PDA

View Full Version : Hermes Courier

gillygirl
23-Apr-15, 12:24
Does anyone know who collects parcels for Hermes in this area? They failed to collect a parcel yesterday and I am getting fobbed off in webchat and fed up of no one to contact!!! If you are out there collection person, PICK UP MY PARCEL! First order and probably be the last, they must be cheaper for a reason and I think I just found it!

sweetpea
23-Apr-15, 15:12
Every delivery firm up here are a waste of time. Big companies that contract them don't realise they are then sub contracted out to others who don't fullfil the terms and conditions. I am waiting for parcels from AJG and the emails about my deliveries state I'm supposed to get a text an hour before its due for delivery but AJG drivers don't have phones to do that so every time I end up having to get the people I ordered from to recall the package and send it out by RM. The other thing that annoys me is when you get packaes from them and open them up they are soaking wet with condensation, what's that all about?

Rampant Rabbit
23-Apr-15, 20:09
Every ajg driver has a mobile phone so the office can stay in touch but they won,t tell you that

RWB
23-Apr-15, 21:02
Macritchie Highland Distribution (http://www.macritchiehighlanddistribution.com/) collect for Hermes up here, give them a shout and they'll make sure it's collected.

in defence of MHD, if they haven't collected it's probably because your details haven't been passed to them from Hermes

Incomer796/class4
23-Apr-15, 21:31
That Hermes bunch are a joke! Some random bloke appears in a battered up Ford Focus on a day / week / month that suits him. They should rename themselves Hermes Donkey Express, a bunch of jokers IMO. There's only one firm I'll use up here and that's the good old Royal Mail, they still manage to get a parcel up next day without any "surcharges" and actually KNOW where they are delivering the parcel to. It will obviously change, what with privatisation, but for the time being they are still the best. Any seller that imposes a "surcharge" because I, apparently, don't live on the UK "mainland" doesn't get my money....... simple as that.

Incomer796/class4
23-Apr-15, 21:36
The other thing that annoys me is when you get packages from them and open them up they are soaking wet with condensation, what's that all about?

I believe they ship to the Highlands using the canal networks..... it's damp but very "cost effective".