PDA

View Full Version : parking in castletown

postman pat
07-May-05, 19:52
was in castletown today and found the parking outside the mace shop very dangerous double parked .took me ten minutes to get on the main road.
Its will be worse at the end of the month when the spar lorries deliver to what is now the mace shop

warrior
07-May-05, 20:34
Yes i believe Spar use articulated vehicles for most of their deliveries now not good news for congestion

FoosumBrute
07-May-05, 20:48
Park your car in Castletown for 10 minutes and you're more likely to find it up on blocks with the wheels nicked.

warrior
07-May-05, 20:52
Lorrys to? i take it they are not fussy

SandTiger
07-May-05, 23:44
Park your car in Castletown for 10 minutes and you're more likely to find it up on blocks with the wheels nicked.

CarJackings at the lights shall be next :lol:

linzy222
08-May-05, 00:38
I did hear somewhere that there was double yellows getting put round the shop, which i think the sooner the better!!

SandTiger
08-May-05, 00:49
I did hear somewhere that there was double yellows getting put round the shop, which i think the sooner the better!!

But how will the local traders survive and the local shoppers/residents, will they be driven into Sommorfields?

Fifi
08-May-05, 08:44
There's a flippin' car park right across the road from the shop so there SHOULD NOT be any problems parking in Castletown near the Mace shop. The problem is the inconsiderate and stupid drivers who are creating the hazard!

The 'best' examples of bad parking are those who pull round the corner between the Mace and the St. Clair and park about 2 feet round the corner. Occasionally they will do this even if someone else is parked on the opposite side. This effectively blocks that whole junction, leading to congestion on the main street as well. Not only is this inconsiderate, it is illegal and down right dangerous.

You can tell that this annoys me slightly can't you??! I think that the double yellows round the corner of this junction will help - also if they are patrolled vigourously for a while by the parking attendant - and tickets given out (not often I agree with tickets but this situation warrants them). Access to the car park also needs to be improved to encourage people to use it.

And Foosumbute - ha, ha very funny (not) comment about getting your wheels nicked.... :roll: Is there anyone you won't slag off??

Anonymous
08-May-05, 08:56
I agree with Fifi, the parking outside the shop in Castletown causes utter chaos sometimes. There is a perfectly good car park just across the road, are people really too lazy to walk that short distance? I often try to turn the corner by the shop and it is completely blocked. The sooner there are double yellow lines the better....

While we are on the subject of parking what about the tour buses that park outside the Royal blocking the left hand lane at the traffic lights at 4-30 pm?

warrior
08-May-05, 12:30
No point parking for the shop in castletown soon anyway it will be far to expensive when it changes to Spar beter off going to Somerfield, and thats saying something aint it.

Bobinovich
09-May-05, 11:52
IWhile we are on the subject of parking what about the tour buses that park outside the Royal blocking the left hand lane at the traffic lights at 4-30 pm?

Hear hear! They've got a sizeable car park at the rear so why not do it there. I'm not bothered so much except when it's peak traffic times as then it's a right pain.

linzy222
09-May-05, 20:12
Some people who drive that buses must of read this topic today lol

I passed the royal at about 4.30 this afternoon, might of been a bit later, and at the back of homeaids charity shop here was a bus unloading all the cases, so not all the drivers pull in outside the royal