PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the prime minister

crayola
09-May-15, 20:18
Congratulations to David Cameron on his re-election as prime minister of the United Kingdom. Congratulations also to my MP who was re-elected with an increased majority. We are at last rid of the wrong Miliband who also lost his Party's Balls. Eek!

sids
09-May-15, 20:20
Do you own an MP?

crayola
09-May-15, 22:24
Do you own an MP?I've had a number over the years. ;) I had to divorce one to get him out of the house. :p

davth
09-May-15, 22:53
We have all been screwed by MPs in the past crayola

crayola
10-May-15, 11:05
Ha ha very good, but most of you won't have enjoyed the experience. :D I would have preferred another Conservative LibDem coalition but a girl can't always have everything she wants.

Rheghead
10-May-15, 13:15
Congratulations to the Prime minister on an effective campaign. His mantra to threaten England with the democratic choice of Scotland revealed more than he bargained for about the psyche of him and his supporters.

sids
10-May-15, 13:26
Congratulations to the Prime minister on an effective campaign. His mantra to threaten England with the democratic choice of scotland revealed more than he bargained for about the psyche of him and his supporters.

It's considered polite to write Scotland with a capital S.

Rheghead
10-May-15, 13:27
It's considered polite to write Scotland with a capital S.

Thanks for pointing that out, it wasn't intentional.

sids
10-May-15, 13:29
Thanks for pointing that out, it wasn't intentional.

Back tracking now, eh?

Death to traitors!

crayola
11-May-15, 14:30
It was amusing to see and hear the new intake of Scottish MPs arriving in London. Although in some ways refreshing, their outspokenly naive enthusiasm reminded me of a Glasgow hen party down here for a boozy weekend. Angus Robertson will have an unenviable mission trying to train that lot how to work the system. :D I shall watch the process with some detachment sad to say.

squidge
11-May-15, 14:49
Is that not cod you are flying around on your broomstick?

crayola
11-May-15, 16:14
I forgot to mention that the blokie I sat next to on the plane told me he'd seen Ed Miliband at Departures just before the new MPs arrived! I have no confirmation of this but it's ironic if true. :) I normally fly via City Airport to avoid crowds and hassle. After today I'll think twice before making my choice. It's good to have more women MPs but that lot were cackling like hens when the cockerel arrives to do his business.

davth
11-May-15, 20:19
How long before the ned MP's completely embarrass us.Mhairi Black.....what the actual...She is being ripped to bits on USA prime time telly, at least she has put us on the map!!!!

crayola
11-May-15, 21:58
I didn't see Mairi today unfortunately. The Tory toffs will love her. :) It really was Ed at the airport, on his way to Ibiza according to the BBC. Mairi at Westminster and Ed in Ibiza! How their locations are not as might be presumed. :D

Rheghead
12-May-15, 00:54
How long before the ned MP's completely embarrass us.Mhairi Black.....what the actual...She is being ripped to bits on USA prime time telly, at least she has put us on the map!!!!

Why is she being ripped to bits in the USA?

golach
12-May-15, 07:46
just follow her foul mouthed tweets Rheg, she is a good example of a Scot, NOT no wonder the American press have picked up on her.

spurtle
12-May-15, 07:54
The problem is that people voted for people no matter what their capabilities as MPs were , but on what party they are - there should be at least to candidates per party so people have a proper choice. I saw Mairi Black on the BBC and it was quite
embarrassing .

davth
12-May-15, 09:29

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11574555/Head-butts-Nazis-and-sham-campaigns-The-scandals-linked-to-the-SNP-firebrands-who-could-be-MPs.html

I would have pasted her Twitter feed but it would get me banned, it beggars belief that the SNP seen fit to put this type of person forward as a MP.The HBO show "this week tonight" found it hilarious.

squidge
12-May-15, 09:33
Mhair Black connected with the people in the doorstep. Whatever you think of her appearance, her accent, her tweets, the fact remains that the People on the doorstep voted for her because they believed she understood their needs and their hopes and aspirations for the future. They saw a young woman who grew up in their community, speaks their language, went to their schools, worked hard to get to university, cares about the people on the doorstep and the issues important to them. She didn't squeak in by a whisker, she won 51% of the vote and she has a majority of over 5 thousand. Who cares what they say about her on US daytime television - is any daytime TV a paragon of taste and political acumen? She will grow and change and she will mature into the role she is in. I have no doubt that she will do her best to be the best she can be. Whether she will be good, bad or magnificent will remain to be seen but I'll tell you what - she is a brave brave lassie to stand tall in front of the insults and sexist and actually classist rubbish that will be thrown at her over the weeks and months. Fair play to her - I wouldn't have had the guts to do what she is doing at 20!

davth
12-May-15, 09:47
It was a Sunday night show which is broadcast worldwide.,Her Twitter feed tells you all you need to know about her

BetterTogether
12-May-15, 10:29
The reality is the only class rubbish being thrown about is perpetuated by those who tend to be more left of centre its an easy target to raise the hackles and has no place in modern politics.

The vast majority of wealthy people are self made nowadays and come from the same places as everyone else.

Look at the attacks on JK Rowling sexist misogynitic taunts coming from one area only.

squidge
12-May-15, 10:49
Absolutely go look at Mhairi Black's Twitter feed. I just spent a wee while scrolling through it and there is nothing to be scared to look at. BT you are right to point out the appalling attacks on JK Rowling, the dreadful homophobic sexist attacks on Ruth Davidson and the appalling mysoginistic behaviour of George Galloway towards Naz Shah are other examples. Attacks come from right across the board.

It's interesting that Mhairi Black gets hammered for saying it took all her effort not to "put the nut on" some particular no voters and yet the illustrious Jack McConnells tweet which said " if I meet a Tory, I'll (expletive deleted) boot them" is completely ignored. What is the difference? Except one said they hadn't done something and the other that they WOULD do something.

Don't tell me class comments come from the left only, if I had a pound for every time I had been told I should remember my place over the last few years. That I'm nothing but a "labour voter from Chadderton" so should shut up ;Or that because I "just work part time" I have no place "getting above myself" and speaking about politics. I would be a rich rich woman x

BetterTogether
12-May-15, 11:07
There is good and bad on all sides non of which are acceptable but sadly the reality is the Cybernats have gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to trolling, from experience there is no machivellian trick they will not use to try silence a vociferous objector.

davth
12-May-15, 11:09
So squidge, you find Mhairi blacks Twitter comments and references to violence acceptable ?

rob murray
12-May-15, 11:27
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11574555/Head-butts-Nazis-and-sham-campaigns-The-scandals-linked-to-the-SNP-firebrands-who-could-be-MPs.html

I would have pasted her Twitter feed but it would get me banned, it beggars belief that the SNP seen fit to put this type of person forward as a MP.The HBO show "this week tonight" found it hilarious.

I wouldnt qoute from a past article from the Tory bible, and sorry squidge dont agree with your post, Labour as a party in Scotland were a joke, although Douglas Alexander is a very respected and experienced uncontroversial politician, it should beggar belief that he lost so heaviliy to an unproven 20 year old student regardless of sex / class, I dont for one minute believe that people on the doorstep voted for her soley because she grew up in their community and understands their hopes and aspirations ( sounds kinda SSP to me ! ) you mean she toed the party line and spouted on about how the SNP are the real voice of the people, anti austerity, bringing hope back, the only party who can enable people realise their potential etc etc all sound good stuff ....a wee thing called independance also played a part ! The Douglas Alexander situation in itself should prompt Labour to have a full and open post mortem on what went wrong and what has gone wrong in Scotland as regards Labour, LD's need to do the same. Ive nothing against the girl, she won, and won very well,but something went very badly wrong for Douglas Alexanader to lose to an inexperienced 20 year old. Now she has to step up to the mark and being left of centre she will fully know and expect the barrage of abuse that as a left of centre MP she will undoubtably get. Oh....one last point, is the SNP gag / party line / whip at Westminster needed because as time will out, we will find some MP's way left of centre and some to the right, the SNP are united in the desire for independance, like every party politically, they have different shades of blue via pink to red.

davth
12-May-15, 11:39
Facts are facts rob, she is a horrible creature

rob murray
12-May-15, 11:52
Mhair Black connected with the people in the doorstep. Whatever you think of her appearance, her accent, her tweets, the fact remains that the People on the doorstep voted for her because they believed she understood their needs and their hopes and aspirations for the future. They saw a young woman who grew up in their community, speaks their language, went to their schools, worked hard to get to university, cares about the people on the doorstep and the issues important to them. She didn't squeak in by a whisker, she won 51% of the vote and she has a majority of over 5 thousand. Who cares what they say about her on US daytime television - is any daytime TV a paragon of taste and political acumen? She will grow and change and she will mature into the role she is in. I have no doubt that she will do her best to be the best she can be. Whether she will be good, bad or magnificent will remain to be seen but I'll tell you what - she is a brave brave lassie to stand tall in front of the insults and sexist and actually classist rubbish that will be thrown at her over the weeks and months. Fair play to her - I wouldn't have had the guts to do what she is doing at 20!

A bit "misty eyed" and misreprentative...Mhairi Black is the daughter of a business man and her mother is a teacher, a double income well to do comfortably off middle class family, and doesnt everyone work hard to get to university...can she speak the language of the poor, the dispossed, the marginalised, has she ever felt and lived in poverty, has she ever lived an existance remotedly near them ? Class insults...what damn class, come off it shes well off, she's no Rosie Kane thats for sure !!

gleeber
12-May-15, 13:11
That's a bit unfair Rob. Jarvis Cocker knew the object of his analysis you don't. She comes over to me as very natural and she didn't have to be dragged up to have empathy for the common people. She's a confident young lassie and I for one wish her all the best.

rob murray
12-May-15, 13:27
That's a bit unfair Rob. Jarvis Cocker knew the object of his analysis you don't. She comes over to me as very natural and she didn't have to be dragged up to have empathy for the common people. She's a confident young lassie and I for one wish her all the best.

OK best of luck to her, hope the peple who voted her in get "social justice"

rob murray
12-May-15, 13:44
Facts are facts rob, she is a horrible creature

Graham Spiers ran a piece about her pre election and predicted that Douglas Alexander had a real fight on his hands, he was right.... twitter / facebook etc....I put down to youthful naivety and wont judge her on that, even though Im a Celtic fan ! Im willing to see what she delivers though, and standby my stance that she has no life expereince, came from a comfortable back ground and as a politics student..well ! She must be a good orator / connector / said the right things at the right time, as she won. Interesting that she claimed her family backgound was Labour and cites Keir Hardie as a political hero and slates new labour, as straying to far from "labour values"....a thought shared by many obviously as labour were destroyed in Scotland. WIthin the context of the UK if Blair hadnt "modernised" Labour then they would have been forever an opposition party. Seems in Scotland, this time around, the SNP came across as more in touch with or articulated core Scottish percieved traditional labour values...even though their track record is nowhere near as leftish as people think. So no I dont think shes horrible.

davth
12-May-15, 14:06
Graham Spiers ran a piece about her pre election and predicted that Douglas Alexander had a real fight on his hands, he was right.... twitter / facebook etc....I put down to youthful naivety and wont judge her on that, even though Im a Celtic fan ! Im willing to see what she delivers though, and standby my stance that she has no life expereince, came from a comfortable back ground and as a politics student..well ! She must be a good orator / connector / said the right things at the right time, as she won. Interesting that she claimed her family backgound was Labour and cites Keir Hardie as a political hero and slates new labour, as straying to far from "labour values"....a thought shared by many obviously as labour were destroyed in Scotland. WIthin the context of the UK if Blair hadnt "modernised" Labour then they would have been forever an opposition party. Seems in Scotland, this time around, the SNP came across as more in touch with or articulated core Scottish percieved traditional labour values...even though their track record is nowhere near as leftish as people think. So no I dont think shes horrible.Would that be the discredited journalist (sports) Graham Speirs? Who is renound for his inaccuracies

rob murray
12-May-15, 14:14
Would that be the discredited journalist (sports) Graham Speirs? Who is renound for his inaccuracies

Yep the very man...but he was right.... he predicted that she would win and obviously she did, quite an inisightful piece actually... http://www.mhairiblack.scot/graham-spiers-article-for-the-times/

Rheghead
12-May-15, 15:12

Is that all you got? A few off the cuff comments when she was 15?

davth
12-May-15, 15:26
Is that all you got? A few off the cuff comments when she was 15? So she mentioned restraining herself from nutting no voters a full 5 years prior to the referendum, several years prior to it being announced.Who is she Marty Mcfly?

Rheghead
12-May-15, 15:45
So she mentioned restraining herself from nutting no voters a full 5 years prior to the referendum, several years prior to it being announced.Who is she Marty Mcfly?

OMG, she restrained herself from putting the nut on someone who doesn't see things her way. Sounds like she is human.

davth
12-May-15, 15:48
So you find it acceptable for our politicians to speak in such a manner?Had David Cameron said similar would you back him?

golach
12-May-15, 15:52
OMG, she restrained herself from putting the nut on someone who doesn't see things her way. Sounds like she is human.Great representative for Scotland, I am glad I don't live in her constituency , what an embarrassment , not the type I would even share a drink with.

davth
12-May-15, 15:56
Finally some non blinkered sense

Rheghead
12-May-15, 16:33
So you find it acceptable for our politicians to speak in such a manner?Had David Cameron said similar would you back him?

She wasn't a politician then. She has a twitter feed that echoes her frustrations and aspirations from the age of 15 to the present day. She's angry, she still is angry at the way the coalition treated people. She shows passion. David cameron also resorted to expletives in the election campaign. So what?

BetterTogether
12-May-15, 16:49
Yes a wonderfully middle class girl whose never suffered anything in her life except waking up with someone else's money after a night on the lash " theft by finding at best " totally outraged with vicarious anger at how the coalition have treated people. Mind there's always someone out there prepared to accept any sort of behaviour from the SNP just because it the SNP init guv'nor normal acceptable rules of behaviour don't apply when it comes to them.

rob murray
12-May-15, 16:55
She wasn't a politician then. She has a twitter feed that echoes her frustrations and aspirations from the age of 15 to the present day. She's angry, she still is angry at the way the coalition treated people. She shows passion. David cameron also resorted to expletives in the election campaign. So what?

Anger is an energy ( John Lydon ) nothing wrong with anger but she's going to be a very angry young women, very quickly, when she realises how relatively powerless she actually is, and how little fiscal powers the smith commission report will be offering.
With Cameron it will be either:

1) We won – I’m givingthem nothing, take the Smith recommendations thats all your getting..... who’s locked out of power now?
Or
2) Give them the lot –let’s see how Fiscal Federalism works for you at a low oil barrel price .

I suspect that since the pricehas recovered a bit to the $ mid-sixties he’ll go for nothing at all.

The Smith Commission has a few things in it which might surprise / shock people in terms of what little is really on the table see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/397079/Scotland_EnduringSettlement_acc.pdf

rob murray
12-May-15, 16:58
Yes a wonderfully middle class girl whose never suffered anything in her life except waking up with someone else's money after a night on the lash " theft by finding at best " totally outraged with vicarious anger at how the coalition have treated people. Mind there's always someone out there prepared to accept any sort of behaviour from the SNP just because it the SNP init guv'nor normal acceptable rules of behaviour don't apply when it comes to them.

AGree with former, latter...tons of cases of men behaving very badly, cross party ! Subsidised boozer in House of Commons and all !

BetterTogether
12-May-15, 17:05
Aye I don't make excuses for any of them just shows they are all just as bad as one another.

Rheghead
12-May-15, 17:09
A teenager using inappropriate language? Who'd 've thought that eh? :roll:

crayola
12-May-15, 17:19
I want to be in the Strangers' Bar when Mairi strides over to George Osborne, pint of Tennent's lager in hand, and orders him to cease austerity because the people of Scotland have demanded it. I wish my wee sister's new MP the best of Renfrewshire luck on her mission. Just gie him a malky if he disnae dae it hen. :D

squidge
12-May-15, 20:08
Lol. I didn't say Mhairi Black was some sort of working class hero! You are right she is no Rosie Kane. But are you really suggesting that the voters that elected her are somehow "taken in", duped. She spoke in a way people recognised, about the topics that mattered to them - that's because she felt like one of their own, like she understood. People will make judgements about her because of her age her sex what she looks like and her accent and the way she speaks and the words she uses. People do that all the time, everything about her will be scrutinised and judgements about her class and therefore her legitimacy to comment - exactly as you guys did here- she can't be an effective voice because she isn't working class her da is too posh.I don't think there actually WAS any violence to condone but again, I never condone violence or the threat of violence. However I can forgive a naive, silly, 19 year old sooner than I can forgive a peer of the realm, an experienced politician and at the very least someone who is definitely old enough to know better.

rob murray
12-May-15, 20:40
Lol. I didn't say Mhairi Black was some sort of working class hero! You are right she is no Rosie Kane. But are you really suggesting that the voters that elected her are somehow "taken in", duped. She spoke in a way people recognised, about the topics that mattered to them - that's because she felt like one of their own, like she understood. People will make judgements about her because of her age her sex what she looks like and her accent and the way she speaks and the words she uses. People do that all the time, everything about her will be scrutinised and judgements about her class and therefore her legitimacy to comment - exactly as you guys did here- she can't be an effective voice because she isn't working class her da is too posh.I don't think there actually WAS any violence to condone but again, I never condone violence or the threat of violence. However I can forgive a naive, silly, 19 year old sooner than I can forgive a peer of the realm, an experienced politician and at the very least someone who is definitely old enough to know better.

Post withdrawn, why bother I cant be bothered by people in denial.

weeker2014
13-May-15, 00:20

I along with many other's on here wouldn't back him regardless of what he said or says!!! Many of you on here should be ashamed with yourselves! I am not sure are you having a go at her because of her age, because she is a female or because she's and SNP MP? Seems on here it isn't the cybernats with the problem, it is the so called Unionists who are doing more for causing division in every post they type, than any cybernat could ever do!

Scout
13-May-15, 08:22
I along with many other's on here wouldn't back him regardless of what he said or says!!! Many of you on here should be ashamed with yourselves! I am not sure are you having a go at her because of her age, because she is a female or because she's and SNP MP? Seems on here it isn't the cybernats with the problem, it is the so called Unionists who are doing more for causing division in every post they type, than any cybernat could ever do! So it is true what they say as members of SNP, you shall not say or condemn anything the SNP say or do, however you can slag off the Tories and Unionists.[lol]

rob murray
13-May-15, 09:03
Post withdrawn, read the smith report / recommendations I posted earlier : Ive decided that this whole malarky isnt worth the time to bother with.

BetterTogether
13-May-15, 09:19
I along with many other's on here wouldn't back him regardless of what he said or says!!! Many of you on here should be ashamed with yourselves! I am not sure are you having a go at her because of her age, because she is a female or because she's and SNP MP? Seems on here it isn't the cybernats with the problem, it is the so called Unionists who are doing more for causing division in every post they type, than any cybernat could ever do!

Now this post really does amuse me and shows the completely blinkered irrational SNP view in all it's wonderfully bizarre glory.
You wouldn't vote for " him" regardless of what he says or does.

Ok so if Mr David Cameron was to say you can have FFA and Indepenence shortly after,because of some unfathomable set of twisted principles you wouldn't vote Conservative.
I've yet to see a single unionist post that any one should be ashamed of.

So There we have the reality of SNP mentality blinkered,regressive,non sensical and based on some fantasy because the reality of SNP policies is they aren't working, they are costing we the taxpayer more unecessary money, they are failing the children, elderly, sick and poor with their spend spend spend let's plunge Scotland into ruin policies as long as we get independence.

cptdodger
13-May-15, 10:22
Let's be honest now, it would not have mattered a jot who was standing for Paisley & Renfrewshire South, as long as they were standing for SNP they would have been voted in, no SNP voter cares about Mhairi Black's age, about the language she uses or has used, about her background, it does not matter, they wanted the seat, and it is as simple as that.

davth
13-May-15, 11:51
As demonstrated by Mhairi Black, all she is missing is the trackie and baseball cap.

crayola
13-May-15, 14:51
Let's be honest now, it would not have mattered a jot who was standing for Paisley & Renfrewshire South, as long as they were standing for SNP they would have been voted in, no SNP voter cares about Mhairi Black's age, about the language she uses or has used, about her background, it does not matter, they wanted the seat, and it is as simple as that.Try telling that to Paco McSheepie. He did his damnedest yet he failed to get elected. People (not you) should lay off Mairi, the lassie done well so far. Her real test begins now. I shall follow her progress with interest.

crayola
14-May-15, 10:53
Now the election is over we should expect David Cameron and his majority government to enter into a phase of whirlwind lawmaking activity. They will implement their newly promised policies and they will do all the things their former coalition partners prevented them doing over the previous five years. They will do this while the opposition parties are either contemplating their navels or trying to organise their incoherent rabble of new MPs. Thus are the spoils of victory for a popular encumbent prime minister. The economy will benefit from not having a period of uncertainty that a hung parliament followed by at best a loose coalition of warring parties would have brought. The economy will be stronger and the people of this country should be grateful for our good fortune.

squidge
16-May-15, 15:36
The economy will be stronger and the people of this country should be grateful for our good fortune.Unless of course, those people are sick, disabled waiting for PIP decisions; unless they are carers, unemployed or working part time and getting a tax credit top up or women! Those people won't be feeling very grateful crayola. They will likely feel worried sick about what's going to happen to them.

embow
17-May-15, 12:25
As demonstrated by Mhairi Black, all she is missing is the trackie and baseball cap.Really?Tuesday and Wednesday maybe gives a little insight about her attitude to life?http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/mhairi-blacks-diary-of-a-novice-mp-in-which-our-heroine-goes-through-the-.126259431

crayola
21-May-15, 11:51
That's not a bad start from young Mairi. But the novelty seems to be wearing off by the end of the week. Is she tough enough to last the whole innings? Meanwhile David Cameron is settling into a programme that will be excellent for the economy and for the people of Britain. Things are looking good all round. :)

squidge
21-May-15, 13:01
Meanwhile David Cameron is settling into a programme that will be excellent for the economy and for the people of Britain. Things are looking good all round. :)

Unless of course, those people are sick, disabled waiting for PIP decisions; unless they are carers, unemployed or working part time and getting a tax credit top up or women! Things arent looking good for those people. They will likely feel worried sick about what's going to happen to them.

crayola
30-May-15, 20:41
I want to be in the Strangers' Bar when Mairi strides over to George Osborne, pint of Tennent's lager in hand, and orders him to cease austerity because the people of Scotland have demanded it. I wish my wee sister's new MP the best of Renfrewshire luck on her mission. Just gie him a malky if he disnae dae it hen. I asked my sister what she thinks of her new MP. My usually loquacious sister's monosyllabic response was uncharacteristically laconic:

'Crap!'

:D :D :D