PDA

View Full Version : Stinkey Freezer

The Angel Of Death
12-Apr-07, 08:55
Had a bit if a disaster with the freezer at the weekend and if was defrosted (yup everything in it as well including the wedding cake) have now noticed it stinks well bad !!!

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting rid of the smell ???

Cheers

newpark
12-Apr-07, 09:01
You could put half a lemon in a bowl of boiling water and shut it in the freezer this is supposed to neutralise the smell. Also I think the same is said for sprinkling baking soda or bicarbonate of soda over the surface and leaving for a few hours. Anything is worth a try I suppose.

marlyn
12-Apr-07, 09:02
use bicarbonate of soda dissolved in water to wash it out with, this is supposed to neutralise the smell. Or you could try Milton sterilising solution it has quite a strong 'clean' smell which should get rid of the stink.

Good luck!

George Brims
12-Apr-07, 17:27
When you've cleaned it out and re-loaded it with food, put a box of baking soda in there, with the top slightly open. It's good at absorbing smells. I usually keep a box in the fridge also.

Rheghead
12-Apr-07, 18:26
Put a block of freshly sawn wood in the fridge (6"x6"x6"), wood soaks up smells.

lassieinfife
12-Apr-07, 18:31
Wash It Out With Vinagar In Hot Water ...

pat
12-Apr-07, 22:28
Bicarbonate of Soda with warm water for washing out,should get rid of smells but if it does not get rid of all smell use vinegar (natural cleanser) and warm water, that should certainly clear lingering smells.
Never heard of newly sawn wood but the should work too - will try that sometime when I cannot get rid of a smell (usually in the dustbin!!)

Jeemag_USA
12-Apr-07, 22:58
Wash It Out With Vinagar In Hot Water ...

My mum uses vinegar for everything from cleaning to health issues, she bought a book on it. Use a Vinegar and Water solution, not sure of the parts vinegar to parts water, but you might be able to google stuff on using vinegar for cleaning, apparently it works wonders. My mum cleans down all her kitchen and bathroom surfaces with vinegar and water and has stopped wasting money on stupid stuff like Ajax and Jif and so on, saves a lot of money.

There is a ton of websites on Vinegar and its uses, here is one blog I found with good ideas in it http://vinegar-magic.blogspot.com/

Also if you love vinegar, you shoudl research the uses for honey, another one of natures wonders. Spread it on a grazed knee to cleanse and avoid infection!

The Angel Of Death
12-Apr-07, 23:13
Cheers for all the suggestions will give them a go and let you all know how i get on

Ricco
13-Apr-07, 11:36
I don't know if it will help but many years ago I found a real stinky steer's horn and the only thing that got rid of the smell was a wash with hot water with some dried tarragon leaves in. Tried everything else imaginable; one wash with tarragon cleared the smell immediately.

The Angel Of Death
14-Apr-07, 16:21
Phew as stinkie smells goes that was bad cleaned it out with Bicarbonate of Soda and about half a bottle of sterilizing fluid think now smells like the swimming pool ;)