PDA

View Full Version : Jane Bremner nee McKay

tenabowla
09-Apr-07, 10:34
I am looking for the location of a gravestone/MI for Jane Mckay widow of Alexander Bremner, she died on 7th August 1857. Her place of death was given as Waterloo parish of Wick.

Can anyone assist please.

tenabowla
26-Apr-07, 12:39
I have had little joy on this. Does anyone know where waterloo parish would have been and if so, would deaths in this area be buried at the cemetery by Harmsworth park?

tenabowla
16-Jun-07, 13:17
I am looking for the location of a gravestone/MI for Jane Mckay widow of Alexander Bremner, she died on 7th August 1857. Her place of death was given as Waterloo parish of Wick.

Can anyone assist please.

Could Trinkie maybe advise on this, I noted that he/she was of the opinion that some burials might have been at the church and not the cemetary in Wick.

trinkie
16-Jun-07, 14:03
I am sure there is an old cemetery near to the Parish church in Wick...
I have written to ask someone who might be able to help.
I have also asked where Waterloo Parish is.
Will let you know.
Good Luck
Trinkie

Torvaig
16-Jun-07, 17:52
There is a place called Waterloo Farm just outside of Wick on the Thurso road.

Janpat41
17-Jun-07, 00:32
Torvaig has bet me to this reply. I don't know of any other Waterloo in Caithness.

Try this link for the exact location: http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm?mapAction=gaz&gazName=pc&gazString=KW1%205ST

I would say that the burial would be in Wick.

trinkie
17-Jun-07, 08:04
Well, you have the answer - thanks to some good Caithness folk !

Waterloo is on the Wick - Thurso road , between Milton and Haster
and I too think they would have been buried in Wick.

Regards
Trinkie

tenabowla
21-Jun-07, 12:02
Thanks very much for the feedback, I will need to get a look around the wick church cemetery to see if I can find something.
The Waterloo farm connection seems logical, they were from a farming background. I am not aware of any other references to Waterloo in Wick.