PDA

View Full Version : AJG parcels sold - service already sucks!

Shaggy
24-Jun-15, 10:09
I heard the news that AJG had been bought over and just knew the end of a really good service was on the cards. Well this morning proved it. i went to book my usual collection and lo and behold the price has shot up by nearly £6 and now also includes a "remote area surcharge" and the same day pickup that i am used to has now changed to the next day pickup despite the main courier group picking up parcels from the company every day.
As for the surcharge, a company that operates in a remote area is now surcharging its customers for living in the very area it operates in. Not impressed!

davth
24-Jun-15, 10:21
simple, if you don't like the service then don't use it!

starfish
24-Jun-15, 11:40
that a shame ajg was always a good service i for one will miss them and will not use a rip off company

Shaggy
24-Jun-15, 11:43
simple, if you don't like the service then don't use it!

well when they go out of business due to the crap service and surcharges i suppose you'll need to find another courier to deliver your fresh supplies of smug too then

davth
24-Jun-15, 12:14
well when they go out of business due to the crap service and surcharges i suppose you'll need to find another courier to deliver your fresh supplies of smug too then

I will be sure to let them know to contact you for delivery of your 2 pallets of "victim" weekly also.

dozy
25-Jun-15, 08:26
I heard the news that AJG had been bought over and just knew the end of a really good service was on the cards. Well this morning proved it. i went to book my usual collection and lo and behold the price has shot up by nearly £6 and now also includes a "remote area surcharge" and the same day pickup that i am used to has now changed to the next day pickup despite the main courier group picking up parcels from the company every day.As for the surcharge, a company that operates in a remote area is now surcharging its customers for living in the very area it operates in. Not impressed!How about if we put together a Highland Community Run Carrier service which would be a registered charity with a depot in Inverness . I'm sure that there are folk in the community through out the Highlands that could help run the service with all profits going into local community services . If it's a community service,we could use community run offices and halls as pick up points . Don't just sit on your hands,if there are folk interested drop me a PM .

webmannie
27-Jun-15, 07:47
set it up as a social enterprise, seems to be the thing these days.

dozy
27-Jun-15, 08:35
set it up as a social enterprise, seems to be the thing these days.Yes if that what it takes ,I'm sure there's folk in every town/ village that would join in and help out. The enterprise would of course pay the living wage. It's an chance to put things back in the hands and the pockets of the community.

r.rackstraw
27-Jun-15, 10:24
A Highland Community Run Carrier service - would it work? I have no idea but it is surely worth looking into.

Shaggy
27-Jun-15, 11:45
i'd be up for that if it could be feasible. It's whether the existing network would accept the addition though as they might not just to be awkward since we are taking their work. As for my parcel, i paid for a 2 day service and have now been told it will be delivered 2nd July...not holding my breath! Total disgrace! way to go to keep the business running, i won't be using them again.

dozy
27-Jun-15, 13:40
[QUOTE=Shaggy;1122721]i'd be up for that if it could be feasible. It's whether the existing network would accept the addition though as they might not just to be awkward since we are taking their work. As for my parcel, i paid for a 2 day service and have now been told it will be delivered 2nd July...not holding my breath! Total disgrace! way to go to keep the business running, i won't be using them again.[/QUOTE.
Having been involved in the carrier business in the past, I used some old contacts to get a 315mm cast frame bandsaw delivered. I phoned the supplier at 9.45 to pay and give him details of the carrier, he said the carrier had just turned up and he would have it loaded right away. The item was deliver the next day at 12.00.( to Inverness) where it lay for a week. It is possible to get things right if you have the right system and workers that have an interest to do the job well.That's why I thing that a community run carrier is the only way the Highlands can go. You can only control the outcome if you are in Control.

Kodiak
28-Jun-15, 23:18
Or if you want to be radical.............Use Royal Mail !

Shaggy
29-Jun-15, 09:22
Or if you want to be radical.............Use Royal Mail !

Royal Mail? surely you jest :-). The point being is that before the buyout, AJG were the cheapest and most reliable service i could find. I ordered the delivery middle of last week and can't even get an update on the whereabouts of my stuff now and as for a delivery date...well sometime this week hopefully. Before it was always 2 days from order to delivery and i could check at any time and see where my parcel was and could nip out for a while instead of being stuck in the house all day waiting on a parcel that might never arrive.