Me me me!

Cant wait now :cool: \m/

Jeid
12-Apr-07, 22:25
You're going? Is the wife going?

the_big_mac
13-Apr-07, 08:27

No chance! Well not with me anyway, she can go camp with the crusties and see how she gets on :Razz

moncur
13-Apr-07, 10:06

Oh that'll be cosy in the tent! 2's company, 3's just plain kinky!

goggs1987
13-Apr-07, 21:33
i was going to go .... but then i found out the machine head, lamb of god, and chimaira are all playing in glasgow on the wednesday before download .... :D all bands i love! ..... but i still might go to the festival yet! devil driver are going to try and get the biggest circle pit..... guiness book of records-style!!:Razz love to be there for that!!!!

cmack
14-Apr-07, 19:04
im going! line up looks pretty ace, still cant believe my chemical romance are headlining, that has to be the worst band ever to headline at download!

the_big_mac
15-Apr-07, 12:22
im going! line up looks pretty ace, still cant believe my chemical romance are headlining, that has to be the worst band ever to headline at download!
#

You aint wrong there! Ahead of the likes of Korn, Manson (im not a fan but he does deserve to be higher up the bill than MCR!!) and Motley Crew.

When you traveling?

Julia
15-Apr-07, 15:27
Stop it you lot, I am so jealous, the last Download I was at was 2005!

It was a great even if my tent was pitched on a hill! :eek:

cmack
15-Apr-07, 16:19
#

When you traveling?

me and my mates are getting the plane from inverness to east midlands on the wednesday night i think. really did not want to go on the bus, isn't it something like 16 hours from inverness? not keen on that one bit!

i also hear hayseed dixie are playing aswell, they have it down on their tour dates, saw it on their myspace, not confirimed on the download site yet though. saw them in ullapool last year, they were ace! a bit different compared to the bands that are already confirmed!

the_big_mac
15-Apr-07, 22:40
me and my mates are getting the plane from inverness to east midlands on the wednesday night i think. really did not want to go on the bus, isn't it something like 16 hours from inverness? not keen on that one bit!

i also hear hayseed dixie are playing aswell, they have it down on their tour dates, saw it on their myspace, not confirimed on the download site yet though. saw them in ullapool last year, they were ace! a bit different compared to the bands that are already confirmed!

Same as us. Flying back on the monday i assume?

Is there a few of yous?

cmack
16-Apr-07, 10:13
yeh, em, there are 5 of us taking the plane, i also know of a couple others that are flying down aswell, metting a few people there from edinburgh and glasgow aswell.

the_big_mac
16-Apr-07, 10:16
Looks like the flight may well be just full of downloads, yus!

You guys going standard camping or RIP?

moncur
16-Apr-07, 10:26
'Mon the RIP! Cant wait til e dodgy dancing competition! Btw double whopper, still aint figured out the tent situation yet, may have to put e Ray mears oot o me. And check ur text!

the_big_mac
16-Apr-07, 10:30
'Mon the RIP! Cant wait til e dodgy dancing competition! Btw double whopper, still aint figured out the tent situation yet, may have to put e Ray mears oot o me. And check ur text!

Erm, ive left the list at Andrews!

cmack
16-Apr-07, 10:46
just the standard camping for us, what abaout yourself?

the_big_mac
16-Apr-07, 11:03
just the standard camping for us, what abaout yourself?

Weve forked out for RIP. Seems like its well worth the extra cash.

Cant wait now tho, im like a kid at xmas!

moncur
16-Apr-07, 13:22
Weve forked out for RIP. Seems like its well worth the extra cash.

Cant wait now tho, im like a kid at xmas!

Santa aint real. he gave up being santa and formed ZZ Topp years ago!

Chobbersjnr
16-Apr-07, 16:43
Santa aint real. he gave up being santa and formed ZZ Topp years ago!

aha Santa aka Billy Gibbons

noice

moncur
17-Apr-07, 17:00
Now i've found e big mac on the download forums. who else is on the download forums and whats your name on it? Im Moncur (original, I know!)

the_big_mac
17-Apr-07, 21:13
Line up and stages as it is so far -

FRIDAY 8 JUNE SATURDAY 9 JUNE SUNDAY 10 JUNE
MAIN STAGE

My Chemical Romance Linkin Park Iron Maiden
Velvet Revolver Marilyn Manson Evanescence
Wolfmother Slayer Killswitch Engage
DragonForce Machine Head Stone Sour
Megadeth Bowling For Soup Lamb Of God
Hinder 30 Seconds To Mars Mastodon
Buckcherry Aiden Papa Roach
Shadows Fall Chimaira
HELLYEAH Reuben
Turisas

2ND STAGE

Korn Mötley Crüe Billy Talent
Enter Shikari Biffy Clyro Dream Theater
From Autumn To Ashes Gallows Dimmu Borgir
Turbonegro Bring Me The Horizon Within Temptation
ANJ Bloodsimple Devil Driver
Unearth

3RD STAGE

Hayseed Dixie Necro Reel Big Fish
I Was A Cub Scout Lez Zeppelin Between The Trees
Job For A Cowboy Beyond All Reason Kids In Glass House s
This Et Al Hardcore Superstar
Drive By Argument

A few big clashes there, the biggest one being Korn And Velvet Revolver [evil]!

Edit - Check the link instead - http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1545459&mpage=1

For some reason the forum keeps putting the list of bands all under one heading rather that the three its meant to be!!

moncur
17-Apr-07, 22:30
Hmmm was looking forward to seeing motley crue but thats a close call to marilyn manson.

Im gonna be at the main stage on friday big mac. Wolfmothers a must see band as are VR. Im actually tryin to get rid of my VR Glasgow tix for the sunday as il be seeing them on the friday anyway!

Whens Empty Fortune playing ryan?

the_big_mac
17-Apr-07, 22:38
Hmmm was looking forward to seeing motley crue but thats a close call to marilyn manson.

Im gonna be at the main stage on friday big mac. Wolfmothers a must see band as are VR. Im actually tryin to get rid of my VR Glasgow tix for the sunday as il be seeing them on the friday anyway!

Whens Empty Fortune playing ryan?

Sunday mainstage bout 11 pm im sure they told me ;)

Jeid
17-Apr-07, 23:21
I heard the I Fats Band are playing too!

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-07, 23:50
I heard the I Fats Band are playing too!

scuse me.........................

zebedy
18-Apr-07, 12:18
Biffy and Reuben at download!?!?!?!

TICKETS FOR SALE? lawl

moncur
18-Apr-07, 13:27
Biffy and Reuben at download!?!?!?!

TICKETS FOR SALE? lawl

There are still tix for sale, just that ud be camping in camp krusty wi the rest of the commoners. unlike the big mac & I!

zebedy
18-Apr-07, 19:06
if there commoners what the hell are you? haha lol

moncur
18-Apr-07, 19:22
if there commoners what the hell are you? haha lol

FRENCH! hawheehawheehaw!

Jeid
18-Apr-07, 19:43
I'd rather be in with the commoners instead of being a festival toff... probably be better crack too.

moncur
18-Apr-07, 20:13
I'd rather be in with the commoners instead of being a festival toff... probably be better crack too.

well im goin to be slumming it at TITP. need to treat masel once in a while!

Jeid
18-Apr-07, 20:30
Ah well... you're not a total poof then ;)

zebedy
18-Apr-07, 21:00
well......?:roll:

moncur
18-Apr-07, 21:12
well......?:roll:

well what?

the_big_mac
18-Apr-07, 21:51
Ah well... you're not a total poof then

Well i am, and proud of it :lol:

Hot showers, eggs benadict for brekkie, prawn sarnies for lunch and steak dinners mixed with a bit of heavy metal and VIP bar access, im the biggest bumbandit around!

Oooo, forgot to mention the free clothes when we get there too ;)

Jeid
18-Apr-07, 22:05
You're a fag of the highest order Mr Poop

moncur
19-Apr-07, 10:00
Well i am, and proud of it :lol:

Right! we're sleeping in separate tents! At opposite sides of the field!

cmack
19-Apr-07, 19:41
anyone know if there are a lot more bands to be announced? or is that the full line up now?

the_big_mac
19-Apr-07, 19:43
anyone know if there are a lot more bands to be announced? or is that the full line up now?

Bands are announced every tuesday. There will be 100 in all.

cmack
19-Apr-07, 20:06
ah right, i just wasn't sure if they were announcing any more, i have seen posters already made, thought it might have been the final line-up on them

cmack
19-Apr-07, 20:10
infact, another question, will the headliners of the second stage be playing before the headliners of the main stage are on?? i just noticed that if that were the case, then i would have to choose between maiden and billy talent!

moncur
19-Apr-07, 20:17
maiden wins it for me if thats the case

the_big_mac
19-Apr-07, 20:58
infact, another question, will the headliners of the second stage be playing before the headliners of the main stage are on?? i just noticed that if that were the case, then i would have to choose between maiden and billy talent!

Naw, they will be on at around the same time/just after the act that are 2nd last on the mainstage. Hence the velvet revolver and korn clash.

cmack
19-Apr-07, 21:24
aw right cool, i really want to see maiden, saw them in december with trivium, they were amazing!! billy talent ace aswell, hopefully see them both at download

Jeid
19-Apr-07, 22:16
aw right cool, i really want to see maiden, saw them in december with trivium, they were amazing!! billy talent ace aswell, hopefully see them both at download

I'd choose BT over Maiden for sure.

johns.exe
24-Apr-07, 11:34
Me and 5 or 6 of my mates are going too :)

I'd choose BT over Maiden for sure.

After ther song list in december, i will be chosing bt.. but you get around an hour of iron maiden anyway. seeing as the 2nd stage closes earlyer.

moncur
24-Apr-07, 12:46
Me and 5 or 6 of my mates are going too :)

After ther song list in december, i will be chosing bt.. but you get around an hour of iron maiden anyway. seeing as the 2nd stage closes earlyer.

u fae thurso or wick? regular or RIP camping?

Jeid
24-Apr-07, 20:22
He's from Thurso lad

johns.exe
25-Apr-07, 21:58
Thurso, like Jeid said.

Im reg camping.. RIP is a scam.. i herd they dont clean yer toilets ha :lol:

the_big_mac
02-May-07, 14:49
Another 13 bands announced. Nowt to exciting apart from Ill Nino.

However, Joey Jordison will be filling in for David Silvera this year. And its still gonna clash with VR! [evil]

Just gonna have to decide who to watch on the day now!

moncur
02-May-07, 16:38
Another 13 bands announced. Nowt to exciting apart from Ill Nino.

However, Joey Jordison will be filling in for David Silvera this year. And its still gonna clash with VR! [evil]

Just gonna have to decide who to watch on the day now!

Yip total bummer! Havent seen Korn before, but have seen Wolfmother and VR before so gonna be difficult deciding what to do.

I couldnt pronounce half of the bands that got revealed today so not too fussed about them!

moncur
02-May-07, 16:48
Oh, forgot to ask. Which bands are we gonna stick around simply for the purpose of throwing cups of 'yellow water' at? Bowling For Soup is my first choice!

cmack
02-May-07, 17:32
ha, if anyone, my chemical romance is my first choice!

the_big_mac
02-May-07, 18:36
Defo MCR!

They are about to become this years Iggy Pop :Razz

And probably Aiden to. I cannot suffer gothpop!

Jeid
02-May-07, 19:19
Defo MCR!

They are about to become this years Iggy Pop :Razz

And probably Aiden to. I cannot suffer gothpop!

If only Astronot were playing... a tin of cider flying at you is not cool ;)

the_big_mac
02-May-07, 19:22

Ahhh you love it :cool:

moncur
02-May-07, 20:50

lol that yellow liquid wasnt cider Jeid, well possibly 2nd hand cider if thats what big mac was drinking all day!

Jeid
02-May-07, 21:58
Nothing like a golden shower ;)

the_big_mac
04-May-07, 13:47
A cry to all Metalheads descending on this years festival................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WztqjYoboVQ

:cool:

moncur
28-May-07, 14:06
Was informed last night by big mac that jackson are having a guitar demo stand at download where u can try out the guitars etc.

IF ANYONE SEES ME NEAR THAT STAND, DIVERT ME AWAY FROM IT!!!!!! I GET THIS MONTHS PAY THE WEEK BEFORE DOWNLOAD AND I DON'T NEED ANOTHER GUITAR!!!!!!

Jeid
28-May-07, 18:49
Why on earth would you wanna buy a Jackson?

the_big_mac
30-May-07, 12:47
There is also gonna be a drummers workshop, no info on who's running it, or where on when about its gonna be.

Bet its in the middle of a band i wanna see though [evil]

moncur
30-May-07, 13:28
Only a week to go!!!!!

*Strikes a beavis & Butthead pose, Deh deh, duh duh duh!*

the_big_mac
30-May-07, 15:08
Only a week to go!!!!!

*Strikes a beavis & Butthead pose, Deh deh, duh duh duh!*

And there will be plenty of this -

http://www.downloadfestival.tv/mofo/watch/241/

moncur
04-Jun-07, 13:59
I am currently updating my Last Will & Testament as i fear i shall get killed in a 'Wall of Death' or 'circle' or simply from eating festival grub. Anyone want to get a mention in my Will? State your name, address and the item you'd like to receive.

PS: No fighting for the pedal board. That is going to be my coffin!!!!! :lol:

the_big_mac
11-Jun-07, 22:29
What a weekend!!!

Apart from the nightmare start with the flights [evil]

How did everyone else get down?

cmack
12-Jun-07, 21:45
we ended up getting a bus at about quarter past 6 i think it was, got to east midlands airport at about half 9 in the morning! was meant to be about 12-ish, as we were supposed to wait in manchester for 3 hours, but an earlier bus came, and we were told we could get on, so we were all delighted!

definitely will not be flying with ryanair again!

moncur
13-Jun-07, 09:42
I AM THA MAN! LOL

Yeah thank god for Sat Nav!

Twas an awesome weekend, wi plenty of famous folk kicking around!