PDA

View Full Version : immunisations

danc1ngwitch
09-Apr-07, 20:07
I took my little girl along for her 2nd lot of immunisations the other day.
Wow they get so much now, so much has changed.
I found myself thinking oh my goodness am i doing the right thing, i found myself thinking, i do not really understand alot of this and like most mothers trust that they know whats best.

Julia
09-Apr-07, 20:29
It does seem a lot doesn't it, my wee boy is 16 weeks old and has just had 3 jabs in one visit. Here is the list in a nutshell, damn big nutshell tho!

Age of child Disease (and vaccine)
2 months Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTaP/IPV/Hib) Invasive pneumococcal disease (PCV)

3 months Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTaP/IPV/Hib) Meningitis C (MenC)

4 months Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTaP/IPV/Hib) Invasive pneumococcal disease (PCV)Meningitis C

About 12 months Haemophilus influenzae type b and Meningitis C (Hib/MenC)

About 13 months Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
Invasive pneumococcal disease (PCV))

3 years 4 months to 5 years old Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and polio (DTaP/IPV or DTaP/IPV) Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)

13 to 18 years old Tetanus, diphtheria and polio (Td/IPV)

gleeber
09-Apr-07, 21:14
Although it must be awful for any parent who may suspect childhood immunisation was responsable for their childs change of behaviour, just looking at that list of illnesses is enough to make me grateful for the advances in medical science over the last 50 years.