PDA

View Full Version : North Trains

dozy
10-Apr-07, 09:54
Its easy seeing that Public Transport has gone to pot when the trains stops to let the staff have smoke breaks .We stopped twice at stations were no passengers got on or off but the staff got off for a smoke .This added 15 mins to the slowest train journey on the planet.Why do people put up with this service ??????

Torvaig
10-Apr-07, 15:21
If they are scheduled stops it makes no difference if someone gets on or off.

There is a timetable to adhere to and the staff were just taking advantage of the break.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong and they were deliberately holding up the train to have a smoke....;)

badger
10-Apr-07, 16:20
dozy said it added 15 mins to the journey so don't think they could have been scheduled stops - assuming he's looking at the latest timetable. They did add to the journey time a while ago. If smoking stops made the train late, dozy, you should complain. No excuse for making such a slow journey even slower.

No point expecting much from ScotRail though. I've just tried to book a ticket south later in the year and they don't yet have timetables or take bookings after mid-May. Heaven only knows what tourists coming here must think.

Victoria
10-Apr-07, 17:40
No point expecting much from ScotRail though. I've just tried to book a ticket south later in the year and they don't yet have timetables or take bookings after mid-May. Heaven only knows what tourists coming here must think.

i'd think its like the same rubbishy service we've got down here.

peedie
11-Apr-07, 12:13
did u stop at lairg or rogart? they change drivers about there sometimes, and you have to wait for the other train to pass u at a station at a couple of stops, so they're hanging round anyways i use the train a lot and they've never stopped purely to smoke

poppett
12-Apr-07, 14:50
Many years ago when I travelled up and down from Inverness every fortnight we always stopped an extra few minutes at Golspie to let my dog off to use a lamp post!!!

Rheghead
12-Apr-07, 18:09
Don't forget that today is when the steam train comes and the schedule has gone into chaos today. My mother in law went back today and she missed her connections and the railway put on a taxi back to Glasgow from Inverness. How expensive was that for them?:eek:

peedie
12-Apr-07, 18:59
i was caught in the middle of it to, had to wait for the next train, and it ran a half hour late :( no alt arrengements for me because i didnt tell the conductor (who i bought my ticket from) that i was going to aberdeen and needed to make the connection....