PDA

View Full Version : was a joke about driving

johno
08-Apr-07, 22:20
Private 07-Apr-07 21:46Reversed 5Inappropriate Language
hi folks this ll be my last post ,i have enjoyed posting & reading all your posts but ive had enough of this. i got the above points for using the word ass in a joke that i posted. i thought it was a good joke, nothing of a sexual content or any swearword,s only ass. i looked up the dictionary and the definition was , ass a beast of burden, or american slang [fool] or a rear end.
i wont be posting anymore & i wont even be looking at the org either so i wish each & every one of you my very best wishes .
aw to hell with it the rebel in me cant resist it. neil fernie start counting the 5 points here. ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

Jeemag_USA
08-Apr-07, 22:34
See your point, its silly to block or moderate such a word, but I guess its a community forum and they can do what they like. This harkens me back to a long ago 'pet hates' thread and mine was the one where people post threads to say their leaving and I bring out the worlds smallest violin and start strumming it with my pinky. If this was all we had to worry about in the world. Come on man don't take it so seriously and have a laugh! :P

Angela
08-Apr-07, 22:43
oh no, Johno, please don't leave me sweeping round the supermarket without you. :~(

sam
08-Apr-07, 22:50
yeah lol, its a case of who's next :confused

Bobinovich
08-Apr-07, 22:52
I have PM'd Johno that the infraction was REVERSED - i.e. it was deemed that ass was not an inappropriate word and therefore the points have been taken back off. I believe he may have misunderstood the PM from Admin.

Jeemag_USA
08-Apr-07, 23:22
Aw dang it, does that mean I have to put my wee violin away [lol]

henry20
09-Apr-07, 12:02
Poor Show Johno, you've brought some amusing jokes to caithness.org and I've enjoyed your input, but despite you getting clarification that the points were reversed (as it stated on the piece you copied and pasted), you didn't feel the need to retract your statement when you logged in this morning. Funnily enough, if they hadn't retracted the initial points, there would've been no complaint. The irony!! :lol:

dozerboy
09-Apr-07, 13:00
Poor Show Johno, you've brought some amusing jokes to caithness.org and I've enjoyed your input, but despite you getting clarification that the points were reversed (as it stated on the piece you copied and pasted), you didn't feel the need to retract your statement when you logged in this morning. Funnily enough, if they hadn't retracted the initial points, there would've been no complaint. The irony!! :lol:

I assume he didn't notice the retraction - they do seem fairly rare on here!!

Colin Manson
09-Apr-07, 13:24
You have

No idea how many Infractions have been issued
No idea how many I have reversed.

Anyone that attempts to stir up trouble without any evidence will receive an Infraction for trolling. You have been given fair warning.

horseman
09-Apr-07, 13:44
I know some people(me included) think this site is 'world' ranking,so for the slap down in response to an every day expression kind'a smarts of totalianism.:(

johno
09-Apr-07, 14:42
well im sorry but i did,nt notice that it had been reversed, a quick glance showed me the thing was still there ,for that i apoligise to all concerned. i would have thought that the whole thing would have been erased completely.
in fact i took exception to it being put there in the first instant. do the mods not have someone higher to get advice on these things or are they free to pick & chose who they penalise. lets all face it we have all read much more spicier posts than my one and not even a whisper from the mods. [evil]

dozerboy
09-Apr-07, 17:54
You have

No idea how many Infractions have been issued
No idea how many I have reversed.
Anyone that attempts to stir up trouble without any evidence will receive an Infraction for trolling. You have been given fair warning.

Steady on there Colin - I made an observation from my personal experience, and I do not believe it was stirring up trouble. I already have an ever expanding list of warnings thanks, most of them pretty trivial things, when there are some on here getting away with a lot more. I seem to have hit a nerve there, is it a sore point?

Colin Manson
09-Apr-07, 17:59
No, it's just speculation without any proof, the fact that you have "an ever expanding list of warnings" just goes to show that Infractions aren't dished out in the manner that you suggest. You are contradicting yourself.

dozerboy
09-Apr-07, 18:09
No, it's just speculation without any proof, the fact that you have "an ever expanding list of warnings" just goes to show that Infractions aren't dished out in the manner that you suggest. You are contradicting yourself.

Whatever you say boss!!

fred
09-Apr-07, 19:03
I can kiss mine.

http://www.graven-images.org.uk/temp/kissass.jpg

Piglet
09-Apr-07, 19:13
:lol: Great post Fred lol

corgiman
09-Apr-07, 19:18
:lol: what a great picture, dont they have lovely eyes:lol:
ps I didn't realise there was a smiley limit

Angela
09-Apr-07, 19:54
what a good post fred! :D

Errogie
09-Apr-07, 20:04
Fred, our donkey used to crunch car wing mirrors effortlessly. Do you still have a nose? He had to go when he started chasing lambs and then I spotted him swinging a two year old around by the anorak hood.

The child was loving it but it made my blood run cold, and then some years later there he was on page three of a local paper the centre piece of a nativity play surrounded by small kids and eyeing a real baby in the crib....

horseman
09-Apr-07, 20:52
What a superb post fred! One of the best piccies in a long time..:)

connieb19
09-Apr-07, 20:58
I can kiss mine.

http://www.graven-images.org.uk/temp/kissass.jpgAww fred, that's lovely! :lol:

Fran
10-Apr-07, 01:28
Beautiful picture of your a-- Fred, I darent say the word. I was going to say i had seen a creature like this near Watten but couldnt put a.. Great picture.

Rheghead
10-Apr-07, 01:45
I can kiss mine.

He ough, he ough, he ought to know better than to kiss you back.

JAWS
10-Apr-07, 02:03
Fred, that's a cracker of a picture. If you turned that into a postcard I'm sure it would be a best seller!

Penelope Pitstop
10-Apr-07, 10:25
I can kiss mine.

Ahh isn't he/she's cute......the one on the left I mean!!!:)

scorrie
11-Apr-07, 14:23

fred briefs his key witness prior to the WTC7 trial ;o)

Fran
11-Apr-07, 23:43
great picture for a caption competition on the org

Jeemag_USA
11-Apr-07, 23:58
great picture for a caption competition on the org

I'm up for that!!!! :Razz

"My name is Fred, the short guy with the long hair does my googling for me!"

Just kiddin Fred ;)

North Rhins
12-Apr-07, 00:01
I'm up for that!!!! :Razz

"My name is Fred, the short guy with the long hair does my googling for me!"

Just kiddin Fred ;)

‘You’d better be ‘just kiddin,’ Jeemag, or you’ll end up with five infraction points like I got!

Jeemag_USA
12-Apr-07, 00:48
‘You’d better be ‘just kiddin,’ Jeemag, or you’ll end up with five infraction points like I got!

Ach they can bring it on, if thats all I had to worry about in life I'd be a happy chappie :Razz

Fred gets a hard time I know, but i spoke to him in PM and he is no a bad chap, live and let live thats what I say, people get too uptight on here, I am sure me and Fred could have a whale of a time with a few beers and a real life conversation [lol]

C'mon the Freds!!

Lolabelle
12-Apr-07, 06:11
Fred, our donkey used to crunch car wing mirrors effortlessly. Do you still have a nose? He had to go when he started chasing lambs and then I spotted him swinging a two year old around by the anorak hood.

The child was loving it but it made my blood run cold, and then some years later there he was on page three of a local paper the centre piece of a nativity play surrounded by small kids and eyeing a real baby in the crib....

Such a wonderful picture comes to mind. A preditory donkey:eek: What next :lol:

Billy Boy
12-Apr-07, 14:29

you got what you deserved, dont you think?? so what you moaning about:roll:

johno
15-Apr-07, 10:14
I can kiss mine.

yea fred that is a cool pic , good caption too. cheer,s