PDA

View Full Version : More Money

piratelassie
26-Jun-15, 16:31
First that delapedated old palace in London , now it's buck house that needs our money. I know. charge people at food banks and that will help with the expence. It would be a lot cheaper and a lot more efficient to build a new parliment building but you can bet your bottom dollar that wot't happen. As for buck house, turn it into flats for the homeless, Liz has plenty of other hooses to stay in.

davth
26-Jun-15, 18:54
I am sure the tourists will flock to a new build royal abode.I should have thought Buckingham palace would be a listed building

golach
26-Jun-15, 18:56
I dont see you making a fuss over the £414 million cost of the Scottish Parliament, building was completed 10 times over budget and three years late.
And costs taxpayers £72 million per year to run at the moment, thats an awful lot of Oil and Oh Aye whisky

Just a wee reminder, the referendom result was 55% NO and 45% yes, learn to live with it.

cptdodger
26-Jun-15, 19:07
First that delapedated old palace in London , now it's buck house that needs our money. I know. charge people at food banks and that will help with the expence. It would be a lot cheaper and a lot more efficient to build a new parliment building but you can bet your bottom dollar that wot't happen. As for buck house, turn it into flats for the homeless, Liz has plenty of other hooses to stay in.

I actually feel sorry for your family. Your constant moaning about anything to do with England, and the fact the Referendum did'nt go your way, must drive them insane. Give it a rest you're like a broken record.

Kenn
26-Jun-15, 23:58
If it was Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood House or any other historic building in Scotland would you still be bemoaning the cost?

piratelassie
27-Jun-15, 01:13
You people keep biting, honestly. The last ref. was 55 45 but there's no pride in the 55, shame on you. What will you tell your grandchildren.

BetterTogether
27-Jun-15, 07:44
You people keep biting, honestly. The last ref. was 55 45 but there's no pride in the 55, shame on you. What will you tell your grandchildren.But even less pride in snide 45

sids
27-Jun-15, 07:46
The last ref. was 55 45 but there's no pride in the 55

I'm proud that we beat you, but I don't endlessly harp on about it.

Are you proud of being a bad loser?

davth
27-Jun-15, 08:02
You people keep biting, honestly. The last ref. was 55 45 but there's no pride in the 55, shame on you. What will you tell your grandchildren. I will tell them that in 2015 a bunch of mongoloids attempted to ruin our great country.Thanfully 55% of us could see through the nonsense and defeated the horrible leader of the revolution.

golach
27-Jun-15, 08:22
You people keep biting, honestly. The last ref. was 55 45 but there's no pride in the 55, shame on you. What will you tell your grandchildren.
I will tell my grandchildren that i helped save the UK from the nats.

dozy
27-Jun-15, 08:44
I will tell my grandchildren that i helped save the UK from the nats.And let the Tories sell in off to their mates in the city cheap, ware that badge with pride. Give Cameron a little moustache and the rest grey uniforms with the skull and crossbones and the unionist's will be complete.

cptdodger
27-Jun-15, 09:21
And let the Tories sell in off to their mates in the city cheap, ware that badge with pride. Give Cameron a little moustache and the rest grey uniforms with the skull and crossbones and the unionist's will be complete.

You lost - move on.

golach
27-Jun-15, 09:21
And let the Tories sell in off to their mates in the city cheap, ware that badge with pride. Give Cameron a little moustache and the rest grey uniforms with the skull and crossbones and the unionist's will be complete.
No mention of the nats selling off Cal Mac then?

BetterTogether
27-Jun-15, 18:02

It's refreshing to see this week the First Minister making her first substantive effort to purge the SNP of its more distasteful and vociferous posters and take action against members who make offensive comments as the one above.

Politics should always be about robust debate but hateful comments such as those above have no place in the debate and those that espouse them are now becoming a distasteful marginalised fringe not accepted by any party of worth.

cptdodger
27-Jun-15, 19:08
It's refreshing to see this week the First Minister making her first substantive effort to purge the SNP of its more distasteful and vociferous posters and take action against members who make offensive comments as the one above.

Politics should always be about robust debate but hateful comments such as those above have no place in the debate and those that espouse them are now becoming a distasteful marginalised fringe not accepted by any party of worth.

Thanks to, shall we say a few of the slightly more miffed of the 45%, or however they want to be referred to, I ended up sitting in Thurso Police Station for hours giving a statement to them about a Facebook group that miraculously popped up a couple of days after the Referendum, it was one of my American friends that had seen it and directed me to it. I honestly cannot repeat anything that was on that group, but suffice to say it made me feel physically sick. This was also reported in the press at the time.

I have never been so ashamed to be Scottish as I was after reading the things on that group. The damage that the SNP along with the whole debacle of the Referendum has done to Scotland is immeasurable. I would hate to think how the rest of the world perceives us now.

sids
27-Jun-15, 20:46
Scottish tradesmen will make good money on the Houses of Parliament and Buck House renovations.

linnie612
28-Jun-15, 01:15
Sub-forum - 'Piratelassie Pontificates'?