PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge

North Rhins
10-Apr-07, 23:07
I have altered this thread as the last one lasted a matter of milliseconds before being dragged off into the ether.
The mission, should you wish to choose it, is quite simply a challenge. It is for one of you out there to post an up to the minute topic that will not be corrupted, sullied, infected, poisoned, twisted, or hijacked.
If any reply to the thread contains any of the following words, then the challenge will be deemed to have failed.
Excluded words are; America, Bush, Blair, WTC, Hiroshima, Iraq, Illegal Invasion, Muslim, Jew, Zionist, Israel, WMD, Pearl Harbour, Japan, Germany, 9/11, Pentagon, E4b, Graven Images or Google.
The list is by no means exhaustive; please feel free to add any that you think pertinent.
Any takers?

Addendum; GuantanamoBay.

jinglejangle
10-Apr-07, 23:09
The weather was good today

North Rhins
10-Apr-07, 23:15
Good start, pretty sound subject but what about global warming? Let’s see where it goes.

Solus
10-Apr-07, 23:28
Global warming ? a natural occuring event, ice age followed by another ice age, it froze, wiped out life and slowly evolved into the where we are now ! we are going to get hotter in some area's, colder in others, will it lead to another ice age ? and the planet heals itself regardless of what we do to the enviroment, we may be speeding it up, but it would have happened anyway ...

j4bberw0ck
10-Apr-07, 23:31
What is this gorbal worming anyway?

Solus
10-Apr-07, 23:32
or if sea levels are rising why are some sea levels in some parts falling ?

North Rhins
10-Apr-07, 23:37
We’re on a roll folks! No banned words!
By the way I think that Gorbal warming is something to do with a fire in a tenement.

quirbal
10-Apr-07, 23:45
What, how can you expect me to take part in this thread if I cannot use any of the above words!

Disgraceful, I must now find another thread to have a robust exchange of views with Fred!!!!!

:D:eek:

Rheghead
10-Apr-07, 23:57
I would suggest discussing the General Belgrano sinking during the Falklands. The Argies always maintained that it was operating outside of the exclusion zone before it was sunk. The British admit that as well but they said it was a threat to the British fleet.

But what was the Belgrano actually doing to get itself sunk? It is strange because if you look at the photograph of it during its last moments then you will notice that its main guns were in the 'broadside' orientation, ie at 90 degrees to its length. Usually warships are in combatant operations when this is so.

Just an observation.:lol:

OK, we could talk about pregnant mothers who are more susceptible dental problems as a side effect to pregnancy. As a result of this medical problem, they are allowed free dental care in private clinics except that the private clinics in Caithness do not do NHS work so they can't and the clinics that do won't allow pregnant mums to queue jump.[disgust]

garycs
11-Apr-07, 10:13
If you are going to worming gerbils I'd suggest you do it whilst there is still a pet shop in Caithness.

Solus. Sea levels aren't changing, it's the land that's rising and falling, some people say this is due to the last Ice Age (as if any such thing could ever occur!) when the ice weighed down the northern half of the British Isles and made the south rise up, and now it's just returning to normal, rubbish! The south is sinking and the North rising because of over development around London, and the government is now trying to reverse this effect by moving people to the Highlands. ;-)

However there is one big conspiracy that needs to be exposed. Wind turbines aren't what they seem, they don't generate power, they are actually huge electric powered propellors which are being used to slowly move the UK away from Europe towards the US so that we can become the 51st state. You heard it here first!

Got to go now, MI6 and the CIA are trying to hack into my pc ;-)

golach
11-Apr-07, 10:31
I am interested in the state of the Scottish Pound against the Euro, have any other .Orgers lain awake at night worrying about this predicament :eek:

Valerie Campbell
11-Apr-07, 11:02
Going back to Rheghead and the Belgrano, maybe we could debate the fact the Falklands 'War' was actually a conflict as war was never declared.

Blazing Sporrans
11-Apr-07, 12:02
I'd just like to add my tuppence worth as I believe that warming gerbils crosses the fine line between health care for small furry rodents and animal cruelty - especially as they don't need to be warmed during these exceptionally mild winters ;)

peedie
11-Apr-07, 12:03
anyone else in the middle of a lambing just now?! that cant provake an argument surely?

Scunner
11-Apr-07, 13:15
Its a lovely day today, so I must find an EARL and sit in the ARBOUR, and look at some BUSHes

Solus
11-Apr-07, 14:57
Well that lasted long, mind you it shows that most dont read the thread initially, nor are able to take in any information !

Thread was about an up to date topic, falklands hmmm some time ago !!!

Thread not to be hijacked ! it lasted 40 minutes before it was dragged off topic and it went down hill from there.

scorrie
11-Apr-07, 15:01
Good start, pretty sound subject but what about global warming? Let’s see where it goes.

Glowball Warming?

I am sure that this is the name of the Thermal Jockstrap manufacturer who are sponsoring the Naked Rambler on the Icelandic leg of his European Tour.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Apr-07, 21:34
North Rhins I caught yer thread before it was removed on Friday night,ye challenged us all to start a thread that nane o the subjects would crop up on.So I started one about ice-cream cones,but wi yer thread gettin removed mine seemed to just be a fetish,which it is.Its a wee bit like the Twilight Zone when it happens.Threads disappearing........hair today gone tomorrow.....thread bare its called.I should know I polish ma dome every mornin.

johno
11-Apr-07, 22:09
Glowball Warming?

I am sure that this is the name of the Thermal Jockstrap manufacturer who are sponsoring the Naked Rambler on the Icelandic leg of his European Tour.
heard in the grapevine that he was taking freds ass with him to iceland :lol:

Victoria
11-Apr-07, 22:24
heard in the grapevine that he was taking freds ass with him to iceland :lol:

I hope he doesnt find the terrain too hard

johno
11-Apr-07, 22:36
I hope he doesnt find the terrain too hard
naw i guess he wont find it too HARD so long as he lets his ASS take the lead
[lol]

Ricco
13-Apr-07, 11:51
I would have thought that the most up-to-date topic would be the discovery that being over-weight has now been proven to be genetically linked (instead of refridgerator linked as I have always accused my mother of!). This can open up a whole spectrum of hope for people once scientists discover some beta-blockers for these genes. :D

Angela
13-Apr-07, 12:30
I would have thought that the most up-to-date topic would be the discovery that being over-weight has now been proven to be genetically linked (instead of refridgerator linked as I have always accused my mother of!). This can open up a whole spectrum of hope for people once scientists discover some beta-blockers for these genes. :D

I'm hoping the results of this research might make people think twice about condemning larger people as always being lazy/slobbish/greedy...and give larger people hope...:)

It obviously isn't the cause (or the only cause) in all cases of obesity of course, and diet and exercise are still important. I was wondering if anyone that is obese, or even just a bit overweight, would be offered genetic testing routinely in the near future?

Solus
13-Apr-07, 12:45
Might be in the gene's, but if you dont over eat you dont get fat. You dont get over weight by not eating.
Same as alcohol, it maybe in the genes that you can easily become addicted to drink, drugs or both, but stay off or take alcohol in moderation and you dont become dependant on it !

rich
13-Apr-07, 15:44
Here's my challenge. A clandestine cell of Presbyterian Christians and Muslims are conspiring to open a Chinese resturant with menus in Gaelic, Hindustani and Urdu. The idea is to make ethnic minorities feel right at home.Actually the preceding sentence is an utterly fraudulent lie and a blatant attempt to mislead. It is in fact the first sentence of my latest work olf fiction which is entitled SEX AND TURBANS - A GAY MAN REVEALS ALL!!!!!

Blazing Sporrans
13-Apr-07, 17:06
I don't doubt the accuracy or validity of the research in this field, however to use it as the excuse for all obesity does not do justice to the years of study and hard work udoubtedly involved. I'm sure that this cannot be the excuse for every single overweight person when I've just read that obesity levels in the UK have increased threefold since the 1980's.... :eek: