PDA

View Full Version : Mace to Spar

warrior
06-May-05, 12:09
4 Mace stores of John Murrays are changing to Spar at the end ot the Month!Is this a good thing? Higher prices poorer quality of goods and poor service level.

postman pat
07-May-05, 10:01
i agree also Spar is very dear Mace has some good offers.The shops moving to spar are in Golspie ,helmsdale,castletown and Thurso.
Mace are looking for more shops to replace them,as they themselves may be bought over by asda :D ,whom are looking at maces parent company sommerfield just now.

warrior
07-May-05, 10:50
Asda coming in to the conveniance store sector would be a great thing for the North as im sure prices would be far less than Spar.Im also sure that it would be a great thing for Wick and Thurso if that comedians Somerfield were taken over by Asda or some other proffesional retailer

postman pat
07-May-05, 19:40
at least the mace shops in main street golspie and brora will still be staying mace not going to spar.
:D The person who runs them only leases them from mace thus not allowed to change them.

warrior
07-May-05, 20:47
Well i supose thats a start but i suppose most folk will now use the Co-op after the change.Did you see today that the Co-op is looking at buying over somerfield who own Mace even better i would think.

SandTiger
07-May-05, 23:49
I have just heard that Matalans is taking over Elizabeths in Thurso, can anyone please confirm this?

Fran
08-May-05, 03:28
Is it the Elizabeths material shop in Thurso that you say is changing to Matalans?, I dont think so as Elizabeth is not selling and the premises would be too small for a matalan store.

lynne duncan
08-May-05, 09:39
cannot see matalan using elizabeths as the mataln website says they require 25 - 30000sqm for their stores
though they are continually looking for sites wonder if they would consider using the old caithness glass factory

postman pat
08-May-05, 13:19
matalan are looking at a unit next to argos in wick.So are pets at home.

postman pat
08-May-05, 13:20

~~Tides~~
08-May-05, 18:32
I hope Pets at home dont come, remember the scandel with the rabbits, the spades and the skips? And the Pets Bits and Peaces is a great shop.

champagnebaby
08-May-05, 22:10

How do ye know at?

warrior
08-May-05, 22:40
He is the posty he knows athing

Bobinovich
09-May-05, 11:27
[lol] [lol] [lol]

I love it! Any other weird & wonderful takeovers?