PDA

View Full Version : stolen bike

xcountry
16-Jun-15, 22:24
A bike was stolen outside our front door last week it belonged to my girlfriends 5 year old son and he got it for Xmas anyway we reported it to police with not much luck anyway after giving up all hope we sported it in a well known family's front garden in lord thurso court we now have it back and are going to get it fixed as there kids have destroyed it. Why is this family still here in ormlie stealing kids bikes is a step to far ain't it how many other people around ormlie have had run ins with the travellers

davth
16-Jun-15, 22:29
Lesson learned to secure your possessions

xcountry
16-Jun-15, 23:05
They usually are hit when a kid runs in to get a pee u don't expect someone to lift it

Alrock
19-Jun-15, 21:16
Lesson learned to secure your possessions

Next you'll be saying... "Lesson learned, don't wear a short skirt" to rape victims!

davth
19-Jun-15, 21:43
Next you'll be saying... "Lesson learned, don't wear a short skirt" to rape victims!

a long skirt or trousers wouldnt prevent a rape though.
but a decent bike lock would prevent theft

sids
20-Jun-15, 08:25
what a disturbing, horrible person you are

on a thread where there lies no blame with the victim, you choose to blame them - not the thief - for not taking more care

would you apply that to all victims ?

whose side are you on ?

He's probably a normal person. The internet makes people feel compelled to find or invent other people's mistakes and point them out.

iain
20-Jun-15, 09:30
Glad kid got bike back. There are lowlife scum in all walks of life. I had a lorry stolen and cut up for scrap and that wasn't travellers just local lowlife.You can never be too careful with your possessions. Its a sad fact of life I'm afraid.

Kevin Milkins
20-Jun-15, 11:56
Sorry to hear that your young un fell fowl of a wrong un. I find Caithness comforting that the majority of folk tend to leave alone what doesn't belong to them, but I have lived in arrears where it is considered rude not to steal something of value if it's left unattended and not secure.