PDA

View Full Version : Who do I contact regarding....

oodyourdabe
06-May-15, 15:36
Hi all, I am wondering who I contact regarding something I have bought on here that is faulty when I was assured that it was in working order and everything was working okay with it? I have had a look around and can't find any leads on someone to contact or if anything can be done regarding it. Any help would be appreciated!

sids
06-May-15, 16:12
Private sale, not from a business?

Not much chance of satisfaction, I expect, unless you nicely ask the seller for your money back. Before complaining on the forum, obviously!

Kevin Milkins
06-May-15, 18:22
I was going to say that the person you bought it off would be a good place to start, but the previous post pretty much sums that up.

Valiant209
07-May-15, 06:22
European law small claims court

alistair harper
07-May-15, 23:37
not getting into the who what where and why have you given the person you purchessed the item from a chance to put things right

scorrie
08-May-15, 07:59
Hi all, I am wondering who I contact regarding something I have bought on here that is faulty when I was assured that it was in working order and everything was working okay with it? I have had a look around and can't find any leads on someone to contact or if anything can be done regarding it. Any help would be appreciated!

You have an awful lot less rights when buying privately.

You would need proof that the seller was misleading you. If you had their original advert to hand, which shows that they claimed an item was in working order, then that would be a help. If it was through the forum then it might be hard to prove that the person who placed the advert was the person you bought the item from.

The small claims route would have fees attached by the Sheriff Court, which could be waived if you are on certain benefits.

The obvious questions would be whether you tested the item before buying, and if not, why not? Once the item is in your ownership, the seller can equally claim that any fault arising could be your doing. If you didn't see the item working before buying, it puts you in a poor position and I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Buyers need to be careful when not making purchases through an actual business.