PDA

View Full Version : For those with babies in Wick

ashaw1
11-Apr-07, 16:31
I am racking my brain trying to think up a business idea which i could work around my young family. I live in Wick and wondered if there was a market in the area for freshly prepared baby food and purees delivered to the door. I just wondered if there were enough busy parents in the area who wanted to feed their babies fresh food but didnt have the time to prepare it. I am looking at making both fresh and frozen baby food with 3 options of selling it. Delivering it to the door on a weekly basis, opening a shop including other items or asking local food businesses to stock it. What do you think? Is there a market for this up here?

Solus
11-Apr-07, 18:07
Check the legalitys, i think that any food stuff for sale to the public can not be made in the average household kitchen, it comes under the same rules and regs as catering !

ashaw1
11-Apr-07, 18:26
Thanks for the reply. I did realise this and am currently looking for a professional kitchen to rent.

Julia
12-Apr-07, 00:12
I'd be interested in looking into the option of fresh baby food for my son.

Have you contacted the local health visitors (604134), maybe they could distribute some info for you.

ashaw1
12-Apr-07, 08:31
Thanks. Yes i had considered this.