PDA

View Full Version : AOL - email delivery problem

champagnebaby
10-May-05, 14:28
Recently i've been trying to forward emails to 2 of my friends who've got aol email accounts but the mails won't deliver [mad]

When i'm emailing them having a one to one conversation the mail delivers fine but when i'm trying to forward on a mail i've recieved and i add addresses of other people from my address book it keeps failing, giving me the error here

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html

I've mailed the postmaster at aol but haven't had a reply, has anyone else had problems like this?? any ideas for a solution to this anyone???

Brizer2k2
10-May-05, 20:24
AOL will only accept emails from an email account / IP address which has reverse DNS set up.

known issue with AOL.

You need to ask your ISP to set up your account with revdns

Brizer2k2
10-May-05, 20:27
see this website which explains reverse dns

http://www.dnsstuff.com/info/revdns.htm

champagnebaby
10-May-05, 20:47
Ah right cheers, but they recieve my mails if it's only got their address in the to field, only seems to be when i try sending it to loads of people aol rejects it - just don't understand it at all. It's not as if there are any URL's in the mail all it was was an attachment.

do you think it could be pickin up other peoples addresses which are barred from aol possibly??

colmac
10-May-05, 21:07
Every so often I get bounced by different servers, if I am patient enough they will start accepting tiscali/yahoo emails again. Ameritech, Verizon and AOL are "bad" for bouncing emails they think could be spam because of numerous email address's in the "to" line. I have a HUGE family and quite often email them all the same photo or whatever so get bounce regularly. Annoying, but that is life. :confused

George Brims
10-May-05, 21:15
Ah good old AOL. They advertise like mad on US TV how they're doing so much to get rid of spam and such in your email, but if all they do is bounce messages that go to multiple recipients (which must be at least half of all the emails I send), they're not going to achieve much.

The happiest phone call I've made in many a year was the one to AOL about an hour after the broadband modem got installed.

champagnebaby
11-May-05, 01:10
Every so often I get bounced by different servers, if I am patient enough they will start accepting tiscali/yahoo emails again. Ameritech, Verizon and AOL are "bad" for bouncing emails they think could be spam because of numerous email address's in the "to" line. I have a HUGE family and quite often email them all the same photo or whatever so get bounce regularly. Annoying, but that is life. :confused

Yeah that sounds liek a reasonable explanation, thought it might be sumink like that. Have just sent one of the ones that got bounced back earlier with just the one aol recipient in the to field and it's sent fine.

I'm sending from a btopenworld.com address but they're now bt yahoo so it's probably being sent from a yahoo server.

Zael
11-May-05, 10:03
AOL [lol] [lol] [lol]

Sorry...

George, I take it the call was to terminate your account with them.