PDA

View Full Version : J.Fats Band

Gleber2
05-Apr-07, 19:10
We will be playing in the Newmarket on Sunday 8th with Mina Taylor and our very own Zebedy. :D

Cazaa
05-Apr-07, 21:44
£6 a ticket? What a rip . . . Ooops! Sorry, wrong thread.

Hope it all goes well.
(wow. The Thurso music scene certainly seems to be buzzing at the moment - wish I was back)

ps - from what I've read of Zebedy, he's underage for being in a bar! - I can see these threads all coming together again . . . it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

zebedy
05-Apr-07, 23:41
the only thing ive ever done in bars mate is coke

K dragon
05-Apr-07, 23:49
coca cola, by god say coca cola.

people will start thinking the worst lol

lagertops
06-Apr-07, 00:15
What time r yee playing ?might pop doon for a couple o pints.

zebedy
06-Apr-07, 00:35
were starin about 4ish i think gleber? chobber?

Gleber2
06-Apr-07, 02:37
were starin about 4ish i think gleber? chobber?
Yep!!! 4 oclock.

swavey
06-Apr-07, 08:02
nice one!ill be there!should be good!!

Deemac
06-Apr-07, 11:02
I'll bring the cola then . . . . . .:eek:

zebedy
06-Apr-07, 11:56
good plan! :)

moncur
06-Apr-07, 12:37
Il prob pop down a look. plannin a sunday sesh then off to a private shindig 18th/ 21st thingy so hopefully see u guys in the afternoon before i nip off

theboysintheband
06-Apr-07, 13:18
I think I'll be in town so i'll pay a visit, no doubt!

canuck
06-Apr-07, 15:18
Good luck Zebedy. It sounds exciting. Sorry I will miss it. But maybe G2 will give you a bit part in the August 22 concert and I'll get to hear you then. By the way, how has the ankle healed? This island living cuts one off from all the good news.

moncur
06-Apr-07, 15:28
By the way, how has the ankle healed?

He tried to be the 21st century version of the def leppard drummer and hacked his ankle off with a rusty pair of scissors. He has since lowered his drum throne to reach the kick pedal with his newly hardened stump!

Gleber2
06-Apr-07, 15:45
But maybe G2 will give you a bit part in the August 22 concert and I'll get to hear you then.

Is that a birthday request? Consider it done.:D

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Apr-07, 06:37
Gleber2, Chobbers...

The Mooney and I shall be up in Thurso around tea-time tonight. If you fancy indulging us for ten minutes - we have fiddle and guitar with us - drop me a text. Will stop by to say hello regardless. Look forward to it.

Gleber2
08-Apr-07, 12:34
Gleber2, Chobbers...

The Mooney and I shall be up in Thurso around tea-time tonight. If you fancy indulging us for ten minutes - we have fiddle and guitar with us - drop me a text. Will stop by to say hello regardless. Look forward to it.

More than welcome but for more than ten minutes. This gig looks like turning into a free for all as we have lost our bassist, brought in a drummer, put myself and Chjnr on bass and invited at least two drummers as guests as well as a guest bassist. Could turn into quite a session!!!!:)

Kev_Plastic_Food
08-Apr-07, 13:53
More than welcome but for more than ten minutes. This gig looks like turning into a free for all as we have lost our bassist, brought in a drummer, put myself and Chjnr on bass and invited at least two drummers as guests as well as a guest bassist. Could turn into quite a session!!!!:)

By my count, that makes 3 bassists, and 3 drummers, sure you havent forgotten anything? :)

moncur
08-Apr-07, 14:04
By my count, that makes 3 bassists, and 3 drummers, sure you havent forgotten anything? :)

Dont worry, il turn up with ma triangle!

Gleber2
08-Apr-07, 14:30
Yep, a plastic plate for the plastic food.:D

zebedy
09-Apr-07, 19:38
just tried to play my drums about 5 mins ago!

and could'nt hold my arms up for very long! lol

musta been a good gig! haha

canuck
09-Apr-07, 20:43
Can we have a plastic birthday cake?

Gleber2
09-Apr-07, 21:18
Can we have a plastic birthday cake?
Don't see why not. Zebedy will make a guest appearance on the 22sec as you requested.

denise
13-Apr-07, 19:15
hi i was up in thurso last weekend and didn't go out saturday night. thought I would save myself for J Fats(used to be a regular in the newmarket on a sunday afternoon 12 years ago). We were there from the start and stayed for the first dset and it wasn't his usual standard, evn allowing for him loosing his base player and having to move Isac and the others around.
Isac has some voice though not as deep as johnnys for the blues though.
I passed the bar again about 6.30 and 8.30 and it looked as if it was jumpin.

canuck
16-Apr-07, 15:33
just tried to play my drums about 5 mins ago!

and could'nt hold my arms up for very long! lol

musta been a good gig! haha

Excessive exercise does that to one's muscles!

Last Thursday I played volleyball for the first time in about 25 years. Now that gives the old muscles a real work out with 2 days of limping around in pain.

I am thrilled to read that Zebedy will be part of the birthday concert.