PDA

View Full Version : specsavers ?

devon lass
04-Apr-07, 22:57
Hi can anyone tell me is there going to be a Specsavers in Wick . Only i saw a van parked beside Graham Beggs shop oppisite the Co-op today.
Any in-fo would be great.:D

engiebenjy
04-Apr-07, 23:06
Not sure about Wick, but they're in Thurso this week. I have an appointment on Saturday, but they were few and far between when I booked a few weeks ago. Best thing to do is watch for the flyer in the Groat / Courier.

Fran
05-Apr-07, 00:15
They are open in the Norseman, next toGraham Beggs, today and tomorrow.

emb123
05-Apr-07, 12:17
I got my last prescription done in a Specsavers and it was done very well but I bought my actual glasses online.

There are loads of companies who sell glasses on the internet and I imagine you need to be careful but I can speak from experience only about the people I went to: http://selectspecs.com (you may need to select GBP and the union jack) and I'd say there is absolutely no way they could delight me more than they did. The service was excellent and I decided to phone a couple of times to check a few things and the chap I spoke to was intelligent, friendly, quietly spoken and very polite and helpful. The quality of both glasses I received was outstanding and quality of the workmanship in making up my prescription was superb - i.e. they were cut in the correct shape, the edges were even and symmetrical, the holes were in the right place etc. I was so pleased that I bought a second pair which was every bit as good.

As a for instance the glasses I bought were Designer,Titanium, rimless, super-thin lenses with hard coat, anti-glare coat and Anti-UV coat came in a superb quality, hard, embossed designer case with a silk type lens cloth for £24.95, including postage. They arrived within a week. Plus I had seven days to change my mind and reject them if I wanted to for any reason whatsoever.

I have recommended them to friends and family and they have all likewise been astounded and delighted. Even if you find they have nothing to offer you it's worth shopping around including the various dealers online before shelling out £200 - £300 on a pair of glasses.

Hope this info may do someone a good turn :)

neepnipper
05-Apr-07, 22:02
Are Specsavers in the Norseman on Friday? Or were they there Weds and Thurs?