PDA

View Full Version : South Edinburgh SNP candidate found to be an internet troll

BetterTogether
24-Apr-15, 18:29
Today I was reading an article about the Neil Hay,South Edinburgh SNP candidate who has been found out to be a rather vile internet troll.

Given this man is actually standing as a candidate for the party is it right that he should just be told off and or should he be sacked from the party as would happen with any other party.
It appears Ms Sturgeon still endorses Mr Hay standing to be an MP but considering if he should win he would be expected to represent all his electorate.

Mr Hay went online under the anonymous title of Paco McSheepie and I shall quote his tweets, said.

" prize winners celebrate their great success at this years quisling awards ".

"Told I was not fit to vote when umpteen poor souls in the elderly bracket can vote but barely know their own name "

Is this the sort of rhetoric that we accept from a potential MP and representative of the SNP.

We've all been aware of cybernats and how the roam the net ready to pounce on any unionist but this is much closer to home he is part of the SNP hierarchy not just some person with no political power

dozy
24-Apr-15, 18:48
Christ " grow up " KIng Cameron actions today proves the " Union is Dead" and all you fools that voted NO swallowed it hook ,line and sinker. Yes voters don't feel angry about the vote ,they just feel pity that the No voters where blind to the truth. The Westminster parties Hate you more every day and it proves " that there's no fool like a unionist fool ".Now I wait for the Better together back lash .

BetterTogether
24-Apr-15, 19:40
Ahh another upset at the thought that it may just be democratic for each nation to have its own assembly. But those who are aggrieved by anything anyone says that doesn't benefit Scotland is a bad person. According to your average SNP zealot the whole nation should be in rags and eating cast offs while Scotland lives in a land of milk and honey .

PantsMAN
24-Apr-15, 20:30
We've all been aware of cybernats and how the roam the net ready to pounce on any unionist but this is much closer to home he is part of the SNP hierarchy not just some person with no political power
Lets put some of this into perspective.

The tweets that Labour are bouncing on are from 2012 and actually relate to a spoof website.

But they are quite mild in comparison to the vitriolic tweets from Labour's Ian Smart who as it happens is followed (in tweeting terms) by none other than Jim Murphy and Kezia Dugdale ! In FACT Ian Smart is followed by Murphy's entire back room team, including Blair McDougal and John McTernan.

No doubt it was John McTernan or Blair McDougal that came up with the wheez of having this faux outrage played out by Jim Murphy and Kezia Dugdale in order to save the skin of Labour's Ian Murrray (who probably also follows Ian Smart)

How bad are Ian Smart's tweets? Just lets say they are bad enough NOT to be repeated here !

The electorate will decide, they and no one else. If the FM decides to sack him, who will replace him?

Oh wait a minute, he cannot be replaced as it is too late for a new nominee.

Funny old thing.

What about the print media, the Westminster political leaders, the orange thugs in George Square, posters on this site, people on facebook, all the vile insulting words said and written about Nicola. As a unionist you are looking for reasons to criticise the SNP. Behave

Rheghead
24-Apr-15, 21:16
What gets me is that before the referendum, david Cameron was giving it "oh it would break my heart if the UK broke up, please don't go". Now he's got the result he wanted then he has done his hardest to make us feel unwanted in the UK.

BetterTogether
24-Apr-15, 21:46
The reality is offensive tweets by anyone holding public office are unacceptable or those trying to gain public office, playing the lets place the blame on labour game doesn't really work in this case.

Personally I think the SNPs halo is starting to slip and eventually they will be seen for what they are.

As for Rhegs comments the usual off topic rhetoric I do wish you'd start your own threads dear boy if you really have a gripe, hit the button new topic and put it out there!

squidge
25-Apr-15, 01:54
The tweet which refers to the prize winners at the annual quislings award was simply a tweet to link people to this article on BBC Scotlandshire - a satirical news mock up website, often quite funny. http://bbc.scotlandshire.co.uk/index.php/city-news/53-quislings.htmlIt

It has already been pointed out how dreadful most of Ian Smarts tweet are in comparison. but you know the point should really be is this what the political debate has come to? Your zoomers are worse than our zoomers. The voters will decide whether Mr Hay should represent them or not. Labour might be hopeful that their highlighting of Mr Hays tweet and saying that "he calls people traitors" when he links to a comedy article, will turn the tide of the support for them leaving in droves. We shall see. however we would all be wise to remember that calling people names, being rude and insulting about people from behind a pseudonym is never acceptable and that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BetterTogether
25-Apr-15, 09:20
The tweet which refers to the prize winners at the annual quislings award was simply a tweet to link people to this article on BBC Scotlandshire - a satirical news mock up website, often quite funny. http://bbc.scotlandshire.co.uk/index.php/city-news/53-quislings.htmlIt It has already been pointed out how dreadful most of Ian Smarts tweet are in comparison. but you know the point should really be is this what the political debate has come to? Your zoomers are worse than our zoomers. The voters will decide whether Mr Hay should represent them or not. Labour might be hopeful that their highlighting of Mr Hays tweet and saying that "he calls people traitors" when he links to a comedy article, will turn the tide of the support for them leaving in droves. We shall see. however we would all be wise to remember that calling people names, being rude and insulting about people from behind a pseudonym is never acceptable and that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
So there we have it blame others instead of setting a higher standard. So sad to see that political activists think it's acceptable and playing the blame game is some sort of excuse. Shameful that these people of any party consider themselves fit to lead.

A website may be one thing but I notice you totally ignore the comments directed at the elderly no excuses for those, considering they make up a large proportion of the electorate. So oft it's the way of political activists to focus on the part they can smudge into something lesser, both comments are unacceptable.

PantsMAN
25-Apr-15, 12:35
Define 'elderly'?

Remember, for folk in their 20s, elderly is probably 50+.

roshep
25-Apr-15, 17:15
'Christ' Really?! Do you have to blaspheme which may be offensive to many, or do you find it impossible to express yourself any other way. I'm imagining the latter to be true (and yes I am a 'Unionist fool' and Scottish and proud to be both!)