100% buy into Salmons fallacies, which lets face it framed the yes lets go for it arguement..believe or dont believe... no half measures. approach...nah Im to much a cynic to go for that line of guff ( EU membership ? Currency ? Oil extraction / Oil supply chain low price impact / budgets and aspirations based on over inflated financial forecasts ? ) . Your spot on though you may have seen a history thread emerging under MPS Maiden Speech....really enjoying that thread as people are contributing positively loads of good interesting stuff relatively new posters as well...with politics the yes / no stuff, I understand that no matter what is posted and its source, for some people if it doesnt fit their take they immediatly dish it and get personal....my take is simple...its always the economy ....stupid ( as Clintons adviser famously put it ) and the economy never lies.

j4bberw0ck
16-Aug-15, 23:07
Glad to see Crayola still ruffling the odd feather here and there after all these years................ :lol: My, it takes me back [evil].

Cheers, y'all!