PDA

View Full Version : whats the new shop going to be?

moonshadow
05-Apr-07, 12:25
does anyone know what the shops going to be, where the wick music shop used to be?

i spotted what looked like info notice on the windows but i was busy with getting to the bank in time so i didnt get a chance to read it.

neepnipper
05-Apr-07, 12:53
I think it says 'Caithness Crafts', selling all sorts of things that have been made in Caithness. Hope it works out for them.

peedie
05-Apr-07, 14:06
the poster in the window says they are going to be selling caithness crafts/art. there is a contact number in the window but not sure if its for enquires about buying or if they're looking for artwork to sell.

Rheghead
05-Apr-07, 14:45
Did this shop sponsor the Caithness craft display in the Airport terminal by any chance? I hope they do well.

moonshadow
05-Apr-07, 15:39
what caithness craft display? theres not enough arts and crafts event happening in wick and when there is something happening its hardly promoted at all :mad:

if i knew of these things happening i would like to go see.

lexie
05-Apr-07, 18:34
make a change no to be a takeaway!

moonshadow
05-Apr-07, 18:45
i agree lexie. i get really fed up with all the talk about wanting this shop or that shop up here. people forget that shops like new look (or as i call it, clone look) market stuff that all looks the same, and everyone ends up having no choice but to buy the same dull and badly made dross thats the shops churn out to us.

i would welcome any shop that encourages unique, attractive and handmade quality items to sell. i would much rather give my trade to these type of shops than venture anywhere near new look, argos, and any of the other shops that look like the stuff could fall apart at any moment of wearing or handling the items.

sweetpea
05-Apr-07, 21:36
Maybe a good idea if all the wee shops clubbed together in one big one to sell all their stuff, like a department store? Anything that sells unique things has got my vote.