PDA

View Full Version : ZEROZ = unhappy easter bunnies

Julia
06-Apr-07, 14:08
My mum and her friends went to Zeroz in Wick for lunch the other day, they waited an 1 hour 30 minutes for fish and chips, she asked to see the manager twice and he didn't even bother talking to them! One of my friends had a very similar experience and gave up waiting and left with a refund.

:confused Does anyone know if there is any official body which regulates the types of music that is played in different types of establishments, the reason I ask is on one of our visits to the aforementioned pub there was some extremely unsuitable music being played in the presence of children, mine and others (teatime on a Saturday), I brought it to the attention of the manager who was so interested in what I was saying he just walked away and ignored me.

Pity as the food is pretty good but we won't be going there again!

dirdyweeker
06-Apr-07, 14:58
the night I went for a glass of wine there was NO white wine to be had!!
No bad for a bar.

danc1ngwitch
06-Apr-07, 16:46
forget about the bar lol, i was in a shop in Thurso and the woman was the most grumpy faced woman i have ever seen or heard. I told her so to, and i hope that i will never gurn in such a mannor and if i do then please lock me away.
I do not agree with taking children into bar's it is not a kiddies place, but i also see no harm in it if it's quiet.
An hour or more for chips, an hour or more[lol] I would have had a field day teasing the cough cough outta the cook;)

rainbow
06-Apr-07, 20:19
Went to Zeroz for lunch today and had my food within 10mins - it was excellent, and they even took my plate away straight away after I had finished, which they never used to do. Maybe I was lucky but I would go back again.

North Rhins
06-Apr-07, 20:33
I thought a white wine fruit based drink for the lady was the law?
By the way, I thought ‘zeroz’ was a copy machine? :confused

poppett
06-Apr-07, 22:32
Where is this eatery?

Jeemag_USA
06-Apr-07, 23:09

Zeroz was a sci fi film with Sean Connery wasn't it?

Julia
06-Apr-07, 23:45
Where is this eatery?

Formerly know as Sinclairs and before that Carters, it's opposite the camps car park in Wick.

The_man_from_del_monte
07-Apr-07, 00:37
there was some extremely unsuitable music being played in the presence of children

Sounds interesting... what was the music?

Moira
07-Apr-07, 00:39

I prefer the red grape variety myself

Zerox is the word you're looking for, North Rhins, world famous apparently

Julia
07-Apr-07, 12:13
Sounds interesting... what was the music?

Um Rage Against the Machine - 'Killing in the name' :eek:

Macwull
07-Apr-07, 12:14
Have been in there a few times now, first time it was dead slow and had to wait about 1 3/4 but as all establishments have there problems ive tried it a couple o times since and its been really good, you get a plateful!!

Another excellent place is liquid in thurso, food there was really quick finished our main course within 1/2 an hour of ordering!! Highly recommend it!!

Julia
07-Apr-07, 12:33
Another excellent place is liquid in thurso, food there was really quick finished our main course within 1/2 an hour of ordering!! Highly recommend it!!

Will need to try there, whereabouts is it?

SNOWDOG
07-Apr-07, 13:23
My cousins took my wee boy there for lunch the other day and had to leave after an hour because he was so hungry. Apart from the disappearing waitress there were no staff!! [mad]

Jeemag_USA
07-Apr-07, 13:31
I worked in catering for long enough and despite how busy you get it does not take someone that long to get them their food, even if the place is heaving. if I was letting people wait anywhere close to an hour I would expect to go out of business pronto! I used to work in the Fountain Restuarant in Thurso and even at peak tourist season when we were heaving I bet nobody had to wait more than half hour for their food, not even close to that and we kept the take away up as well. If your kitchen is prepped properly and you chef and kitchen staff know what they are doing you should never have to wait more that twenty minutes even at the busiest of times. There is a busy restaraunt close to me which gaurantees your food in under 14 minutes any time of day, they put little stop clocks on the tables like the ones they use in chess matches, if they are longer than fourteen minutes you eat for free! Zeros sounds like a very apt name to me.

noodle
07-Apr-07, 13:40
Will need to try there, whereabouts is it?

It's up past the college I think (Liquid, in Thurso, I mean)

Hibeechick
07-Apr-07, 14:38
It's up past the college I think (Liquid, in Thurso, I mean)

Joint on to the cinema and bowling alley isn't it?

Have to say I had a couple of meals in Zero's before it became so. Food was lovely and didn't wait long at all. Haven't been since it changed though.

obiron
07-Apr-07, 14:52
was in there last week, the food was nice but im not a big fan since it was taken over. no atmosphere.

2little2late
07-Apr-07, 16:26
was in there last week, the food was nice but im not a big fan since it was taken over. no atmosphere.

Then perhaps it should change its name to outerspace.[lol][lol]

_Ju_
07-Apr-07, 16:36
:confused Does anyone know if there is any official body which regulates the types of music that is played in different types of establishments, the reason I ask is on one of our visits to the aforementioned pub there was some extremely unsuitable music being played in the presence of children, mine and others (teatime on a Saturday),

A little off topic to your thread, but at least when they are young, kids will hear what they are familiar with. You know the Daz add where the band reforms after they get their T-shirts white again? Well my 5 year old loves singing to it: " I'm too sixty for my wife, too sixty for for my shirt to sixty by far...... (bellowing at the top of his voice). I wish I had a cam for these moments. I would save it for his wedding day ;)

scorrie
07-Apr-07, 17:14
Zeroz was a sci fi film with Sean Connery wasn't it?

I think you will find that the film was called Zardoz. Haven't seen it though, so I am not sure if Big Tam got round to any women slapping in that one ;o)

Julia
08-Apr-07, 17:37
Why didnt you put a £1 in the jukebox & select your own tunes? It is a pub for goodness sake & any time I have been in, there are usually younger drinkers in 18-25 is average id say, so its highly likely you will hear music you wont like. What kind of music should they play in there then??

Myself , personally dont like my kid to be in a pub , as it is a rather unpredictable place for peoples behaviour to change at any moment no matter the time of day.

I was in Zeroz yesterday for lunch, had excellent food & service as usual so I cant see reason for complaint, Id be more inclined to have a moan about Wetherspoons for slow service

Zeroz has a kiddies menu so shouldn't it be child friendly? The only reason I took my children there is because kids can eat in there and Spoons was closed.

You may well of had excellent food and service but the point I am making is others have not, if Spoons had been open I would of gone there instead.

connieb19
08-Apr-07, 18:07
Do Spoons often close at teatime on a Saturday?

Jeemag_USA
08-Apr-07, 18:38
I think you will find that the film was called Zardoz. Haven't seen it though, so I am not sure if Big Tam got round to any women slapping in that one ;o)

Yeah I knew that, I was doing a parody of the other guys sarcasm. Zardoz is a classic! Anyway everyone knows Zeroz is those japanese war planes that flew into things on purpose :)

connieb19
08-Apr-07, 20:41
I didnt realise that, I thought they always did meals. I'll need to keep this in mind the next time I'm going there and phone to check first. :eek:

debs
08-Apr-07, 20:44
spoons werent closed on saturday not sure where there gettin that from

Bingobabe
08-Apr-07, 20:46
Thankyou for that Debs, but what about Friday?

debs
08-Apr-07, 20:50
nor fri but maybe there getting a little confused the week before we was closed,wasnt understaffed tho an there was signs on the window saying why

Julia
08-Apr-07, 23:26
The Saturday I am talking about was the week Spoons was closed.

debs
09-Apr-07, 19:17
spoons werent closed on the sat tho just the mon to fri

Blazing Sporrans
09-Apr-07, 20:50
Licensed premises can only admit children if they apply for a certificate and make provision for a child suitable/friendly area. If managers/proprietors have to go to that bother and are trying to cater for and attract that part of the market (the family unit), then why not ensure that things are suitable for children instead of paying lip service? I can understand the notion that children will not be admitted after a certain time of the evening, however if you are catering for the family then cater for the family. It's fairly simple surely?

wavy davy
09-Apr-07, 22:29
Licensed premises can only admit children if they apply for a certificate and make provision for a child suitable/friendly area. If managers/proprietors have to go to that bother and are trying to cater for and attract that part of the market (the family unit), then why not ensure that things are suitable for children instead of paying lip service? I can understand the notion that children will not be admitted after a certain time of the evening, however if you are catering for the family then cater for the family. It's fairly simple surely?

In the context of Julia's original grumble, what do you mean by catering for the family - turn the jukebox off in case one of the songs is inappropriate for kids - PC or what!

connieb19
09-Apr-07, 22:32
In the context of Julia's original grumble, what do you mean by catering for the family - turn the jukebox off in case one of the songs is inappropriate for kids - PC or what!
Totally agree, as I said in an earlier post which was removed, if there was no music no doubt people would be complaining that they could overhear unsuitable language, especially on a Saturday afternoon. :roll: