PDA

View Full Version : Scotrail - you've got to love them!

mareng
05-May-05, 19:04
When is Scotrail going to fix the heating on their trains to Inverness?????

I had the missfortune to take the train from Thurso to Inverness during the cold-snap at the begining of April. The train was absolutely freezing! I wrote to Scotrail mentioning that they had not fixed the heating in the 16 years that the trains have run.

Result - £15 of train vouchers. (I guess I could set fire to them to keep warm)

No mention of why they have no effective heating after 16 years though.

Bit late for this year, but I would recommend all others who suffer this lack of heating in the future -------- to send Scotrail a letter of complaint and demand at least half your fair back. If they have to shell out in serious numbers- they might just fix it.

The bus companies must be rubbing their hands (as I was on the train)

Riffman
05-May-05, 19:28
you should try travelling from wick then.....brrrr it take ages to heat up...

Rheghead
05-May-05, 19:44
I am not being contrary for contrary's sake but I had a trip from Forsinard to Inverness in early April. The heating was very satisfactory in fact a tad too warm, but temperature is a very subjective subject. I can be sat in my living room sweltering and my missus can be shivering.

dragonfly
05-May-05, 19:47
the last time I went on the train (March) we had loads of heat :D , unfortunately the train never made it any further than Georgemas, sat there , ankles burning from the heat, for over an hour and then returned to Thurso where we were told that they would eventually get a bus or taxi to take us to inverness - ended up taking the car!

Brizer2k2
05-May-05, 19:56
I recommend everyone takes a sleeping bag and hot water bottle with them on their next painful trip down to Inverness on the train.

:lol:

mareng
05-May-05, 19:58
I am not being contrary for contrary's sake but I had a trip from Forsinard to Inverness in early April. The heating was very satisfactory in fact a tad too warm, but temperature is a very subjective subject. I can be sat in my living room sweltering and my missus can be shivering.

I don't feel the cold --- but I had my jacket and thermal gloves on! I took the train rather than my motorbike - I would have been warmer on the bike.

Face it - it's a terrible service.

~~Tides~~
05-May-05, 20:54
But its First now isnt it? Hasnt the service got better?

Anonymous
05-May-05, 21:21
the train service is a joke. When you can get to Inverness on the Bus quicker than the train you know something must be wrong............

mareng
05-May-05, 21:31
the train service is a joke. When you can get to Inverness on the Bus quicker than the train you know something must be wrong............

Well, that's not quite fair - as the train serves Lairg etc on the way south. Those communities deserve a service (a heated one, that is)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-May-05, 14:59
when the biggest (public?) transport group in the world buys scotrail , you'd hope they knew what they're doing, lets hope for some improvements!! I would be more worried about the state of the track at altnabreck than the heat on the train, rather be too cold or too hot rather than off the rails!!