PDA

View Full Version : Help can anyone recommend a good dog-groomer

kani
03-Apr-07, 21:36
We've decided to get our English Springer Spaniel clipped, but it's been years since we needed a dog groomer and our previous ones no longer do it. Our dog gets anxious in new situations so it'd have to be somewhere that wouldn't mind me staying with him because as long as I'm there he's not so worried. We hope someone out there can help by recommending someone with plenty of patience, but if you fuss too much he dissolves into a piddly puddle.
Thanks in anticipation

Torvaig
03-Apr-07, 21:46
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1335

Ann allows you to stay and calm your dog right to the end!

Jenni
04-Apr-07, 13:45
I take my dog to Paula at Pampered Pets, Dunbeath. I don't usually stay with my dog but if I arrive early to pick her up Paula has no problems letting me come through while she finishes off.

Her number is 01593 731 305

carasmam
04-Apr-07, 15:18
Or Mucky Pups up at the Industrial Estate. My dog doesn't need groomed but I've only heard good things about them from other folk. 01955 603244

scaraben
13-Apr-07, 17:09
Wev'e taken ours for the past 20 years to "Heads & Tails" Tain they do a wonderful job and its a days outing too !!

kani
13-Apr-07, 18:59
Thank you all for your recommendations, I took Shane to Anubis on Monday afternoon but unfortunately he was clearly terrified of the clippers so it's back to the drawing board. Ann was very good with him but he was obviously very anxious and couldn't cope, so for everyones safety we decided to call it a day. It was only his ears which must be clipped (on the advice of my vet) poor dog has got a problem with his ears, in that he keeps getting infections due to the warm damp environment inside.
I have borrowed clippers from my sister and will just take my time and gradually get him used to them and try again, myself and my husband can normally do anything with him as he has a very good nature and he really trusts us. We don't really know much about his life before we got him at 19 months old, so whether there is something in his past which has made him so anxious we will never know. If we can't get them clipped then its back to the vets for a sedative and get them to try but we try to avoid anxiety as much as we can because we love him to bits. His ears are fine at the moment and we want to keep them that way, so we won't just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best when he needs to see the vet we take him, the vet doesn't want him to develop a phobia about his ears and nor do we.