PDA

View Full Version : James Oag married to Ann Campbell my 4th great grandfather

lynn prow
03-May-05, 12:42
I am a descendant of James Oag married to Ann Campbell. Their daughter Anne married Alexander Oag and their daughter Ann married my 2nd great grandfather William Miller. My grandmother is a Miller. Is anyone else researching this family. It would be great to share information.

thanks
Lynn

Tricia
03-May-05, 15:43
Hi Lynn
William Miller b 1830 m in 1854 Ann Oag b 1832
Which one of their children is your line?

Their Daughter Margaret b 1861 married Alexander MORE in 1898

MORE is my family name.
Alex is a 1C3R

Tricia

lynn prow
03-May-05, 23:42
Hi
Thanks for replying.
Son of William Miller and Ann Oag, George born 17 September 1856 married Anne Jane Bruce who were my great grandparents. Their daughter Lizzie married Henry Clyne, their daughter is my mum who lives with me in Australia.
I worked it out that Margaret Miller is my great grand aunt.
I have some Miller Information I have all the children of William Miller and Anne Oag but do not know who they married. I also have all the children of George Miller and Anne Jane Bruce.
Look forward to hearing from you. It would be could to share information.
Best wishes from Australia Lynn

emcoag
04-May-05, 23:49
Hi Lynn,

I am researching the Oags that originated in Caithness. James Oag (married to Anne Campbell) was one of four brothers that started the main branches of my tree.

I know of William Miller and his marriage to Anne Oag on December 29, 1854 in Wick parish. What I don't know is who were their offspring and who was William's mother. I like to round out the girls on my tree, all about their spouse and their offspring even though they are no longer Oags they are still important.

If you would like to know more about the Oag connection maybe we could exchange info (if you are willing)?

Regards,

Val Oag
Bedfordshire, England

Tricia
05-May-05, 11:18
Hi all
I have "MORE" links to the these Oags/Miller with the following:

Margaret MILLER , daughter of William MILLER and Ann OAG, was born on 5 June 1861 in Wick , CAI.SCT. She married Alexander MORE on 25 February 1898 in The Manse Wick. He was son of Alexander MORE and Helen DOWNIE. She died on 26 November 1923 in Sarclet Parish, CAI.SCT. She was buried on 29 November 1923 in Thrumster, CAI.SCT.

Alexander MORE. He and Margaret MILLER had the following children:
(only 2 listed below - others to find/input)
William George MORE (1901- ) m Ann Stewart
Helen Anne MORE (1905?-1976?) m Andrew Bremner

I also have this one: William Oag married in 1825 Catherine MORE, daughter of Angus More and Catherine Sutherland.
I am not sure of this William Oag's family - can anyone help. Then again I may have the information but not keyed it in yet.

Tricia

emcoag
05-May-05, 11:49
Hi Tricia,

Thanks for the info on Margaret Miller, 1 down X to go!

I also have this one: William Oag married in 1825 Catherine MORE, daughter of Angus More and Catherine Sutherland.
I am not sure of this William Oag's family - can anyone help. Then again I may have the information but not keyed it in yet.

I think than I might have mentioned this supposition to you before (it will need other confirmatory evidence).

John M. 1 Nov 1786 Catherine MacPHERSON
Katherine C. 1788, John OAG (?) [own tree-unproven]
George C. 1789,
James C. 1791, D. 1847 Elizabeth SINCLAIR (?)
Margaret C. 1792,
John C. 1794, D. 1860 Ester BREMNER
Henrietta C. 1796,
Kenneth C. 1796
William C. 1798, D. 1858 Catherine MORE (?)
Alexander C. 1802

Best Wishes

Val Oag

Tricia
05-May-05, 14:37
Thanks Val
Think we have exchanged info before.

I have in front of me now Death for William Miller(Widower of Elizabeth Miller)
20 Jun 1880 aged 88 Fisherman of Sarclet - Parents John Miller Fisherman and Jessie Grant - Informant William Miller Grandson.

William and Elizabeth Miller I believe to be parents of William Miller who married Ann OAG.
On death of William (married ot Ann Oag) 11 Oct 1896 it does gives mother surname and maiden name as Miller with no first name and father as William Miller - informant George Miller son.

Copies if you require.

Back to see what else I can untangle now.
Tricia
Banbury UK