PDA

View Full Version : Broadband providers

KCI
12-Apr-07, 18:23
Which BB provider do you use?

I am with Wanadoo/Orange/Freeserve - whatever they call themselves now! I'm thinking about changing, as I'm not really happy with their customer service, regarding my website.

At the moment, I have 8MB BB with Anytime calls, and a website. Can anyone recommend another provider who can offer the same kind of package?

Many thanks.

poppett
16-May-07, 16:43
Have you tried the PIPEX website? They seem to have taken over where Bulldog left off when they went business users only. They were recommended to me by the Sky installation engineer.

I have a good deal package with them and found them on the internet. So far they have done all they said they would do, on time and have not dipped into the bank account for money before its been due unlike other providers I have dealt with in the past.

Ash
16-May-07, 16:47
plusnet are really good:D

Victoria
16-May-07, 16:53
I use BT. The connection is fine but their customer services stink

angela5
16-May-07, 17:33
I am with Tiscali. their connection is rubbish and customer services is a nightmare.

NickInTheNorth
16-May-07, 17:41
I would recommend pipex to anyone anytime - not the cheapest, but certainly one of the best. Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best.

Also on the same list for me is http://www.nildram.net/ same comments as pipex (and check out the address to see why ;) )

Plus.net agree not too bad at all

And though I hate to say it I have had good service from BT over the past 8 months, first time ever I have been able to say that, but their customer service is appalling

Gavinp
16-May-07, 20:22
I have been with Plusnet for 2 years now. In this time I can only remember the service being down at a time I wanted to use it once. This was at 9:00pm and was working fine the next day. PlusNet don’t muck about with 1mb or 2 mb services. You get the service at the highest speed your line will take. They charge £9.99 per month or £14.99 depending on the service you go for. I would recommend the £14.99 as that comes with an 8Gig download limit (5 Gig is the most I have ever used and that was when I downloaded all of SG1 Season 10). I have had the service while living in Thurso and Halkirk, the Thurso line gave me 5Mb speed and Halkirk gives me the full 8Mb speed. Their web site is www.plus.net if you do decide to sign up please put my username in as the referring user "gavinpowell" without the quotes. This is because they run a recommend your friends scheme which will give you money off your monthly bill. If you get enough they will even pay you rather than you pay them. Can't be bad.