PDA

View Full Version : Beauty through herbs

pie2000
04-May-05, 22:48
Hiya all

Does anyone know how come beauty through herbs closed so quietly!!

There appeared to be nothing even in the paper about it (unless i just didnt see it) I have heard it is going to be a dentist but maby that is just rumour! What about the loss of jobs and such like ?

Fran
05-May-05, 00:44
It is not going to be a dentists, but a dentist did buy the premises, to make in to more flats to add to his collection

misschief
05-May-05, 09:01
a dentist that also owns a private dental care practice on the river side did buy it but it is getting turned into a beauty salon. I also heard that the beauty salon would be upstairs while a hairdressers would be downstairs.

linzy222
05-May-05, 09:30
Oh never, there are far too many hairdressers in Thurso and Wick

We need more clothes shops!!

pie2000
05-May-05, 17:33
I agree we do need more clothes shops it is getting really bad. People must be more concerned about their hair than the way we dress eh hahaha!

colmac
05-May-05, 19:18
Not too sure, but I heard that Blow Your Top is moving into the bottom shop of Beauty Through Herbs to comply with handicapped access. So it isn't actually another hairdresser, just one relocating.
Does anyone know if the rumours that Graham Beggs in Thurso is closing permanently are true?

pie2000
05-May-05, 21:34
Well that would be great NOT :eek:

No clothes!!! and now no toys what wi J Allan closing too. All these new houses and eh shops are getting less!!

Fran
06-May-05, 00:12
No, Graham Begg is not closing his thurso shop, just the toys side of it. it will be all white goods, eg washing machines, fridges etc.

Smee2
06-May-05, 10:07
Great!! No toys is xmas, will be getting a cappucino machine instead :D

pie2000
06-May-05, 14:09
Are they not just closing for a bit o refurbishment in the toy store and to possibly put some kind o lift in for disabled access? Im sure that is what it was advertised as.

Although a coffee machine would do me at Christmas :D I dont think the bairn would find it funny :D

marlyn
06-May-05, 15:59
A member of staff working in Graham Beggs toy shop told me that the toy dept was/has closing/closed for good and that she had been made redundant. She also told me that whoever has bought Jessie Allans is keeping the toy shop upstairs but is doing something else downstairs, don't know what. At least we have some hope of toys for christmas, can't imagine my 3 yr old being very chuffed with a coffee maker somehow! :lol:

pie2000
06-May-05, 18:45
Hey maby it will be clothes down eh stair in J allens!! :Razz

If they are starting the beauty salon again at BTH's will it be the same staff? Could explain why there was no news about is closing if they are kept on??

captain chaos
07-May-05, 09:27
From what I have heard it’s all the non dentist people from the Bridgend practice. Wants the downstairs in Bridgend for more dentists.
Helen Maughn has rented the the building and will transfer from Bridgend

pie2000
07-May-05, 22:19
So what has happened to the folk at were there before :roll:

misschief
09-May-05, 08:40
It is all the beauty box staff from bridgend moving into the old beauty through herbs shop. The old staff have been paid off although at least two have started up on their own. One is a mobile beauty therapist in wick area the other has a shop on princes street or sinclair street I forget which.
I heard it that the owner of blow your top had been approached to see if she wanted to rent the downstairs area of the shop

kjl
09-May-05, 15:58
We would all be millionaire property developers !! :roll: