PDA

View Full Version : hiya from England!

brandy
17-Jun-15, 22:10
Hey guys,
not been around in ages, but thought i would drop in and say hello!
I miss Wick!
we have been in England now for three years.
Where has the time gone?
My baby girl is gonna be three in sept.
So much has changed over the last few years... Hehe... I am now a published author, (who would have thunk it;) )
you can find me under JB Miller in Amazon or www.jbmiller.co.uk
but enough about me.
Just wanted to give everyone a big ole cyber hug and to say hello from me and mine!
Brandy
Edit
My books are erotic romance. So the covers reflect that... you have been warned.

bluefaxofficer
17-Jun-15, 22:47
Not impressed with the rude picture greeting my eyes as soon as I clicked the link to your page. If you want to advertise adult reading material with a link to nude/mature images I think the literature section may be more appropriate...

sids
17-Jun-15, 23:09
Not impressed with the rude picture greeting my eyes as soon as I clicked the link to your page. If you want to advertise adult reading material with a link to nude/mature images I think the literature section may be more appropriate...

New here, ain't ya?

bluefaxofficer
17-Jun-15, 23:15
New here, ain't ya?

Yes, I registered so I was able to reply to this thread and express an opinion, like every other member :-)

tonkatojo
18-Jun-15, 07:46
Yes, I registered so I was able to reply to this thread and express an opinion, like every other member :-)

Here we go, yet another happy chappie.

brandy
18-Jun-15, 08:13
LOL.... sorry. Its just a book cover. and hardly graphic. a guy and a girl about to kiss with two guys in the background. but i will edit the orig post to ease sensibilities

bluefaxofficer
18-Jun-15, 09:06
LOL.... sorry. Its just a book cover. and hardly graphic. a guy and a girl about to kiss with two guys in the background. but i will edit the orig post to ease sensibilities

Actually it was a fully bare backside with a woman barely covered sitting in a santa hat. (Not something you expect to be on the other end of a link while browsing a community forum with your 8 year old who already can't sleep). BUT thank you Brandy for being so respectful.

It's alright for Tonkatojo and Sids, they must never get offended- or be too afraid to express an opinion, it's a forum. Except for seeing my point of view as well as yours (Brandy) they immediately have to be one sided. No one needs to be nasty or offensive (included carefully worded sarcasm) but it is ok to show a little personality!

brandy
18-Jun-15, 09:57
ahhh the Christophe cover! thats not the one that shows on mine... the blog has a slider on it and slides through them. sorry about that.
I do also write childrens stories under a dif pen name but I am waiting for the illistrator to get back with my art before i can do anything with them. They are def. more famiy friendly!

poppett
18-Jun-15, 12:07
Lovely to see you again Brandy and catch up with your news.

sids
18-Jun-15, 12:26
Where's the dirty picture?

BetterTogether
18-Jun-15, 12:31
Seems that the initial poster clearly defined the link was to erotic literature and the covers reflected that and issued a warning as such.

If you then follow the link and expose a minor to those images then the fault is entirely yours.

I viewed the link and can say I saw nothing that wouldn't be readily viewable on the shelves of any book shop anywhere in the country.

If we logically progress that then children should not be allowed into any art gallery or museum that show the human form as they also have far more explicit images for public consumption.

bluefaxofficer
18-Jun-15, 14:24
Seems that the initial poster clearly defined the link was to erotic literature and the covers reflected that and issued a warning as such.

If you then follow the link and expose a minor to those images then the fault is entirely yours.

I viewed the link and can say I saw nothing that wouldn't be readily viewable on the shelves of any book shop anywhere in the country.

If we logically progress that then children should not be allowed into any art gallery or museum that show the human form as they also have far more explicit images for public consumption.

LOL. I think you should have read the whole thread before posting your comment. The original post was edited by Brandy out of respect to contain a warning after my expressions of concern.

The picture that came up was of erotic nudity, this I do believe is NOT readily viewable by an 8 year old...and if there was a warning before hand then like you say, this would be my fault, but as it happened...there was no warning...

I do not wish you to be over dramatic at a simple point of view. In (not only) my opinion, a young child should not be exposed to such adult content. If it was acceptable for children to view such things, there would be no need for the age restriction ratings.

northener
15-Jul-15, 03:58
Methinks you need to get out a bit more......

Hi Brandy, good to hear you're doing well!

sintra307
15-Jul-15, 07:14
Yes please go out more. now im gonna take a look thanks for the headsup.

Hi Brandy, missing the t-shirts.

porshiepoo
18-Jul-15, 23:01
Hi brandy, I've not been on here in a while either. You're missing wick - I'm missing England 😀 not enough to move back down though, despite the naf weather we've had here 😂 Good to hear everything is going well 😀

Dadie
19-Jul-15, 01:04
Hi Brandy!
We had a great time in Edinburgh last week ...Euan was shocked with the male Baboons today! ..We did the zoo before heading back home ...and Female baboons have red bums ...nothing said by kids ...male baboons have red bits that shocked my 3 kids..said the red bits attracted the girls...end of questions ....girls thought it was gross..
The monkeys in the enclosures were "cuddling" each other a bit much ...
Hey ho so much can be explained away ...glossing over topics too mature for little eyes ...without not answering their questions with sensible answers!
Facts are needed at age appropriate levels on sex ed in everyday life .....
Plus im sure there is an age limit (as in you are too young and you cannot be on the org) on here and the content is suitable for those that can have accounts...
Will hopefully see you in October!