PDA

View Full Version : Fallen on his own sword

Royster1911
04-Apr-07, 12:37
Mr Tom Jackson has decided not to stand for re-election. I wonder why? Now, all we need is the other two numpties to follow him.
Bye Tom, I do not think you will like being on the dole but, hey, you made at least one right desicion.[lol]

jay
04-Apr-07, 13:07
perhaps because of the thankless reaction of the public! not to mention the very public abuse for just doing his job. Good luck Tom.

Royster1911
04-Apr-07, 14:55
Nope. You got that one wrong! For NOT carrying out his public duties by representing bla bla bla. We have covered all this ground before. Good riddance Tom

jaykay
04-Apr-07, 15:09
Nope. You got that one wrong! For NOT carrying out his public duties by representing bla bla bla. We have covered all this ground before. Good riddance Tom

Hopefully after the forthcoming elections it will be good riddance to the other two numpties as well. Aftwer all a vote for them is a vote against Asda coming to Thurso.

mareng
05-Apr-07, 05:28
Hopefully after the forthcoming elections it will be good riddance to the other two numpties as well. Aftwer all a vote for them is a vote against Asda coming to Thurso.

Think your town centre is going downhill just now?

Just wait until you get ASDA.

pentlander
05-Apr-07, 09:05
Some of you realy are quite sad. Calling councillors numpties and the like over a supermarket makes you sound like small minded idiots.

I have very little time for anyone in that type of position but the abuse and crap that has been hurled at these three men is bloody ridiculous and some people need to get a grip.
It is a shame some of you were not so outspoken when the maternity department was threatened with closure. No, but a cheap supermarket causes revolution, pathetic.

Royster1911
05-Apr-07, 10:47
Poor thing, did someone steal your dummy then? Go and read the Asda thread. The said councellors DID NOT represent the people that they were elected to represent. For that reason alone (wheather it was Asda, Tesco, Maternity unit or any other structure) they should go!

pentlander
05-Apr-07, 10:57
They represented my views fine thank you very much. If you listen to what they said rather than spouting hysterical nonsense you would see that they were not against Asda but rather the chosen site.
I have no doubt that more people are in favour of Asda than against it however politicians are lambasted for changing thier mind just because something is politically popular. The councillors in questions have stuck to thier guns, rightly or wrongly after listening to all the arguments. Not just a biased online petition.
I am sure most people when asked would want to bring back hanging this does not make it the right thing to do.

Royster1911
05-Apr-07, 11:04
They represented my views fine thank you very much. If you listen to what they said rather than spouting hysterical nonsense you would see that they were not against Asda but rather the chosen site.
I have no doubt that more people are in favour of Asda than against it however politicians are lambasted for changing thier mind just because something is politically popular. The councillors in questions have stuck to thier guns, rightly or wrongly after listening to all the arguments. Not just a biased online petition.
I am sure most people when asked would want to bring back hanging this does not make it the right thing to do.
You have hit the nail right on the head by saying "WHEN ASKED". The ward of Mr Jackson WAS NOT ASKED what they wanted. It WAS however, what he wanted. This is getting tiresome.

pentlander
05-Apr-07, 11:12
You have hit the nail right on the head by saying "WHEN ASKED". The ward of Mr Jackson WAS NOT ASKED what they wanted. It WAS however, what he wanted. This is getting tiresome.
What you are arguing for then is a change in the way government is run. Abolish councils and have all descions voted on by referendum.

Royster1911
05-Apr-07, 11:14
Yawn, you shot yourself in the foot. Go and get it sorted:Razz

pentlander
05-Apr-07, 11:26
I wish I knew what you were talking about

jaykay
05-Apr-07, 11:57
What you are arguing for then is a change in the way government is run. Abolish councils and have all descions voted on by referendum.

No,we are not asking to abolish councils only councillors who put their own interests before the majority of the people who voted form them. Surely not a mistake the voters will make this time.

Rampant Rabbit
05-Apr-07, 12:07
<P>pentlander how much did mr jackson get a pay off to stand down HE WAS RUBBISH</P>

Rheghead
05-Apr-07, 12:14

It is true what you have said but the 'decision time' is when they come up for re-election. Obviously he thinks he has faux paxed against the wishes of his electorate and has subsquently acted with his concience.

JimH
05-Apr-07, 12:30
[
I am sure most people when asked would want to bring back hanging this does not make it the right thing to do.[/quote]

Yes please - and it would be right.